Welcome To www.LupusMCTD.com
March 28, 2024, 04:11:04 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Press Releases  (Read 8408 times)
Adminஐﻬ
"Pay It Forward" ஐﻬ
Site Owner

LupusMCTD Founder ஐﻬ

« on: March 20, 2009, 05:16:47 pm »

http://www.24-7pressrelease.com/press-release/lupusmctd-now-reaches-patients-via-radio-92548.php

« Last Edit: March 20, 2009, 05:49:08 pm by Adminஐﻬ » Logged

I look normal, as I have an "Invisible Illness". You can not catch it, you can not see it. It's called Lupus.My body is attacking itself on the inside.
www.LupusMCTD.com Represents:
1) We are patients helping researchers build a future for the lives of others...
2) Where HOPE is a WORK In Progress
3) Pay It Forward~Giving Back To The Future Lupus/MCTD Patients
Adminஐﻬ
"Pay It Forward" ஐﻬ
Site Owner

LupusMCTD Founder ஐﻬ

« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2009, 12:10:39 pm »

Second Annual Picnic in the Park

http://www.24-7pressrelease.com/pdf/2009/03/30/press_release_94059.pdf

I look normal, as I have an "Invisible Illness". You can not catch it, you can not see it. It's called Lupus.My body is attacking itself on the inside.
1) We are patients helping researchers build a future for the lives of others...
Adminஐﻬ
"Pay It Forward" ஐﻬ
Site Owner

LupusMCTD Founder ஐﻬ

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2009, 01:43:49 pm »

THANK YOU to "Marin2008" who submitted my press release to PR-Canada
http://pr-canada.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=88414&Itemid=65

http://pr-canada.net/index.php?searchword=lupusmctd&option=com_search&Itemid=38

Second Annual Patients Picnic in the Park at Micke Grove Park      
Posted by marin2008   
Wednesday, 01 April 2009
Most of us have heard of conditions such as rheumatoid arthritis, psoriasis, lupus, and Type 1 Diabetes. They are just some of the common types of autoimmune diseases. Autoimmunity is present to some degree in all of us, usually it's quite harmless. However, when this condition becomes active, it can cause a broad range of illnesses.

About 50 million Americans, most of whom are women of childbearing ages, suffer from autoimmune conditions. Beginning symptoms may be general; such as fatigue, low-grade fever, skin rash and difficulty concentrating. Often, these conditions are construed as being psychological rather than physiological.

Kathy Walters of Modesto has lived with lupus for more than 30 years. Her condition was misunderstood by family and friends, and often misdiagnosed by physicians. Tired of being unable to share her problems with others with similar conditions, Mrs. Walters decided to organize an online support group for individuals who suffer from any type of autoimmune disease. Thus http://www.LupusMCTD.com was born in 2005.

The online group meets at any hour 7 days a week. 24 hours a day. After three years, they have almost 800 people who come seeking a little understanding with others who share similar problems. They invite anyone who wishes to come share their feelings or just sit and listen.

Many have been a part of these group postings for over a year and finds the support and understanding from the group to be most rewarding. "Mrs. Walters should be commended for starting a program like this. It really helps to be able to talk with people who understand how I feel,"

Walters said, "The symptoms of autoimmune disease should not be taken lightly, regardless what your friends think, what co-workers say or family. Find a physician who understands. It can affect your eyes, heart, legs, skin, cause hair loss and affect all major organs. Treatment involves everything from multiple medications to chemo, and most everything in between. It's also important to understand that autoimmune diseases are hereditary, and not communicable."

"There's a lot of depression associated with autoimmune diseases along with Fibromyalgia," Walters said. "It's only natural to feel confused and isolated when a cure is nearly impossible to find"

Anyone wishing to become a part of this group or any Physicians or Nurses would like to attend, our second annual Patients Picnic in The Park will be held on May 3,2009 at 11:00 AM @ Micke Grove Park in Lodi, CA. Potluck style picnic.

Call (209) 524-4680 or email LupusWebsite@aol.comThis e-mail address is being protected from spam bots, you need JavaScript enabled to view it to confirm your attendance. Booklets will be given out, prizes, questions answered and shared, friendships form. This is our second annual as we are striving to make this worldwide awareness.

Kathy has expanded her vision by now offering a weekly radio show on Blog Talk Radio.

About Lupus MCTD

http://www.LupusMCTD.com founded in 2005 as a peer-to-peer endeavor run entirely by volunteers -- patients who are dedicated to providing information and support to people interested in Lupus and Mixed Connective Tissue Disorders.

LupusMCTD Foundation is financially supported solely by individuals who have personally experienced or witnessed through the site what giving can do to make awareness more available to the unknown conditions that are often hidden and called "Invisable Illnesses".

http://www.LupusMCTD.com does not accept corporate contributions from any industry. None of the people involved in this effort receive a salary or other compensation. The Foundation's mission is to provide information for patients, practitioners and the general public about this important, most often overlooked illnesses.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2009, 01:45:56 pm by Adminஐﻬ » Logged

Adminஐﻬ
"Pay It Forward" ஐﻬ
Site Owner

LupusMCTD Founder ஐﻬ

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2009, 04:11:21 pm »

UPDATED PRESS RELEASES
Includes Dr. Shapiro's office being in attendance

http://www.24-7pressrelease.com/press-release/second-annual-patients-picnic-in-the-park-at-micke-grove-park-96269.php

Adminஐﻬ
"Pay It Forward" ஐﻬ
Site Owner

LupusMCTD Founder ஐﻬ

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2009, 06:41:33 pm »

lol... I'm not sure what language or country this is from but it picked up on one of my press releases
http://www.ozelwebtasarim.com/index.php/web-haberleri/3394-mecfs-a-fibromyalgia-around-the-web

Scroll down about half way till you see Patients in the Park Picnic..
Does anyone have a clue what language this site is in?
Whoever they are THANK YOU  for posting us! 2funny

Adminஐﻬ
"Pay It Forward" ஐﻬ
Site Owner

LupusMCTD Founder ஐﻬ

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2010, 07:47:03 am »

http://www.thelupusmagazine.com/z-meet-someone-lupus.html

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

© Page Contents, Layout, Graphics and Design All Copyrighted by Credited Artists and are Not Public Domain.

LupusMCTD Founder & Patient
Former Domestic Violence SURVIVOR
Kathy A. Patterson

Author of the Upcoming Memoir Book:
"Fighting From The Inside Out"..
A lupus patient fights the beast within her immune system and the beast at home....

e-Booklet filled with photos and videos of what abuse was, signs to look for,
where to turn to for help, and much more to help others like me...

For more information
Call the National Domestic Violence Hotline at 1−800−799−SAFE(7233)

"The Meaning of the Words in the Second Amendment .... "That the people have a right to freedom of speech, and of writing, and publishing their sentiments;"

PRIVACY NOTICE: Warning--any person and/or institution and/or Agent and/or Agency of any governmental structure including but not limited to the United States Federal Government also using or monitoring/using this website or any of its associated websites, you do NOT have my permission to utilize any of my profile information nor any of the content contained herein including, but not limited to my photos, and/ or the comments made about my photo's or any other "picture" art posted on my profile. You are hereby notified that you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing, disseminating, or taking any other action against me with regard to this profile and the contents herein. The foregoing prohibitions also apply to your employee(s), agent(s), student(s) or any personnel under your direction or control. The contents of this profile are private and legally privileged and confidential information, and the violation of my personal privacy is punishable by law
Photobucket
© 2008 LupusMCTD Foundation of America - All Rights Reserved
Est.November 11, 2005
"We Understand What You Are Going Through"™