Welcome To www.LupusMCTD.com
April 19, 2024, 10:31:10 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Helpful Tips  (Read 4960 times)
Adminஐﻬ
"Pay It Forward" ஐﻬ
Site Owner

LupusMCTD Founder ஐﻬ

« on: September 21, 2009, 08:53:47 am »

Keep fingers and toes warm during the cold weather

Monday September 21 2009

Are your fingers and toes beginning to feel the cold? Could this be a sign of something serious? Cold air makes blood vessels contract, decreasing blood flow to your extremities. The vast majority of people who complain about cold fingers and toes don't have an underlying condition. But their chill can signal low thyroid hormone or Raynaud's disease, a blood-vessel disorder.

Fingers and toes can also feel cold if you have anaemia, diabetes, arthritis, or take certain blood-pressure medications. Caffeine may play a role, too.

Keep the core of your body warm. Dress in layers and wear a hat and mittens instead of gloves.

On average, men have a larger body mass, which accounts for their greater inner warmth.

Good tips on how to spread heat and save on bills include:
  • Leave bath full of water until you've finished in the bathroom: you've paid to heat the water, now let the water heat the bathroom.

• After taking food out of the oven and switching it off, leave the door open to release heat.

• Put clothes, shoes and coats in the hot press overnight.

• If you happen to boil too much water for a hot drink, use the rest for a hot water bottle.

• A hot mug of tea or coffee acts as a great hand warmer.

• It might feel like a cigarette is warming you up, but in fact it has been proved that smoking can reduce the body's temperature.

• Have plenty of small meals and hot drinks.

• Start the day with a bowl of hot oatmeal or try your cereal with warm milk.

• Also try to have a hot meal at midday. Bread, milk, meat, fish, eggs and beans or pulses are all good sources of energy.

• Ankle boots keep you warmer than shoes, boots keep you warmer than ankle boots.

• Red glow fires are more effective than white heaters.

I look normal, as I have an "Invisible Illness". You can not catch it, you can not see it. It's called Lupus.My body is attacking itself on the inside.
www.LupusMCTD.com Represents:
1) We are patients helping researchers build a future for the lives of others...
2) Where HOPE is a WORK In Progress
3) Pay It Forward~Giving Back To The Future Lupus/MCTD Patients
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

© Page Contents, Layout, Graphics and Design All Copyrighted by Credited Artists and are Not Public Domain.

LupusMCTD Founder & Patient
Former Domestic Violence SURVIVOR
Kathy A. Patterson

Author of the Upcoming Memoir Book:
"Fighting From The Inside Out"..
A lupus patient fights the beast within her immune system and the beast at home....

e-Booklet filled with photos and videos of what abuse was, signs to look for,
where to turn to for help, and much more to help others like me...

For more information
Call the National Domestic Violence Hotline at 1−800−799−SAFE(7233)

"The Meaning of the Words in the Second Amendment .... "That the people have a right to freedom of speech, and of writing, and publishing their sentiments;"

PRIVACY NOTICE: Warning--any person and/or institution and/or Agent and/or Agency of any governmental structure including but not limited to the United States Federal Government also using or monitoring/using this website or any of its associated websites, you do NOT have my permission to utilize any of my profile information nor any of the content contained herein including, but not limited to my photos, and/ or the comments made about my photo's or any other "picture" art posted on my profile. You are hereby notified that you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing, disseminating, or taking any other action against me with regard to this profile and the contents herein. The foregoing prohibitions also apply to your employee(s), agent(s), student(s) or any personnel under your direction or control. The contents of this profile are private and legally privileged and confidential information, and the violation of my personal privacy is punishable by law
Photobucket
© 2008 LupusMCTD Foundation of America - All Rights Reserved
Est.November 11, 2005
"We Understand What You Are Going Through"™