Welcome To www.LupusMCTD.com
March 28, 2024, 06:27:48 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: the last person to post here wins  (Read 657158 times)
fleamailman
Hero Supporter

« Reply #120 on: July 21, 2010, 03:49:27 am »

("...not to think about it, one mustn't post here for any other reason other than one feels like doing so, otherwise it just becomes an empty obligation where the real point of this is that "journey to self"..." replied the goblin who was selfish to the core but what one saw of him was honest enough)

repost from elsewhere

"There really is no one right religion. It's simply whatever you believe in that's right." pointed out the vampire pixie faerie. "Besides, if it wasn't for God, then none of this would be here."

"...so all of this has to be god then, because where is not god where god is everywhere, so for me the question is simply "can I make god out amongst all this" and not box him into some external religion, practicing stuff that makes no sense simply to appease because either "it is written" somewhere, or that "our religion has always been done in this way" dogma..." mentioned the goblin, adding "...belief should not become the excuse for not finding out now..."

Religion ala Eddie Izzard

"...ah, signs of life..." said the goblin feeling that if that there was one thing the humans did well, it was "greed" but little did they know that they were dealing with a black-belt "last post" poster, "...post at your peril humans..." he softly warned them without him even reaching across to his coffee, he was fast
fleamailman
Hero Supporter

« Reply #121 on: August 02, 2010, 11:19:27 pm »

repost from elsewhere

wins what?

"...well one wins whatever one puts into ones posts I suppose..." replied the goblin now knowing how writers took great care over what they posted for two reasons, first for the chance it gave them to get their ideas right to themselves, and second, for the chance it offered to pull readers towards their writings, while feeding off replies too, adding "...where now that other ludicrous idea of somehow becoming the last poster here is a serious no no, so best not think about it even for writers can type with a vengeance where utter folly is concerned..."

« Last Edit: October 16, 2010, 03:50:37 am by fleamailman » Logged

"...ah, signs of life..." said the goblin feeling that if that there was one thing the humans did well, it was "greed" but little did they know that they were dealing with a black-belt "last post" poster, "...post at your peril humans..." he softly warned them without him even reaching across to his coffee, he was fast
fleamailman
Hero Supporter

« Reply #122 on: August 02, 2010, 11:23:10 pm »

I don't know how to post in the way you are writing.

"...think of a victorian journal then, or one of those musical jam sessions, where you either join in the topic directly or contributes something you feel others would appreciate now, or even something you feel should be related anyway, where adding pictures, writing in third person, or anything else for that matter is just optional here..." mentioned the goblin again, continuing "...with me, it's three goals always, "a writer's way with words", "an illustrator's eye" and "an internet-self", so I just choose words, add pictures, and mold a persona of myself here, nothing to it really but very rewarding though...", at which point the goblin would then look at the text and wonder which picture it resembled now, something which if anything had grown harder, not easier, over the years now

Adminஐﻬ
"Pay It Forward" ஐﻬ
Site Owner

LupusMCTD Founder ஐﻬ

« Reply #123 on: August 03, 2010, 11:18:38 am »

Hello Flea!!!
How is your summer going?  smiliereading

I look normal, as I have an "Invisible Illness". You can not catch it, you can not see it. It's called Lupus.My body is attacking itself on the inside.
www.LupusMCTD.com Represents:
1) We are patients helping researchers build a future for the lives of others...
2) Where HOPE is a WORK In Progress
3) Pay It Forward~Giving Back To The Future Lupus/MCTD Patients
Coffeenole
Founder of The Coffee Shop message boards
Family of Forums

« Reply #124 on: August 03, 2010, 04:35:29 pm »

Tag!

How's everybody?

fleamailman
Hero Supporter

« Reply #125 on: August 04, 2010, 05:15:57 am »

("...it continues..." replied the goblin, explaining "...I write to write it out of me, so when I stop writing I simply know that I am stressed out of my banana at this point, not that I didn't actually feel that fact already now, just that it's clearly underlined then, like getting the captain obvious to spell it out then as something reassuring in its continuity even...")

repost from elsewhere

in fact, the goblin could accept the loss of most things in his life, where simply the longer he lived the more likely that those losses would increase as they have now, saying "...when I was young I had everything though I didn't know it at the time, where their loss today has grown this awareness in me, and yet, I can accept all those losses, and others too, that no doubt "old age" will bestow me later, all except one that is, for I hope I will never lose my sense of humor then, for the show must go on, but as long as I can smile I can go on with it..."

fleamailman
Hero Supporter

« Reply #126 on: August 14, 2010, 11:25:17 pm »

repost from elsewhere

You're a very interesting person. You sort of remind me of a scop.

"...ah, that would make me hundreds of years old then, if I were a scop that is, but perhaps I could have been one once..." replied the goblin who was one of a small group of livewriters, adding "...we travel across forumland but remain where it's engaging...", in fact, the goblin fed on replies then, reminded of those lines again "writers write, posters post, but only livewriters feed", saying "...you feed me, I feed the slot and on it goes like some circle in a dance..."

Adminஐﻬ
"Pay It Forward" ஐﻬ
Site Owner

LupusMCTD Founder ஐﻬ

« Reply #127 on: August 16, 2010, 07:46:41 am »

Hello & Good Morning!

I look normal, as I have an "Invisible Illness". You can not catch it, you can not see it. It's called Lupus.My body is attacking itself on the inside.
1) We are patients helping researchers build a future for the lives of others...
fleamailman
Hero Supporter

« Reply #128 on: August 16, 2010, 07:52:49 am »

repost from elsewhere

"...well it's "kids these days" time..." went the goblin, who had just returned from a conversation with his daughter who had just shown him her new pink "hello kitty" blanket given to her by her cute boy admirer, "...guess that means you'll sleep with him now..." the goblin had asked jokingly, "...oh yes, us girls have got to keep up our standards daddy..." came the causal reply as the goblin looked deep into his coffee once more wishing he hadn't asked now

Adminஐﻬ
"Pay It Forward" ஐﻬ
Site Owner

LupusMCTD Founder ஐﻬ

« Reply #129 on: August 19, 2010, 11:32:51 am »

I love your Hello Kitty! rose

Coffeenole
Founder of The Coffee Shop message boards
Family of Forums

« Reply #130 on: September 15, 2010, 08:10:16 pm »

Tag!

I hope everyone is hanging in there! I've still been way too busy with work, and trying to take care of my ol'mama...she turned 86 a few days ago.

I'm participating in the local Heart Walk for the American Heart Association this year...if anyone would like to help, my AHA page is...

clck Coffeenole's Donation Page

My dad died of a heart attack at age 51, and my mother had a heart attack and stroke last year, so this is an issue that I care about...and I thank you for your support and prayers!

fleamailman
Hero Supporter

« Reply #131 on: September 16, 2010, 03:18:56 am »

("...ah, I should have been here before but I will never let you win alone for long such is my greed now..." mentioned the goblin who came for courage now,  saying "...give it to me, show me what winning is then...")

repost from elsewhere, on someones birthday

"...so here's to birthdays-past then..." quietly proposed the goblin trying to think which one had been his best, adding "...you know, looking back now, perhaps the best gift I ever received, for my birthday that is, was not what I was actually given at all, but more simply an unfading memory of someone who gave me something, where those late people are now in some long gone setting but ever so mine still, and perhaps yours too, whenever one thinks back on them now, so many happy returns means that it's a spell of association behind the gift then..."

Adminஐﻬ
"Pay It Forward" ஐﻬ
Site Owner

LupusMCTD Founder ஐﻬ

« Reply #132 on: September 16, 2010, 07:26:29 pm »

(((COFFEENOLE!!!)))
God Bless you Sir, I have missed you!
I will keep her in prayer and if I can gather some extra funds, I'll be more than happy to send to American Heart Association.
If you don't mind I'd like to repost this on Facebook, so others may join in and offer their suppor.
Hugs & Best Wishes to you!
Kathy

fleamailman
Hero Supporter

« Reply #133 on: October 04, 2010, 03:46:42 pm »

repost from elsewhere

Please tell me anything you know about or have heard about Queen Bodicca.

"...britain was mostly conquered during the reign of claudius, the event happened in the reign of nero, meaning that the territory was relatively newly settled, the tribes were to be incorporated into the roman system, but in typical roman style, repression leads to revolt leading to suppression slaughter and final appeasement, unintentionally perhaps, native tribes were progressively culled like this..." mentioned the goblin noting how this system might have worked and flourished had not the "haves" and "have nots" become so clearly segregated and odious too,  that in ad 410 one of these same settled tribes finally sank the system by sacking the western capital rome when both the slaves and the poor actually opened the gates welcoming them in, in fact, the freefall that followed from there then was called 'the dark ages' but it was more like regionalism

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaius_Suetonius_Paulinus

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Claudius

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXGGm4GQAq4

Adminஐﻬ
"Pay It Forward" ஐﻬ
Site Owner

LupusMCTD Founder ஐﻬ

« Reply #134 on: October 05, 2010, 10:15:07 am »

rose Good Morning Flea.. long time no see...
I hope life is treating you well  smitten

fleamailman
Hero Supporter

« Reply #135 on: October 05, 2010, 12:09:37 pm »

("...everything fine..." replied the goblin who had written much but none of which seem right for here now, saying "...mostly battling folks of various forums, I should be here just to unwind then I do need it...", in fact, the goblin was going from strength to strength if only because those battles seemed bigger now, adding "...win for me then, this forum depends on captain...")

repost from elsewhere, someone who loves pruning the enormous oak tree in her garden on weekends, her love of the land perhaps

don't kill yourself over a tree.

"...and why not..." smiled the goblin at the idea, continuing "...for the secret of oaks are their longevity, in that this tree was here both before and after you, so leave your loving mark where no one can live forever, for it will tell passersby of your one time love where the greatest secret of our lives is simply to know for what exactly one is dying for, so put your heart into it now, and just perhaps your heart will remain within it..."

Adminஐﻬ
"Pay It Forward" ஐﻬ
Site Owner

LupusMCTD Founder ஐﻬ

« Reply #136 on: October 08, 2010, 01:41:06 pm »

Don't kill yourself over a tree... lol
you wouldn't believe people in Berkley California .. "The Tree People" living in trees just so they won't be cut down

fleamailman
Hero Supporter

« Reply #137 on: October 08, 2010, 01:55:26 pm »

("...I guess if I vet my posts, I won't post anything then, so here goes now, warts and all..." mentioned the goblin posting on regardless)

repost from elsewhere

"...I am looking strangely forward to visiting felixstowe next month to scatter mum's ashes into the sea, and probably too, in the middle of one of those raging storms now, but isn't that just the english seaside that we loved, simply I want to feel a conductor orchestrating the wind, waves, surf, and all, in a final sendoff here..." mentioned the goblin knowing he be rewarded by stepping out of the cold to a plaice and chips and a mug of tea, saying "...oh yes, some things make no sense in that normal sense of that word but this just seems so befitting as mum was a blusterous person in her life too, where she wouldn't want a peaceful sea for this either..."

fleamailman
Hero Supporter

« Reply #138 on: October 08, 2010, 01:59:02 pm »

repost from elsewhere

and with that the goblin showed, saying "...for me, it's not "what one posts" that matters at all so much as "if one posts" that does...", simply the goblin was saying that in his anonymity his very last post would just end in the same way that his very first post had started but that fact actually freed him from caring for what he created now, explaining "...oh no, not "dust to dust, ashes to ashes, etc.," no,  more like "from silence to silence" on some "journey to self" between those two points then, where each post forms a little step here, so it's not "what" but "if" that is my own vindication of self to me, simply I post in defiance of dailylife each time.."

fleamailman
Hero Supporter

« Reply #139 on: October 08, 2010, 02:01:08 pm »

repost from elsewhere

"...nice post xxxx.." mentioned the goblin, adding "...I seem to live a famine/feast existence, where either I'm out of pocket at one end, or out of my mind at the other...", so the goblin's daily posting served as some safety valve towards that ever accumulating stress whenever things went too far in either direction , concluding "...no, infact I don't think I could live a life without stress, I would probably find it too stressful even as I have to fret about something..."

fleamailman
Hero Supporter

« Reply #140 on: October 16, 2010, 03:45:38 am »

repost from elsewhere

Your pictures are so cute.

"...thanks..." replied the goblin now, explaining "...you see, if I try to match what I write with a picture each time, then whenever I see some picture I am looking at its likeness to anything I have either written or intend to write about...", conversely it was the exactly the same for his texts too, for whenever the goblin wrote something now, his mind soon flicked up images, concluding "...for me this posting is all a practice then, but not to be a writer now, nor to be known even, no, only a practice to become more articulate and aware for old age if and when it comes for what else can I take with me..."

fleamailman
Hero Supporter

« Reply #141 on: October 16, 2010, 03:47:48 am »

repost from elsewhere, on birthdays again

"...ah yes, those birthday gifts do help one to remember the giver long after its context has moved on it's true..." mentioned the goblin who looked back with a strange fondness mixed in with some regret too, explaining "...for example I remember flinging my school cap over the bridge into the river from the passing train, where I wish now that I had kept it, but also knowing if I had, I would just be sitting here regretting having not done that ritual as was custom then...", so that line reappeared again "perhaps we owe it to our past not to forget it, and to our present not to waste it, for who knows what future is owed to us in return", saying "...at night those dreams of my past dance before my eyes once more, as if their ghosts are called towards my pen, and amongst them childhood birthdays are ever vivid but isn't that what the ritual was about anyway, ones happy times..."

fleamailman
Hero Supporter

« Reply #142 on: October 16, 2010, 03:48:52 am »

repost from elsewhere, the subject of honesty

"...good posts on a difficult topic, I guess I am not really an honest person though it's not out of some wish on my part to be dishonest on my part, no, more a wish to retain the only thing I really have of myself, my own secrecy..." mentioned the goblin wondering if any of those things that made one happy actually made one think too, saying "...it's like being given the choice between being some happy sheep or an unhappy wolf as far as this dailylife is concerned, like knowledge at the cost of ones happiness perhaps..."

fleamailman
Hero Supporter

« Reply #143 on: October 20, 2010, 03:23:35 am »

repost from elsewhere, a writers forum's "last post" thread

wins what?

"...well one wins whatever one puts into ones posts I suppose..." replied the goblin now knowing how writers took great care over what they posted for two reasons, first for the chance it gave them to get their ideas right to themselves, and second, for the chance it offered to pull readers towards their writings, while feeding off replies too, adding "...where now that other ludicrous idea of somehow becoming the last poster here is a serious no no, so best not think about it even for writers can type with a vengeance where utter folly is concerned..."

fleamailman
Hero Supporter

« Reply #144 on: October 20, 2010, 03:26:27 am »

repost from elsewhere

i wonder if my stuff gets reposted elsewhere?

"...you have the right to remain silent I suppose..." started the goblin continuing "...but equally anything one posts may wind up across the length and breadth of forumland...", in fact, the goblin never named the name when quoting someone, only dealing with their content instead, explaning "...actually think it's part of the "goblins are not to be trusted" clause in the small print somewhere..."

fleamailman
Hero Supporter

« Reply #145 on: October 23, 2010, 11:53:40 am »

repost from elsewhere

So many of the elderly I look after, would love to have mobile phones, but the whole process of learning how to use one, is just too much effort and too difficult.

"...the best thing is probably "web cam" then..." went the goblin continuing "...having someone set it up for them then...", but either way the goblin saw a trap here and wanted to avoid solely depending on ones family by befriending forumland as well, saying "...so many families don't have time for the grandparents, where again so many grandparents make no effort to associate beyond their family now, so the real trap is that the longer they live on those ties to dailylife dwindle through natural wastage leaving them ever more dependent on ever fewer people, till finally tucked neatly into some merlin's cave the trap shuts tight upon them...", somehow the goblin remembered his mother again and then thought on saneca's line "ones plans are too late when in the arena", so he just promised himself that that trap wouldn't catch him without the fight of his life now, saying "...hail great forumland, we who are about to post salute you now..."

Adminஐﻬ
"Pay It Forward" ஐﻬ
Site Owner

LupusMCTD Founder ஐﻬ

« Reply #146 on: October 25, 2010, 11:07:48 am »

CandleSmilie Fleamailman.. seems like the crowd has spilled over to Facebook and do not want to come over to participate.... Here is a group discussion if you would like to start a"the last person who posts wins"....

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=230133614145&v=app_2373072738&ref=ts

fleamailman
Hero Supporter

« Reply #147 on: October 25, 2010, 01:04:24 pm »

("...can't join kathy..." mentioned the goblin who I would prefer to see this forum succeed, adding "...but I will be here where you return, promise...")

repost from elsewhere

"...difficult balance..." went the goblin, explaining "...which forums to be on I mean, I'm guilty of forgetting those sites that forget me I suppose, or the ones that don't feed me much, but that is how it should be, for what does one owe somewhere that is outrightly hostile, or worse, a forum that shows no interest...", ah but the goblin too, was often guilty on just overlooking a forum, he lost its link or his password to it, saying "...I'm a scavenger where notifications can mean food where posts feed me..."

fleamailman
Hero Supporter

« Reply #148 on: October 25, 2010, 01:07:36 pm »

repost from elsewhere, advising again

"...as writers, your posts should be pulling the reader towards you now, simply the age of episodes and installments has returned with this internet in my view, where dickens and doyle would not have been nearly such a success in their time if they had written books now, oh no, they kept their readers on tenterhooks by publishing in weekly bits with cliffhangers..." mentioned the goblin who remembered reading somewhere about dicken's fans waiting on the dockside of new york's harbor to know if "little nell" was still alive, so the goblin just repeated something, saying "...you see, apart from the rich, most people were busy in the victorian age, working long hours, and having neither the time nor the money for books, but journals on the other hand were both cheap, and easy to read...", the goblin stopped in his tracks, counted the lines he had written, and then wondered what picture would actually dress his post here, as if knowing that continuity was ones hallmark of what one wrote

Adminஐﻬ
"Pay It Forward" ஐﻬ
Site Owner

LupusMCTD Founder ஐﻬ

« Reply #149 on: October 25, 2010, 01:26:03 pm »

("...can't join kathy..." mentioned the goblin who I would prefer to see this forum succeed, adding "...but I will be here where you return, promise...")

repost from elsewhere

"...difficult balance..." went the goblin, explaining "...which forums to be on I mean, I'm guilty of forgetting those sites that forget me I suppose, or the ones that don't feed me much, but that is how it should be, for what does one owe somewhere that is outrightly hostile, or worse, a forum that shows no interest...", ah but the goblin too, was often guilty on just overlooking a forum, he lost its link or his password to it, saying "...I'm a scavenger where notifications can mean food where posts feed me..."

Bless your heart! Your'e too cute!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

© Page Contents, Layout, Graphics and Design All Copyrighted by Credited Artists and are Not Public Domain.

LupusMCTD Founder & Patient
Former Domestic Violence SURVIVOR
Kathy A. Patterson

Author of the Upcoming Memoir Book:
"Fighting From The Inside Out"..
A lupus patient fights the beast within her immune system and the beast at home....

e-Booklet filled with photos and videos of what abuse was, signs to look for,
where to turn to for help, and much more to help others like me...

For more information
Call the National Domestic Violence Hotline at 1−800−799−SAFE(7233)

"The Meaning of the Words in the Second Amendment .... "That the people have a right to freedom of speech, and of writing, and publishing their sentiments;"

PRIVACY NOTICE: Warning--any person and/or institution and/or Agent and/or Agency of any governmental structure including but not limited to the United States Federal Government also using or monitoring/using this website or any of its associated websites, you do NOT have my permission to utilize any of my profile information nor any of the content contained herein including, but not limited to my photos, and/ or the comments made about my photo's or any other "picture" art posted on my profile. You are hereby notified that you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing, disseminating, or taking any other action against me with regard to this profile and the contents herein. The foregoing prohibitions also apply to your employee(s), agent(s), student(s) or any personnel under your direction or control. The contents of this profile are private and legally privileged and confidential information, and the violation of my personal privacy is punishable by law
Photobucket
© 2008 LupusMCTD Foundation of America - All Rights Reserved
Est.November 11, 2005
"We Understand What You Are Going Through"™