Welcome To www.LupusMCTD.com
March 28, 2024, 08:38:03 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Nurses Nook  (Read 72062 times)
chiara38
Jr. Seeker of Support

« Reply #60 on: November 21, 2008, 09:53:47 pm »

Hi Katsu>How are you tonight?
I called your phone and left a message. I saw your notes wow> lots of stuff going with you. They must have done a test on your electrolytes when they did your CBC to know if you are dehydrated or not. I am a little tired today. I hope you are resting with your feet elevated like Mommy Tesa said and drinking your fluids. I am sorry youare going through all this crap. Like Holly said go to the ER if anything comes up. I am glad Kim is close to call also. We are way over here.  I am also happy you got a free ham :)I can see the ham bone in one of your soups.
Take good care of yourself Kathy> I am still praying for you>You mean a lot to me. Many hugs and Love> always Clare
Adminஐﻬ
"Pay It Forward" ஐﻬ
Site Owner

LupusMCTD Founder ஐﻬ

« Reply #61 on: November 26, 2008, 12:26:16 pm »

My Endo_______ Dr. just called and told me this about the below blood panels:

Here goes the list:
I'm to take Vitamin B which is Folic Acid 1 mg 3 times a day.
Lipid panels were OK.-come back in 4 months for retest.
Liver is inflammed.(her words were inflammtory is in the liver)
Kidney panel is "borderline". I asked her what she meant by that she said she was just reading the Drs. notes and she is gone till Monday. (DOES ANYONE KNOW???Borderline for what???)
Avoid taking Tylenol. Next week go give blood again, and end of next week call for results on kidney panel.
QUESTION~
My kidneys HURT right now, I generally take Darvocet. But hubby has Vicodin.
Can I take Vicodin or does it have Tyelnol in it?
ALSO~Look at last test results.
Homocysteine 24.8  3.7-13.9 umol/L  Flagged H
What is this Homocysteine???
I know most everyone is gone traveling for the holiday weekend, but if anyone knows any answers, I'd deeply appreciate hearing from you.
Each test coming back is making me sad
And I feel like a dumb$hit for not thinking straight to look up and help myself, yet I can do it for others.~
Hugs,
Kathy

Component ResultsComponent         Your Value Standard Range Flag
LDL-Cholesterol,Dir 54
Reference range: <130
Unit: mg/dL
(Desirable range <100 mg/dL for CHD, Diabetes, or its equivalent)  -     
HDL-Cholesterol,Dir 55
Reference range: >=40
Unit: mg/dL  -     
VLDL-Cholesterol,Dir 22
Reference range: <30
Cholesterol,Sum Total 133
Reference range: <200
Triglyceride,Direct 134
Reference range: <150
Note: Triglycerides may be elevated if patient has not fasted.  -     
total non-hdl chol 76
Reference range: <160
Lp (a) Cholesterol 5.0
Reference range: <10
IDL Cholesterol 7
Reference range: <20
LDL-R (real) -C 42
Reference range: <100
Sum Total LDL-C 54
Reference range: <130
Real LDL Size Pattern A/B
Reference range: A

[______________________][_____*_][______________________]
Pattern B Pattern Pattern A
Small, Dense LDL A/B Large Buoyant LDL  -     
Remnant Lipo 20
Reference range: <30
Due to the presence of additional risk factors, consider lowering
LDL-C goal  -     
Risk No  -     
HDL-2 16
Reference range: >15
HDL-3 39
Reference range: >25
VLDL-3 13
Reference range: <10
Unit: mg/dL  -    H
Total apoB100-Calc 58
Reference range: <109
   General InformationCollected: 11/20/2008 7:07 AM
Resulted: 11/22/2008 4:59 PM
Ordered By:Nirali Patel, MD
Result Status:Final result

CPK 78 21-215 U/L   
Resulted: 11/20/2008 2:09 PM

Component ResultsComponent         Your Value Standard   Range Flag
Homocysteine 24.8                        3.7-13.9 umol/L           H
Resulted: 11/21/2008 2:49 AM

« Last Edit: November 26, 2008, 03:50:41 pm by Adminஐﻬ » Logged

I look normal, as I have an "Invisible Illness". You can not catch it, you can not see it. It's called Lupus.My body is attacking itself on the inside.
www.LupusMCTD.com Represents:
1) We are patients helping researchers build a future for the lives of others...
2) Where HOPE is a WORK In Progress
3) Pay It Forward~Giving Back To The Future Lupus/MCTD Patients
Spudster
Seeker of Support

« Reply #62 on: December 02, 2008, 07:42:13 pm »

HI!!!!!  Sorry have been offline for a while.   new_year Happy Silly Season to all.  Homocystiene levels can be high if you are low in Folic Acid and a couple of other vitamins, which is probably why you have been put on the Folic acid.  How are things going with you otherwise anyway?
Adminஐﻬ
"Pay It Forward" ஐﻬ
Site Owner

LupusMCTD Founder ஐﻬ

« Reply #63 on: December 02, 2008, 08:05:26 pm »

HI!!!!!  Sorry have been offline for a while.   new_year Happy Silly Season to all.  Homocystiene levels can be high if you are low in Folic Acid and a couple of other vitamins, which is probably why you have been put on the Folic acid.  How are things going with you otherwise anyway?
HI SPUDSTER!!!!
Boy you've been missed!
The Folic Acid one mg 3x day is going good.
I have to go for more blood to test my kidneys again and a Creatine <sp> level that was elevated. (Endo Dr. referred to it as a marker)

I've been fighting this cold that is staying at the bottom of my lungs.
Not coughing or sneezing like I was last week. Just at night I really get hacking and then my lungs wheeze.
I have my appetite back, tonight I ate 2 chicken tacos and I could actually taste them! But I poured on the taco sauce so I could taste them.

So how are things with you? Did you graduate and receive your degree paper?
How is your Dad doing? I pray he's better.

Glad to see you back online with us!
Kathy

I look normal, as I have an "Invisible Illness". You can not catch it, you can not see it. It's called Lupus.My body is attacking itself on the inside.
1) We are patients helping researchers build a future for the lives of others...
Spudster
Seeker of Support

« Reply #64 on: December 03, 2008, 01:05:38 am »

Thanks for that, its nice to know I was missed.  My Dad is much better now, has his hip replacement on the 16th of this month.  I recieved my Diploma last week but we dont have our official graduation till February, am just waiting on my Registration then can start working.  Prob lucky actually, have not been well and am quite depressed at the moment.  I will get over it I guess.  I just feel rotten, sad and lonely.  :(  Glad to be back amongst people who understand.  Luv to you all
Adminஐﻬ
"Pay It Forward" ஐﻬ
Site Owner

LupusMCTD Founder ஐﻬ

« Reply #65 on: December 03, 2008, 06:42:12 pm »

Today's blood work results...looking much better!

December 03, 2008 - Welcome, Kathy A WaltersText Size: A  A  A Expand all menu sections Collapse all menu sections Skip over navigation My Health Record Recent Visits Health Summary Immunizations Test Results Health Reminders Results Summary Prescriptions Renew Appointments Upcoming/Cancel Request Messaging Inbox Sent Messages Archive Questions Non-medical Change/Update Password E-mail Address MySutterOnline Contact Us Privacy Statement Terms & Conditions SutterGould.org Menu Top BASIC METABOLIC PANEL W GFR
About This Test

If you have questions or concerns regarding your test results, contact the provider who ordered the test. 

Sodium 139 135-145 mmol/L   
Potassium 3.9 3.5-5.1 mmol/L   
Chloride 102 98-107 mmol/L   
CO2 31 21-32 mmol/L   
Glucose 85 70-100 mg/dL   
BUN 12 7-18.0 mg/dL   
Creatinine 1.1 0.6-1.3 mg/dL   
GFR - Other 56 >60-  mL/min L
GFR-African American >60 >60-  mL/min   
Calcium 9.3 8.5-10.1 mg/dL   
   General InformationCollected: 12/3/2008 7:52 AM
Resulted: 12/3/2008 3:30 PM

Adminஐﻬ
"Pay It Forward" ஐﻬ
Site Owner

LupusMCTD Founder ஐﻬ

« Reply #66 on: December 08, 2008, 02:13:51 pm »

Today I used my Nebulizer for the first time in about 11 months.
I have been sick going on 4 weeks now with a cold that settled in my lungs.
The Albuteral liquid expired back in September I thought it was good to still use. But when I was done, my lungs hurt so frikkin bad.
I don't know if that's because of all the yuck I keep coughing up or because the medicine had expired.

I would just like to hear from someone who knows if it might be the expired med or just because my lungs are so bad.
Thanks!
PS.....I'm trying to avoid going to the Dr. nurse_
I don't have the energy to rip into him about the Cardio hospital experiance I had.
I'd rather go to the ER to an unknown Dr. just get what med(s) I might need to get better and thats it
« Last Edit: December 08, 2008, 02:20:34 pm by Adminஐﻬ » Logged

chiara38
Jr. Seeker of Support

« Reply #67 on: December 08, 2008, 07:47:47 pm »

Hi Katsu>>.
YOU should know better than than to use expired meds>>....Self-diagnosis and treatment can be dangerous. First of all, in the intervening time since originally prescribed, you may have developed a condition (overactive thyroid, diabetes, low potassium, etc.) that reacts badly with albuterol. Next, if your medications have changed since originally prescribed, you may be taking something that adversely interacts. Finally, if you encounter a problem and are non-responsive, your medical history would not anticipate albuterol in your system. You could receive treatment that would not be used if known that you are on Albuterol.
I worry about you Ms. Katsu>>.I am going to drink my tension tamer tea that has gotten cold>>I gave you a call and left a message>>tried reaching Tesa but her cell is unavailable and her home phone is buzzzzzzzzzzzz so I tried>>>no Cigarillo....
many hugs>> love Clare>>

Adminஐﻬ
"Pay It Forward" ஐﻬ
Site Owner

LupusMCTD Founder ஐﻬ

« Reply #68 on: December 08, 2008, 11:33:46 pm »

Hi Katsu>>.
YOU should know better than than to use expired meds>>....Self-diagnosis and treatment can be dangerous. First of all, in the intervening time since originally prescribed, you may have developed a condition (overactive thyroid, diabetes, low potassium, etc.) that reacts badly with albuterol. Next, if your medications have changed since originally prescribed, you may be taking something that adversely interacts. Finally, if you encounter a problem and are non-responsive, your medical history would not anticipate albuterol in your system. You could receive treatment that would not be used if known that you are on Albuterol.
I worry about you Ms. Katsu>>.I am going to drink my tension tamer tea that has gotten cold>>I gave you a call and left a message>>tried reaching Tesa but her cell is unavailable and her home phone is buzzzzzzzzzzzz so I tried>>>no Cigarillo....
many hugs>> love Clare>>

Clare,
I was sleeping, as you found out when you called me. I didn't know if Dave was home or not. It was daylight when I fell asleep and dark when you called.
He heard us talking, then you heard his mouth lol... like a parent telling me "let's go now to the hospital"
I wrote to you Kim, Holly and Tesa to tell you about it. I got a booster shot of antibiotics that starts with the letter "R"...

Bless the Nurses heart she was scared to give it to me as I warned her I have no meat on me.
I dropped my pants told her give it to me on my left cheek. She's telling me "it's going to hurt lift your leg and start moving your toes around in circles".
THen she says "here it goes"... I'm a visual person I wished she wouldn't of said that because I tightened that cheek up real quick which made it hurt!
When I think she's about done, she says "OK here comes the Lidocaine now it's going to sting"
Again I'm wishing she wouldn't tell me. lol

The Dr thinks due to the timing I could of caught this "cold" from my son or in the hospital and my immune system being weak as it was, it's just hanging on. He encouraged me to continue doing what I've been doing, push the fluids, cough up anything I can.
He said I did best by not taking any cough supressants unless it keeps me up at night. I told him I sleep odd hours I wake up twice sometimes three times every night of my life so I don't need cough syrup.

Welll my new phone shows I have a message and when I hit play/stop the lady says I have no new messages. Yet there is a flashing envelope (meaning I have a message)
I'll get this new phone down soon.

Thank you for calling Clare, again I apologise how Dave came off talking like that when I was on the phone with you. He's just been after me so long to go be seen.
I'm stubborn, what can I say.  blsh

Adminஐﻬ
"Pay It Forward" ஐﻬ
Site Owner

LupusMCTD Founder ஐﻬ

« Reply #69 on: December 09, 2008, 01:23:10 pm »

Below is from last night's visit on the injection boost for an antibiotic I received as well as what he prescribed. Has anyone ever taken this oral antibiotic before? If so does it work good?
CLARITHROMYCIN 500 MG

General InformationWhat:Urgent Care Office Visit with Alfred Gaddis, M.D.
When:Monday, Dec 8 2008 7:15 PM
Where:Main Acute Care
Phone:209-550-4777
VitalsBlood Pressure:149/88
Pulse Rate:72
Temperature:96.8
Temp Source:Tympanic
Respirations:18
Weight:110 lb (49.896 kg)
Medications Prescribed During This VisitName Start Date Date Stopped
ALBUTEROL SULFATE HFA 108 MCG/ACT IN AERS 12/08/2008 
ALBUTEROL SULFATE (2.5 MG/3ML) 0.083% IN NEBU 12/08/2008 
CLARITHROMYCIN 500 MG PO TABS 12/08/2008 
OrdersName Type
ADMIN THER/PROPHYLACTIC/DIAG INJ SQ/IM Immunization/Injection
CEFTRIAXONE SOD 250MG *ROCEPHIN INJ Immunization/Injection

chiara38
Jr. Seeker of Support

« Reply #70 on: December 09, 2008, 02:09:57 pm »

Hi Katsu smiley

I looked up the side effects of CLARITHROMYCIN 500mg another name is BIAXIN>>>>Here is the info>>
SIDE EFFECTS

The majority of side effects observed in clinical trials were of a mild and transient nature. Fewer than 3% of adult patients without mycobacterial infections and fewer than 2% of pediatric patients without mycobacterial infections discontinued therapy because of drug-related side effects. Fewer than 2% of adult patients taking BIAXIN XL tablets discontinued therapy because of drug-related side effects.

The most frequently reported events in adults taking BIAXIN tablets (clarithromycin tablets, USP) were diarrhea (3%), nausea (3%), abnormal taste (3%), dyspepsia (2%), abdominal pain/discomfort (2%), and headache (2%). In pediatric patients, the most frequently reported events were diarrhea (6%), vomiting (6%), abdominal pain (3%), rash (3%), and headache (2%). Most of these events were described as mild or moderate in severity. Of the reported adverse events, only 1% was described as severe.

The most frequently reported events in adults taking BIAXIN XL (Clarithromycin extended-release tablets) were diarrhea (6%), abnormal taste (7%), and nausea (3%). Most of these events were described as mild or moderate in severity. Of the reported adverse events, less than 1% were described as severe.

In the acute exacerbation of chronic bronchitis and acute maxillary sinusitis studies overall gastrointestinal adverse events were reported by a similar proportion of patients taking either BIAXIN tablets or BIAXIN XL tablets; however, patients taking BIAXIN XL tablets reported significantly less severe gastrointestinal symptoms compared to patients taking BIAXIN tablets. In addition, patients taking BIAXIN XL tablets had significantly fewer premature discontinuations for drug-related gastrointestinal or abnormal taste adverse events compared to BIAXIN tablets.

In community-acquired pneumonia studies conducted in adults comparing clarithromycin to erythromycin base or erythromycin stearate, there were fewer adverse events involving the digestive system in clarithromycin-treated patients compared to erythromycin-treated patients (13% vs 32%; p < 0.01). Twenty percent of erythromycin-treated patients discontinued therapy due to adverse events compared to 4% of clarithromycin-treated patients.

In two U.S. studies of acute otitis media comparing clarithromycin to amoxicillin/potassium clavulanate in pediatric patients, there were fewer adverse events involving the digestive system in clarithromycin-treated patients compared to amoxicillin/potassium clavulanate-treated patients (21% vs. 40%, p < 0.001). One-third as many clarithromycin-treated patients reported diarrhea as did amoxicillin/potassium clavulanate-treated patients.

Post-Marketing Experience
Allergic reactions ranging from urticaria and mild skin eruptions to rare cases of anaphylaxis, Stevens-Johnson syndrome and toxic epidermal necrolysis have occurred. Other spontaneously reported adverse events include glossitis, stomatitis, oral moniliasis, anorexia, vomiting, pancreatitis, tongue discoloration, thrombocytopenia, leukopenia, neutropenia, and dizziness. There have been reports of tooth discoloration in patients treated with BIAXIN. Tooth discoloration is usually reversible with professional dental cleaning. There have been isolated reports of hearing loss, which is usually reversible, occurring chiefly in elderly women. Reports of alterations of the sense of smell, usually in conjunction with taste perversion or taste loss have also been reported.

Transient CNS events including anxiety, behavioral changes, confusional states, convulsions, depersonalization, disorientation, hallucinations, insomnia, manic behavior, nightmares, psychosis, tinnitus, tremor, and vertigo have been reported during post-marketing surveillance. Events usually resolve with discontinuation of the drug.

Hepatic dysfunction, including increased liver enzymes, and hepatocellular and/or cholestatic hepatitis, with or without jaundice, has been infrequently reported with clarithromycin. This hepatic dysfunction may be severe and is usually reversible. In very rare instances, hepatic failure with fatal outcome has been reported and generally has been associated with serious underlying diseases and/or concomitant medications.

There have been rare reports of hypoglycemia, some of which have occurred in patients taking oral hypoglycemic agents or insulin.

There have been post-marketing reports of BIAXIN XL tablets in the stool, many of which have occurred in patients with anatomic (including ileostomy or colostomy) or functional gastrointestinal disorders with shortened GI transit times.

As with other macrolides, clarithromycin has been associated with QT prolongation and ventricular arrhythmias, including ventricular tachycardia and torsades de pointes.

There have been reports of interstitial nephritis coincident with clarithromycin use.

There have been post-marketing reports of colchicine toxicity with concomitant use of clarithromycin and colchicine, especially in the elderly, some of which occurred in patients with renal insufficiency. Deaths have been reported in some such patients. (See WARNINGS and PRECAUTIONS.)

Changes in Laboratory Values
Changes in laboratory Values with possible were as follows:

Hepatic
elevated SGPT (ALT) < 1%; SGOT (AST) hosphatase < < 1%; GGT LDH < 1%; total bilirubin < 1%

Hematologic
decreased WBC < 1%; elevated prothrombin time

Renal
elevated BUN 4%; elevated serum creatinine < 1%

GGT, alkaline phosphatase, and prothrombin time data are from adult studies only.

DRUG INTERACTIONS
Clarithromycin use in patients who are receiving theophylline may be associated with an increase of serum theophylline concentrations. Monitoring of serum theophylline concentrations should be considered for patients receiving high doses of theophylline or with baseline concentrations in the upper therapeutic range. In two studies in which theophylline was administered with clarithromycin (a theophylline sustained-release formulation was dosed at either 6.5 mg/kg or 12 mg/kg together with 250 or 500 mg q12h clarithromycin), the steady-state levels of Cmax, Cmin, and the area under the serum concentration time curve (AUC) of theophylline increased about 20%.

Concomitant administration of single doses of clarithromycin and carbamazepine has been shown to result in increased plasma concentrations of carbamazepine. Blood level monitoring of carbamazepine may be considered.

When clarithromycin and terfenadine were coadministered, plasma concentrations of the active acid metabolite of terfenadine were threefold higher, on average, than the values observed when terfenadine was administered alone. The pharmacokinetics of clarithromycin and the 14-hydroxy-clarithromycin were not significantly affected by coadministration of terfenadine once clarithromycin reached steady-state conditions. Concomitant administration of clarithromycin with terfenadine is contraindicated. (See CONTRAINDICATIONS.)

Clarithromycin 500 mg every 8 hours was given in combination with omeprazole 40 mg daily to healthy adult subjects. The steady-state plasma concentrations of omeprazole were increased (Cmax, AUC0-24, and T˝ increases of 30%, 89%, and 34%, respectively), by the concomitant administration of clarithromycin. The mean 24-hour gastric pH value was 5.2 when omeprazole was administered alone and 5.7 when coadministered with clarithromycin.

Coadministration of clarithromycin with ranitidine bismuth citrate resulted in increased plasma ranitidine concentrations (57%), increased plasma bismuth trough concentrations (48%), and increased 14-hydroxy-clarithromycin plasma concentrations (31%). These effects are clinically insignificant.

Simultaneous oral administration of BIAXIN tablets and zidovudine to HIV-infected adult patients resulted in decreased steady-state zidovudine concentrations. When 500 mg of clarithromycin were administered twice daily, steady-state zidovudine AUC was reduced by a mean of 12% (n = 4). Individual values ranged from a decrease of 34% to an increase of 14%. Based on limited data in 24 patients, when BIAXIN tablets were administered two to four hours prior to oral zidovudine, the steady-state zidovudine Cmax was increased by approximately 2-fold, whereas the AUC was unaffected.

Simultaneous administration of BIAXIN tablets and didanosine to 12 HIV-infected adult patients resulted in no statistically significant change in didanosine pharmacokinetics.

Concomitant administration of fluconazole 200 mg daily and clarithromycin 500 mg twice daily to 21 healthy volunteers led to increases in the mean steady-state clarithromycin Cmin and AUC of 33% and 18%, respectively. Steady-state concentrations of 14-OH clarithromycin were not significantly affected by concomitant administration of fluconazole.

Concomitant administration of clarithromycin and ritonavir (n = 22) resulted in a 77% increase in clarithromycin AUC and a 100% decrease in the AUC of 14-OH clarithromycin. Clarithromycin may be administered without dosage adjustment to patients with normal renal function taking ritonavir. However, for patients with renal impairment, the following dosage adjustments should be considered. For patients with CLCR 30 to 60 mL/min, the dose of clarithromycin should be reduced by 50%. For patients with CLCR < 30 mL/min, the dose of clarithromycin should be decreased by 75%.

Spontaneous reports in the post-marketing period suggest that concomitant administration of clarithromycin and oral anticoagulants may potentiate the effects of the oral anticoagulants. Prothrombin times should be carefully monitored while patients are receiving clarithromycin and oral anticoagulants simultaneously.

Elevated digoxin serum concentrations in patients receiving clarithromycin and digoxin concomitantly have also been reported in post-marketing surveillance. Some patients have shown clinical signs consistent with digoxin toxicity, including potentially fatal arrhythmias. Serum digoxin concentrations should be carefully monitored while patients are receiving digoxin and clarithromycin simultaneously.

Colchicine is a substrate for both CYP3A and the efflux transporter, P-glycoprotein (Pgp). Clarithromycin and other macrolides are known to inhibit CYP3A and Pgp. When clarithromycin and colchicine are administered together, inhibition of Pgp and/or CYP3A by clarithromycin may lead to increased exposure to colchicine. Patients should be monitored for clinical symptoms of colchicine toxicity. (See WARNINGS.)

Erythromycin and clarithromycin are substrates and inhibitors of the 3A isoform subfamily of the cytochrome P450 enzyme system (CYP3A). Coadministration of erythromycin or clarithromycin and a drug primarily metabolized by CYP3A may be associated with elevations in drug concentrations that could increase or prolong both the therapeutic and adverse effects of the concomitant drug. Dosage adjustments may be considered, and when possible, serum concentrations of drugs primarily metabolized by CYP3A should be monitored closely in patients concurrently receiving clarithromycin or erythromycin.

The following are examples of some clinically significant CYP3A based drug interactions. Interactions with other drugs metabolized by the CYP3A isoform are also possible. Increased serum concentrations of carbamazepine and the active acid metabolite of terfenadine were observed in clinical trials with clarithromycin.

The following CYP3A based drug interactions have been observed with erythromycin products and/or with clarithromycin in post-marketing experience:

Antiarrhythmics
There have been post-marketing reports of torsades de pointes occurring with concurrent use of clarithromycin and quinidine or disopyramide. Electrocardiograms should be monitored for QTc prolongation during coadministration of clarithromycin with these drugs. Serum concentrations of these medications should also be monitored.

Ergotamine/Dihydroergotamine
Post-marketing reports indicate that coadministration of clarithromycin with ergotamine or dihydroergotamine has been associated with acute ergot toxicity characterized by vasospasm and ischemia of the extremities and other tissues including the central nervous system. Concomitant administration of clarithromycin with ergotamine or dihydroergotamine is contraindicated (see CONTRAINDICATIONS).

Triazolobenziodidiazepines (Such as Triazolam and Alprazolam) and Related Benzodiazepines (Such as Midazolam)
Erythromycin has been reported to decrease the clearance of triazolam and midazolam, and thus, may increase the pharmacologic effect of these benzodiazepines. There have been post-marketing reports of drug interactions and CNS effects (e.g., somnolence and confusion) with the concomitant use of clarithromycin and triazolam.

HMG-CoA Reductase Inhibitors
As with other macrolides, clarithromycin has been reported to increase concentrations of HMG-CoA reductase inhibitors (e.g., lovastatin and simvastatin). Rare reports of rhabdomyolysis have been reported in patients taking these drugs concomitantly.

Sildenafil (Viagra)
Erythromycin has been reported to increase the systemic exposure (AUC) of sildenafil. A similar interaction may occur with clarithromycin; reduction of sildenafil dosage should be considered. (See Viagra package insert.)

There have been spontaneous or published reports of CYP3A based interactions of erythromycin and/or clarithromycin with cyclosporine, carbamazepine, tacrolimus, alfentanil, disopyramide, rifabutin, quinidine, methylprednisolone, cilostazol, and bromocriptine.

Concomitant administration of clarithromycin with cisapride, pimozide, astemizole, or terfenadine is contraindicated (see CONTRAINDICATIONS.)

In addition, there have been reports of interactions of erythromycin or clarithromycin with drugs not thought to be metabolized by CYP3A, including hexobarbital, phenytoin, and valproate.
Adminஐﻬ
"Pay It Forward" ஐﻬ
Site Owner

LupusMCTD Founder ஐﻬ

« Reply #71 on: December 09, 2008, 03:15:14 pm »

Concomitant administration of single doses of clarithromycin and carbamazepine has been shown to result in increased plasma concentrations of carbamazepine. Blood level monitoring of carbamazepine may be considered.
Thank you Miss Clare   hppygrlmil
I take Carbazepine (Tegratol) for my grand mal seizures. I want this antibiotic to do it's job and hope there will be no problem.

Adminஐﻬ
"Pay It Forward" ஐﻬ
Site Owner

LupusMCTD Founder ஐﻬ

« Reply #72 on: February 13, 2009, 11:40:23 pm »

Since I have been at the hospital my mouth was burning as well as I had chapped lips.
I had Dave pick me up some CarMex lip balm but it bunred my lips even worse.

When I spoke on the phone to my Drs nurse this week I told her about my mouth burns and everything I use a metal fork, spoon or drink out of a can using a straw I taste metal.
She said "you'll have to contact your Cardiologist who put you on the new medicines"
(Pretty bad my own Dr doesn't or won't see me for this.)

I noticed certain foods tastes different (spicy really burns inside my mouth) Today I went to eat a Brownie and it was like eating mustard or a pickle. All my saliva glands were going wild as soon as I would take a bite.
I said screw it and didn't even really eat today because I am so tired of something else weird and new happening to me.

Now I can only be comfortable if I drink bottled water only and eat all my meals using a plastic fork or spoon.

QUESTION.... does anyone else have a problem like this? If so what is it from and what did you do for relief till it went away.
Thanks!
Kathy

Adminஐﻬ
"Pay It Forward" ஐﻬ
Site Owner

LupusMCTD Founder ஐﻬ

« Reply #73 on: May 21, 2009, 02:16:19 pm »

Two of three tests performed yesterday on Kathy (Admin)
Anyone know anything on these results that I should be aware of?
Do I have an infection?
Thanks,
Kathy

Component         Your Value Standard Range Flag
Collection Type Clean Catch     
Urine Color Yellow     
Urine Appearance Clear     
Urine Specific Gravity 1.021 1.003-1.035     
Urine pH 5.5 5.0-8.0     
Urine Leukocyte Esterase Neg Neg-     
Urine Nitrites Neg Neg-     
Urine Protein Trace Neg-    A
Urine Glucose Neg Neg-     
Urine Ketones Neg Neg-     
Urine Urobilinogen 2 0.1-1.0 EU/dL H
Urine Bilirubin Neg Neg-     
Urine Red Blood Cells Small Neg-    A
Urine White Blood Cells 1 0.0-5.0 /(hpf)   
Urine Red Blood Cells 2 0.0-2.0 /(hpf)   
Urine Epithelial Cells 21 Squamous epithelial     
Urine Casts 10-25 Hyaline     
Urine Mucous Rare

Component         Your Value Standard Range Flag
Sodium 137 136-145 mmol/L   
Potassium 3.8 3.5-5.1 mmol/L   
Chloride 102 98-107 mmol/L   
CO2 30 21-32 mmol/L   
Anion Gap 8.4 10-20 mmol/L L
Glucose 101 70-100 mg/dL H
BUN 6 6-25 mg/dL   
CREATININE 1.2 0.6-1.0 mg/dL H
GFR - Other 51 >60-  mL/min L
GFR-African American >60 >60-  mL/min   
  Estimated Glomerular Filtration Rate values are calculated by
MDRD equation and are valid only if creatinine level is stable.
GFRs are most accurate for results 60 ml/min/1.73 m2 or less.
Reference: www.nkdep.nih.gov/professionals/index.htm
Calcium 8.6 8.2-10.2 mg/dL   

3sisters
Lupus patient with overlapping accessories
Newsletter Editor

« Reply #74 on: May 21, 2009, 08:28:01 pm »

Hey Kathy, here's an easy to understand link for lay people regarding your urinalysis results. I hope that it helps you understand your urine test results:

http://www.irvingcrowley.com/cls/urin.htm

Your creatinine is high and GFR is low. Something's still up with your kidneys.  Will you be refered out to a nephrologist for further investigation???? LMK

Gentle Huggles,
Kim

Living with NP-SLE/ MCTD and MS. Powered by the Indigenous 7th Sense and lots of meds... Living with an invisible illness sucks. But living with an UN-diagnosed and UN-treated illness REALLY sucks.
"Where HOPE is a Work in Progress™"
Adminஐﻬ
"Pay It Forward" ஐﻬ
Site Owner

LupusMCTD Founder ஐﻬ

« Reply #75 on: May 22, 2009, 01:58:33 am »

Hey Kathy, here's an easy to understand link for lay people regarding your urinalysis results. I hope that it helps you understand your urine test results:

http://www.irvingcrowley.com/cls/urin.htm

Your creatinine is high and GFR is low. Something's still up with your kidneys.  Will you be refered out to a nephrologist for further investigation???? LMK

Gentle Huggles,
Kim

After I posted this they called said to increase my fluids I a tad dehydrated, no bacteria infection.
Thanks for the link!

Adminஐﻬ
"Pay It Forward" ஐﻬ
Site Owner

LupusMCTD Founder ஐﻬ

« Reply #76 on: May 23, 2009, 08:07:28 am »

Adminஐﻬ
"Pay It Forward" ஐﻬ
Site Owner

LupusMCTD Founder ஐﻬ

« Reply #77 on: June 06, 2009, 10:05:59 am »

Adminஐﻬ
"Pay It Forward" ஐﻬ
Site Owner

LupusMCTD Founder ஐﻬ

« Reply #78 on: June 27, 2009, 01:20:37 am »

Tips for Maximum Sunblocking

Lupus patients & sun protection:

Choose a sunscreen with an SPF of 60 or higher
Avoid the sun between 10 a.m. and 3 p.m.
Wear a wide-brimmed hat
Use Rit Sun Guard, a UV protectant added to the washing machine, to increase the protection of clothes from SPF 5 to SPF 30
Use moisturizers and liquid foundations with an SPF for base protection
Consider wearing clothing with SPF such as Coolibar and Solumbra
Use an umbrella when possible

Adminஐﻬ
"Pay It Forward" ஐﻬ
Site Owner

LupusMCTD Founder ஐﻬ

« Reply #79 on: August 28, 2009, 12:24:12 pm »

Where I've been this week...
My arm started hurting while posting indiviual happy weekend pictures on Ning to the members. I figured it would be easier on my arm if I just posted it once so I could be on computer longer.

The link below will take you to My Space with pics that tell a story about me.
If you are new and don't know me, lol I am a story teller with pictures. To me, I can understand a story better if I see pictures.
If you are eating, please DO NOT look at pictures.
(They could be worse but some of you might have a real quesy tummy)

I like to tell stories as to help anyone who might be reading, pictures don't take as long to go through than reading a whole story.
So, there ya go.
Reading material for Friday  smiliereading
http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.ListAll&friendId=87311948

Pages: « 1 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

© Page Contents, Layout, Graphics and Design All Copyrighted by Credited Artists and are Not Public Domain.

LupusMCTD Founder & Patient
Former Domestic Violence SURVIVOR
Kathy A. Patterson

Author of the Upcoming Memoir Book:
"Fighting From The Inside Out"..
A lupus patient fights the beast within her immune system and the beast at home....

e-Booklet filled with photos and videos of what abuse was, signs to look for,
where to turn to for help, and much more to help others like me...

For more information
Call the National Domestic Violence Hotline at 1−800−799−SAFE(7233)

"The Meaning of the Words in the Second Amendment .... "That the people have a right to freedom of speech, and of writing, and publishing their sentiments;"

PRIVACY NOTICE: Warning--any person and/or institution and/or Agent and/or Agency of any governmental structure including but not limited to the United States Federal Government also using or monitoring/using this website or any of its associated websites, you do NOT have my permission to utilize any of my profile information nor any of the content contained herein including, but not limited to my photos, and/ or the comments made about my photo's or any other "picture" art posted on my profile. You are hereby notified that you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing, disseminating, or taking any other action against me with regard to this profile and the contents herein. The foregoing prohibitions also apply to your employee(s), agent(s), student(s) or any personnel under your direction or control. The contents of this profile are private and legally privileged and confidential information, and the violation of my personal privacy is punishable by law
Photobucket
© 2008 LupusMCTD Foundation of America - All Rights Reserved
Est.November 11, 2005
"We Understand What You Are Going Through"™