Welcome To www.LupusMCTD.com
April 19, 2024, 12:20:22 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Flight of the "Hope Bracelet" (TM) Journey  (Read 43024 times)
Adminஐﻬ
"Pay It Forward" ஐﻬ
Site Owner

LupusMCTD Founder ஐﻬ

« Reply #30 on: October 26, 2008, 11:40:11 am »

Without saying names, it has been brought to my attention that members who are on the list to receive the bracelet, someone has written down the addresses of fellow board members then mailed out items to their home addresses that they do not wish to accept or wish for you to have their home address..

PLEASE, during this Lupus Awareness campaign let's not blow it, as well as hurt others.

They do not appreciate what has been done and I don't blame them.
Being on line here is different than when one mails items they do not care to receive.

I apologise to all that were affect by this.

Kathy
« Last Edit: October 26, 2008, 11:41:21 am by Adminஐﻬ » Logged

I look normal, as I have an "Invisible Illness". You can not catch it, you can not see it. It's called Lupus.My body is attacking itself on the inside.
www.LupusMCTD.com Represents:
1) We are patients helping researchers build a future for the lives of others...
2) Where HOPE is a WORK In Progress
3) Pay It Forward~Giving Back To The Future Lupus/MCTD Patients
chiara38
Jr. Seeker of Support

« Reply #31 on: October 26, 2008, 01:51:52 pm »

Hello to everyone..I am sorry I mailed out some literature to a few ladies on the list to receive the Hope Bracelet.....it was inappropriate of me without asking first...Please forgive my indiscretion...As always you are all in my prayers..take care of yourselves...So long cLare
Adminஐﻬ
"Pay It Forward" ஐﻬ
Site Owner

LupusMCTD Founder ஐﻬ

« Reply #32 on: October 26, 2008, 03:04:41 pm »

Hello to everyone..I am sorry I mailed out some literature to a few ladies on the list to receive the Hope Bracelet.....it was inappropriate of me without asking first...Please forgive my indiscretion...As always you are all in my prayers..take care of yourselves...So long cLare
Clare,
I'm sure they accept your apology. We may talk about our faith online, but sending it out to one's home address was upsetting. We appreciate your efforts but not everyone has the same faith or knew someone they did not know had their home address.
It was I'm sure done with a good intent. Just email someone next time and ask for their permission or for their home address. OK?

We want to stay happy & healthy, you meant well but it was the wrong way to go about it.
THANK YOU for aplogising!
I appreciate that.
Katsu

I look normal, as I have an "Invisible Illness". You can not catch it, you can not see it. It's called Lupus.My body is attacking itself on the inside.
1) We are patients helping researchers build a future for the lives of others...
chiara38
Jr. Seeker of Support

« Reply #33 on: October 26, 2008, 05:54:34 pm »

Thank you for your forgiveness Kathy..My intentions were good and I am seriously grieved about my actions and I hope that they will forgive me as well..It is just that all I have to share is my hope and faith and you are right..I know now I should have asked permission first but in my zeal my brain flew out the window..Please believe me that nothing like that will ever happen again...So Kim, Lacey, Andrea, Deborah..Please forgive me...I will understand if you do not but I hope you do....Once again Kathy thank you for your generosity and understanding and for not kicking me off the board because I think of you guys as family and a big part of me would be missing if I was unable to participate with you in your every day happenings and see how you all were doing... gsad
I hope everything goes well with you tomorrow Katsu...I have to get a monitor put on tomorrow to keep track of my heart as the echocardiogram was abnormal again so I will be thinking of you while at the hospital...You are in my prayers...I send many hugs to you and everyone and hope you all rest well..Take good care of yourselves....Love Clare
Crabbyla279
« Reply #34 on: October 26, 2008, 06:03:08 pm »

Clare~
     Actually, I was touched by your thought to send me something that means so much to you!  While I am not OVERLY religious, I was also raised to believe that everyone is free to choose what they believe in and how they want to practice and promote those beliefs.  It is why my mom doesn't scream and rant and rave when she finds out that I've been to "circles" as done by my girlfriend- she's Pagan and is very open with it- as I'm sure she would if she were more like some of her relatives.

That said, if you can believe this one, my mom's family- herself excluded- are extremely religious.  In fact, my great-grandfather wrote several books "debunking" religion- or at least Christianity.  Something my mom's Aunt Gail- a very religious woman- refuses to believe.

Anyway, thank you for the sentiment.  I know that your heart was in the right place.  Know that as far as I'm concerned, you meant well and will garner no ill-words from me.
chiara38
Jr. Seeker of Support

« Reply #35 on: October 26, 2008, 07:10:19 pm »

Thank you Lacey..I  appreciate  that and I appreciate you...Believe it or not I used to believe in the good witches of the NOrth south east and west...even did incantations...And watched Charmed religiously until my heart found what it was searching for...My older daughter was once in a coven and practiced the ouija board or something of that sort... I Understand Pagan...LOL most of Christendom is based on Paganism but I do not judge anyone..I understand everyone has free will and will come to their own conclusion in their own time..I appreciate your forgiving spirit and your upbuilding personality...Thank you for refreshing my spirit...
YOu are thought of often...
So long my friend...Hope you are doing well..stay strong...talk to you soon...love Clare
Adminஐﻬ
"Pay It Forward" ஐﻬ
Site Owner

LupusMCTD Founder ஐﻬ

« Reply #36 on: October 26, 2008, 08:14:07 pm »

Thank you for your forgiveness Kathy..My intentions were good and I am seriously grieved about my actions and I hope that they will forgive me as well..It is just that all I have to share is my hope and faith and you are right..I know now I should have asked permission first but in my zeal my brain flew out the window..Please believe me that nothing like that will ever happen again...So Kim, Lacey, Andrea, Deborah..Please forgive me...I will understand if you do not but I hope you do....Once again Kathy thank you for your generosity and understanding and for not kicking me off the board because I think of you guys as family and a big part of me would be missing if I was unable to participate with you in your every day happenings and see how you all were doing... gsad
I hope everything goes well with you tomorrow Katsu...I have to get a monitor put on tomorrow to keep track of my heart as the echocardiogram was abnormal again so I will be thinking of you while at the hospital...You are in my prayers...I send many hugs to you and everyone and hope you all rest well..Take good care of yourselves....Love Clare
((CLARE))
I know your intentions were meant well, but in this day & age with identity theft you can imagine how alarming it was to this member when she recieved it. She knew that she only gave me her personal information.

And I am at fault too Clare for not making note on the list, please do not use the addresses for other purposes untill you ask them for permission. But that thought never made it's way into my head.

I could of called you last night when I found out, but I needed to get the message out to anyone who is to recieve or participate with the Hope Bracelet, please don't be using the list but nothing more than to send the bracelet to.

Please do not beat yourself up over this. It's all solved, things are good. And now everyone KNOWS do not use the address list for any personal gain. You are loved even more for your kindness. It's water under the bridge.

Please keep us updated on your test(s)
Love,
Katsu

chiara38
Jr. Seeker of Support

« Reply #37 on: October 26, 2008, 08:38:14 pm »

Thank you Katsu...You have given peace to my aching heart....Rest well....Love Clare
Adminஐﻬ
"Pay It Forward" ஐﻬ
Site Owner

LupusMCTD Founder ஐﻬ

« Reply #38 on: October 26, 2008, 08:56:10 pm »

Thank you Katsu...You have given peace to my aching heart....Rest well....Love Clare
Clare,
It's my fault too because I didn't write a warning not to be using the addresses for any other purpose.

My apologises as well.
Katsu

Adminஐﻬ
"Pay It Forward" ஐﻬ
Site Owner

LupusMCTD Founder ஐﻬ

« Reply #39 on: December 02, 2008, 05:56:44 pm »

reder UPDATE~
Since October the bracelet has been in one place.  hppygrlmil  Hopefully it will be on it's way soon.

The bracelet rules say to have it in your possession for two weeks before mailing it on to the next lupus patient, but we need to change the rules so we can hurry and get the bracelet back.
So instead of having it in your possesion for two weeks, we will now ask that you mail it on the same week you receive it.
If one week of wearing and writing about the bracelet is not enough time, please email me LupusWebsite@aol.com and let me know, I'm very understanding.

If you choose to mail it via USPS Priority Flat Rate envelope that cost is $4.75 regardless of the weight inside the envelope to anywhere in the USA.
Or you can choose Media Mail which is the cheapest, but it is also the slowest form of mailing an item.

Our International Hope Bracelet Journey was suppose to kick off January 1st, but until the 2008 bracelet makes it's round to everyone on the list, we will put the International Bracelet Awareness program on hold for now.

THANK YOU TO ALL WHO HAVE BEEN SO PATIENT!  LUAW

« Last Edit: December 16, 2008, 11:28:59 am by Adminஐﻬ » Logged

Adminஐﻬ
"Pay It Forward" ஐﻬ
Site Owner

LupusMCTD Founder ஐﻬ

« Reply #40 on: December 16, 2008, 11:50:03 am »

reder UPDATE~
Since October the bracelet has been in one place.  hppygrlmil  Hopefully it will be on it's way soon.

The bracelet rules say to have it in your possession for two weeks before mailing it on to the next lupus patient, but we need to change the rules so we can hurry and get the bracelet back.
So instead of having it in your possesion for two weeks, we will now ask that you mail it on the same week you receive it.
If one week of wearing and writing about the bracelet is not enough time, please email me LupusWebsite@aol.com and let me know, I'm very understanding.

If you choose to mail it via USPS Priority Flat Rate envelope that cost is $4.75 regardless of the weight inside the envelope to anywhere in the USA.
Or you can choose Media Mail which is the cheapest, but it is also the slowest form of mailing an item.

Our International Hope Bracelet Journey was suppose to kick off January 1st, but until the 2008 bracelet makes it's round to everyone on the list, we will put the International Bracelet Awareness program on hold for now.

THANK YOU TO ALL WHO HAVE BEEN SO PATIENT!  LUAW

BUMPING UP THIS POST FROM 2 WEEKS AGO
PLEASE EVERYONE WHO ASKED TO BE ON THE LIST, KEEP IT NOW FOR ONE WEEK ONLY.
I know 2 weeks turned into 2 months stuck on the east coast.
We have a few in Utah, one in Arizona, Washington, DC, back to Florida for 2 more....the list goes on!
PLEASE SEND THIS BRACELET BACK TO ANYONE ON THE LIST ASAP.
We just need to keep the bracelet moving.

If something happened to the bracelet, please email me LupusWebsite@aol.com and tell me.(second post request)
I can't keep guessing what is so bad to keep the bracelet this long. I don't know what to tell others except post about it and let the others who were looking forward to the bracelet to arrive at their home I AM SORRY!!!! And I am truly sorry, once it left my hands, I had no control of who it went to.

hppygrlmil  REMINDER....
2 day PRIORITY ENVELOPE $4.75 ANYWHERE IN THE USA REGARDLESS OF WEIGHT
MEDIA MAIL IS SLOW AND YOU ARE CHARGED BY THE WEIGHT
For more information go to www.USPS.com

Adminஐﻬ
"Pay It Forward" ஐﻬ
Site Owner

LupusMCTD Founder ஐﻬ

« Reply #41 on: January 02, 2009, 11:48:30 am »

It's been ANOTHER month since the December 2 and Dec 16th post /reminders for an SOS on the bracelet. LUAW

PLEASE whoever has it, I hope you had an enjoyable holiday and will soon care one day about all the other Lupus & MCTD Patients who have waited & waited since October, November, December now January that lost out on participation during the past 4 months!!!.

Instructions stated 2 weeks to have it in your possestion. PLEASE MAIL IT to anyone on the list.
If this bracelet is not in the hands of another member by next Friday, the last known member who had the bracelet will be banned from this site.
It's only fair as there are were so many others that were looking forward to being a part of this wonderful opportunity to raise Lupus Awareness and share something special..

smilen 4 months is ridiculous, and I don't know how else to stress it that you will be banned from this site for the hardship afflicted upon others waiting and waiting for their turn to receive it.I have NOT received any emails from any members, again here is my email address to write to me LupusWebsite@AOL.com. (Emails only accepted no phone calls, thank you)
The International Bracelet was to be mailed off 2 days ago.
Before that could happen, we needed the months of October, November, December to have the bracelet travel around the USA, collect a charm or ribbon, along with written thoughts on what it meant to you having the bracelet worn on your arm.

Then the bracelet was to be put up on Ebay in EARLY December which would of taken one week alone to auction the bracelet.

From now on if you want to be included in anything for raising Lupus Awareness, please consider there is a postage cost, about the cost of one cup of Star Bucks.
So please think before you sign up.

Out of all Lupus Awareness that others wanted so badly to be a part of, all it took was one person to keep it in their possesion for FOUR MONTHS and ruin it for all.
Yes I am hurt and angry one of our members did this, and never once emailed me privately as if there was a problem LupusWebsite@aol.com
(SEE PREVIOUS ATTEMPTS (POSTS) OF ME TRYING TO COLLECT THE BRACELET & CONTINUE ON WITH THE AWARENESS THEME)

REMINDER....
2 day PRIORITY ENVELOPE $4.75 ANYWHERE IN THE USA REGARDLESS OF WEIGHT
MEDIA MAIL IS SLOW AND YOU ARE CHARGED BY THE WEIGHT
For more information go to www.USPS.com

« Last Edit: January 02, 2009, 11:56:41 am by Adminஐﻬ » Logged

Adminஐﻬ
"Pay It Forward" ஐﻬ
Site Owner

LupusMCTD Founder ஐﻬ

« Reply #42 on: February 21, 2009, 06:44:51 pm »

It's been over one month since I last spoke to Lacy Ann and since she doesn't come to the site anymore, does anyone know where she mailed the bracelet too?
She said she was mailing it the following day and one more month is more than enough time for it to reach ANYONE in the USA.
This sure has screwed up a fun and excited idea.
I am getting asked about it, so anyone reading this, if you have recieved the bracelet from Lacy Ann, please post to the board so we know where it's at so we can figure out on the list who it needs to go to and figure out a new estimated date of arrival.
Thank You! CandleSmilie
NOTE~Remember it is not yours to keep.
This should not be happening and it's so sad it has taken this long when the whole thing should of been over with everyone on that list to have added their charms and mailed it to the next patient by December 1, 2008.
Sadly by October it made it to only 3 people and there is a whole list of patients waiting on this bracelet.
Please let's not keep this bracelet an issue for the 2009 year, the fun is spoiled, it's a matter of returning it to the legal owner, me.

Pages: « 1 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

© Page Contents, Layout, Graphics and Design All Copyrighted by Credited Artists and are Not Public Domain.

LupusMCTD Founder & Patient
Former Domestic Violence SURVIVOR
Kathy A. Patterson

Author of the Upcoming Memoir Book:
"Fighting From The Inside Out"..
A lupus patient fights the beast within her immune system and the beast at home....

e-Booklet filled with photos and videos of what abuse was, signs to look for,
where to turn to for help, and much more to help others like me...

For more information
Call the National Domestic Violence Hotline at 1−800−799−SAFE(7233)

"The Meaning of the Words in the Second Amendment .... "That the people have a right to freedom of speech, and of writing, and publishing their sentiments;"

PRIVACY NOTICE: Warning--any person and/or institution and/or Agent and/or Agency of any governmental structure including but not limited to the United States Federal Government also using or monitoring/using this website or any of its associated websites, you do NOT have my permission to utilize any of my profile information nor any of the content contained herein including, but not limited to my photos, and/ or the comments made about my photo's or any other "picture" art posted on my profile. You are hereby notified that you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing, disseminating, or taking any other action against me with regard to this profile and the contents herein. The foregoing prohibitions also apply to your employee(s), agent(s), student(s) or any personnel under your direction or control. The contents of this profile are private and legally privileged and confidential information, and the violation of my personal privacy is punishable by law
Photobucket
© 2008 LupusMCTD Foundation of America - All Rights Reserved
Est.November 11, 2005
"We Understand What You Are Going Through"™