Welcome To www.LupusMCTD.com
April 19, 2024, 03:23:20 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Matthew Milam (his Dad)-Chicago  (Read 2553 times)
Adminஐﻬ
"Pay It Forward" ஐﻬ
Site Owner

LupusMCTD Founder ஐﻬ

« on: July 18, 2007, 04:47:50 pm »

Kelly Rowland — Even A Child Of Destiny Needs A Break
Written by Matthew Milam

When my father sat down at a local restaurant in our neighborhood a year ago, he suddenly felt the need to leave. No sooner did he get up to go, he fainted with his head landing between two tables. He did it once more after that while waiting for help to come from the local Doctor's office in the next building.

It sent my mother (who was with him) into a panic and put even more gray hairs on her head. She and I both thought long afterwards that the problem was a psychological one that triggered his Lupus to act up. When more of these fainting spells took place later, we decided to change his medicine to see if he would get better. He eventually did and we can now take him out to eat without the fear of such an incident taking place again.

When a singer goes on stage, he or she takes a similar risk. Not because they have a disease like my father's, but because they give of themselves so much of the time in order to gain the money and the fame they wish for. Most of the time through, in this type of giving to the world, they often neglect their own personal health or merely forget to stop in order to regroup and replenish their minds and bodies.

Former Destiny's Child member Kelly Rowland for instance recently passed out at a concert in Africa while on Tour promoting her Ms. Kelly album. No sooner did the gossip sites get a hold of the news that speculation spread from a number of commentators that it was staged because of poor sales. While I don't put it past Matthew Knowles (her manager), I don't see him asking Kelly to pass out in Africa to boost her record sales.

Passing out isn't something you make up in the name of public attention. I believe after looking at the video from the concert that Kelly did in fact pass out from lack of hydration. On the other hand, Ms. Kelly has only sold 82,700 in it's first week and hasn't even made a dent overseas except in the United Kingdom.

I wonder if that was the thinking that people had when they witnessed my father falling down like that at the restaurant. Not exactly that he had planned the whole thing for attention to a product, but of the reason he was out there in the first place. Why else would a man so sickly from Lupus come outside in the general public in such a frail condition?

Perhaps it's because like Kelly Rowland, once in awhile you want to stop from your everyday routine and have a moment of normal. In his condition, it's very tricky to take him places. Even so, I, being his caretaker have to make exceptions no matter what the consequences are. Everybody needs to breathe air and feel something different once in awhile.

Kelly Rowland should probably take a break from music and use her name to get into other avenues such as acting. She may not wow critics with her performance, but she at least is thinking about how to act. Beyonce, literally, is reading her lines (especially in Dreamgirls).

Celebrities, especially singers, are people first. But somehow as admirers and consumers we turn them into more than what they really are and thus, they no longer are people to us.

Do everyday people really hate their lives that much that they are willing to put up with such crap? I certainly hope not.

Matthew Milam lives in Chicago, IL taking care of his elderly father who has lupus. He spends several hours of the day in his small apartment finding the words to put to something of a coherent article or blog entry.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2007, 04:56:06 pm by Admin » Logged

I look normal, as I have an "Invisible Illness". You can not catch it, you can not see it. It's called Lupus.My body is attacking itself on the inside.
www.LupusMCTD.com Represents:
1) We are patients helping researchers build a future for the lives of others...
2) Where HOPE is a WORK In Progress
3) Pay It Forward~Giving Back To The Future Lupus/MCTD Patients
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

© Page Contents, Layout, Graphics and Design All Copyrighted by Credited Artists and are Not Public Domain.

LupusMCTD Founder & Patient
Former Domestic Violence SURVIVOR
Kathy A. Patterson

Author of the Upcoming Memoir Book:
"Fighting From The Inside Out"..
A lupus patient fights the beast within her immune system and the beast at home....

e-Booklet filled with photos and videos of what abuse was, signs to look for,
where to turn to for help, and much more to help others like me...

For more information
Call the National Domestic Violence Hotline at 1−800−799−SAFE(7233)

"The Meaning of the Words in the Second Amendment .... "That the people have a right to freedom of speech, and of writing, and publishing their sentiments;"

PRIVACY NOTICE: Warning--any person and/or institution and/or Agent and/or Agency of any governmental structure including but not limited to the United States Federal Government also using or monitoring/using this website or any of its associated websites, you do NOT have my permission to utilize any of my profile information nor any of the content contained herein including, but not limited to my photos, and/ or the comments made about my photo's or any other "picture" art posted on my profile. You are hereby notified that you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing, disseminating, or taking any other action against me with regard to this profile and the contents herein. The foregoing prohibitions also apply to your employee(s), agent(s), student(s) or any personnel under your direction or control. The contents of this profile are private and legally privileged and confidential information, and the violation of my personal privacy is punishable by law
Photobucket
© 2008 LupusMCTD Foundation of America - All Rights Reserved
Est.November 11, 2005
"We Understand What You Are Going Through"™