Welcome To www.LupusMCTD.com
April 19, 2024, 01:03:20 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cephalon's New Product Launches Pace Record 2008 Sales  (Read 3821 times)
Adminஐﻬ
"Pay It Forward" ஐﻬ
Site Owner

LupusMCTD Founder ஐﻬ

« on: February 13, 2009, 12:05:04 pm »

Cephalon's New Product Launches Pace Record 2008 Sales

Company Reiterates 2009 Earnings Guidance and Introduces Q1 2009 Guidance

FRAZER, Pa., Feb. 13, 2009 -- Cephalon, Inc. (Nasdaq: CEPH) today reported 2008 sales of $1.943 billion, compared to sales of $1.727 billion for 2007, exceeding the company's previously issued guidance. Basic income per common share for the full year 2008 was $3.27. Excluding amortization expense and certain other items, basic adjusted income per common share for the full year was $5.39, compared to $4.60 for 2007 and exceeds the high end of the company's earnings guidance range of $5.20 to $5.30.

Central nervous system (CNS) franchise sales for 2008 increased 15 percent compared to 2007 to $1.049 billion. Pain franchise sales declined to $501.2 million from $512.6 million in 2007 due primarily to generic competition for ACTIQ(R) (oral transmucosal fentanyl citrate) [C-II]. AMRIX(R) (cyclobenzaprine hydrochloride extended-release capsules) sales continued to ramp up with an increase of 28 percent over the third quarter of 2008. Oncology sales were $185.6 million, an increase of 100 percent over 2007 driven by the launch of TREANDA(R) (bendamustine hydrochloride) for Injection. Sales of other products were $207.6 million compared to $212.4 million for 2007.

"The growth of AMRIX and the launch of TREANDA helped 2008 sales achieve a new record for the company," said Frank Baldino, Jr., Ph.D., Chairman and CEO. "As pleased as I am with our performance in 2008, I am even more excited about our new opportunities in the field of inflammatory diseases. Recently we announced a number of deals including the worldwide license for the drug candidate LUPUZORTM, for the treatment of systemic lupus erythematosus and the option to acquire Ception Therapeutics including its drug candidate reslizumab for eosinophilic esophagitis. Our ability to move quickly when opportunities present themselves coupled with our internal pipeline positions Cephalon favorably for future growth."

The company is reiterating its guidance for 2009 total sales of $2.175 - $2.225 billion, adjusted net income of $452 - $459 million and its basic adjusted income per common share guidance of $6.50 - $6.60.

Cephalon is introducing first quarter 2009 sales guidance of $510 - $530 million, adjusted net income guidance of $89.7 - $96.6 million and basic adjusted income per common share guidance of $1.30 - $1.40.

Basic adjusted income per common share guidance for both the first quarter 2009 and full-year 2009 is reconciled below and is subject to the assumptions set forth therein.

Cephalon's management will discuss the company's fourth quarter and full year 2008 performance in a conference call with investors beginning at 5:00 p.m. U.S. EST on Thursday, February 12, 2009. To participate in the conference call, dial +1-913-661-9178 and refer to conference code number 9540364. Investors can listen to the call live by logging on to the company's website at www.cephalon.com and clicking on "Investor Information," then "Webcast." The conference call will be archived and available to investors for one week after the call.

About Cephalon, Inc.

Founded in 1987, Cephalon, Inc. is an international biopharmaceutical company dedicated to the discovery, development and commercialization of many unique products in three core therapeutic areas: central nervous system, pain, and oncology. A member of the Fortune 1000 and the S&P 500 Index, Cephalon currently employs approximately 3,000 people in the United States and Europe. U.S. sites include the company's headquarters in Frazer, Pennsylvania, and offices, laboratories or manufacturing facilities in West Chester, Pennsylvania, Salt Lake City, Utah, and suburban Minneapolis, Minnesota. The company's European headquarters are located in Maisons-Alfort, France.

The company's proprietary products in the United States include: AMRIX, TREANDA, FENTORA(R) (fentanyl buccal tablet) [C-II], PROVIGIL(R) (modafinil) Tablets [C-IV], TRISENOX(R) (arsenic trioxide) injection, GABITRIL(R) (tiagabine hydrochloride), NUVIGIL(R) (armodafinil) Tablets [C-IV] and ACTIQ. The company also markets numerous products internationally. Full prescribing information on its U.S. products is available at http://www.cephalon.com or by calling 1-800-896-5855.

SOURCE:PRNewswire-FirstCall

I look normal, as I have an "Invisible Illness". You can not catch it, you can not see it. It's called Lupus.My body is attacking itself on the inside.
www.LupusMCTD.com Represents:
1) We are patients helping researchers build a future for the lives of others...
2) Where HOPE is a WORK In Progress
3) Pay It Forward~Giving Back To The Future Lupus/MCTD Patients
Adminஐﻬ
"Pay It Forward" ஐﻬ
Site Owner

LupusMCTD Founder ஐﻬ

« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2009, 12:14:19 pm »

ImmuPharma's compound

Lupuzor™ (previously known as IPP-201101) has a novel mechanism of action aimed at modulating the body’s immune system so it does not attack healthy cells without causing adverse side effects. It has the potential to halt the progression of the disease in a substantial proportion of patients.

http://www.immupharma.com/lupus.html

I look normal, as I have an "Invisible Illness". You can not catch it, you can not see it. It's called Lupus.My body is attacking itself on the inside.
www.LupusMCTD.com Represents:
1) We are patients helping researchers build a future for the lives of others...
2) Where HOPE is a WORK In Progress
3) Pay It Forward~Giving Back To The Future Lupus/MCTD Patients
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

© Page Contents, Layout, Graphics and Design All Copyrighted by Credited Artists and are Not Public Domain.

LupusMCTD Founder & Patient
Former Domestic Violence SURVIVOR
Kathy A. Patterson

Author of the Upcoming Memoir Book:
"Fighting From The Inside Out"..
A lupus patient fights the beast within her immune system and the beast at home....

e-Booklet filled with photos and videos of what abuse was, signs to look for,
where to turn to for help, and much more to help others like me...

For more information
Call the National Domestic Violence Hotline at 1−800−799−SAFE(7233)

"The Meaning of the Words in the Second Amendment .... "That the people have a right to freedom of speech, and of writing, and publishing their sentiments;"

PRIVACY NOTICE: Warning--any person and/or institution and/or Agent and/or Agency of any governmental structure including but not limited to the United States Federal Government also using or monitoring/using this website or any of its associated websites, you do NOT have my permission to utilize any of my profile information nor any of the content contained herein including, but not limited to my photos, and/ or the comments made about my photo's or any other "picture" art posted on my profile. You are hereby notified that you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing, disseminating, or taking any other action against me with regard to this profile and the contents herein. The foregoing prohibitions also apply to your employee(s), agent(s), student(s) or any personnel under your direction or control. The contents of this profile are private and legally privileged and confidential information, and the violation of my personal privacy is punishable by law
Photobucket
© 2008 LupusMCTD Foundation of America - All Rights Reserved
Est.November 11, 2005
"We Understand What You Are Going Through"™