Welcome To www.LupusMCTD.com
March 28, 2024, 12:31:05 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: the last person to post here wins  (Read 657197 times)
fleamailman
Hero Supporter

« Reply #210 on: May 03, 2011, 03:19:18 am »

repost from elsewhere, goblin meets many queenbots in his time

YES It is I Queenbot! your sworn Russian enemy! Where to shall you run now?

and with that the goblin somehow imagined that sardonic smile once more, true her beauty was unsurpassed, while her exquisite features and angelic voice only contributed to a sense of mystic tinged with danger here, "...so let me guess..." the goblin started slowly, weighing his words, then continuing over his hard black coffee "...I mean it was you wasn't it, that unexpected kidnapping of kathy from of her return from visiting facebook once more, no, only you could pull off a stunt like that, oh and then that masterstroke too, of leaving a coded ransom note asking three dollars for her safe return or five dollars to put her on the first boat to shanghai, brilliant, you see I know everything then...", outside, in the dark evening hum, the cold rain had abated for a while at least, as the night was closing in, somehow the goblin knew too, that she was right, there was nowhere to run to now, somewhere out there then, queenbot was counting her chances

129 210 10911
« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 03:17:15 pm by fleamailman » Logged

"...ah, signs of life..." said the goblin feeling that if that there was one thing the humans did well, it was "greed" but little did they know that they were dealing with a black-belt "last post" poster, "...post at your peril humans..." he softly warned them without him even reaching across to his coffee, he was fast
fleamailman
Hero Supporter

« Reply #211 on: May 09, 2011, 08:26:02 am »

repost from elsewhere

What really burnt my toast, however, was the first line of their email. “E-books are not counted at the university level.”

"...well they can say what they like to you, because when you've done that ebook, you'll then dedicate it complete with quotes too to whoever rejected you now..." mentioned the goblin, adding "...chin up, if it's any consolation, think of me in my fight to be accepted too, and how many times I've got myself banned from writer's forums by not compromising my writing style here, why should I...", though perhaps too, it was unfair to use this parallel here, in that everyone knew that goblins were made of sterner stuff than humans were, after all, rejections just piled up ones winnings for that one big final winthoughpoint here, saying "...the only real losers are the quitters..."

129 211 11212

« Last Edit: May 09, 2011, 08:27:18 am by fleamailman » Logged

"...ah, signs of life..." said the goblin feeling that if that there was one thing the humans did well, it was "greed" but little did they know that they were dealing with a black-belt "last post" poster, "...post at your peril humans..." he softly warned them without him even reaching across to his coffee, he was fast
fleamailman
Hero Supporter

« Reply #212 on: May 09, 2011, 03:15:07 pm »

repost from elsewhere

"And what a course it was," thought Kobold. At first she feared she'd bitten of more than she cold chew, for it was a busy patch of Forumland. Within the space of an afternoon her debut thread had racked up more replies than she thought she could handle and the onlookers had topped a thousand.

"....like a drug isn't it kobold, where the hitcount speaks for itself..." smiled the goblin thinking back to places where his one post had received dozens of hits too,  adding "...nothing to it really, simply we write in posts here, we feed to read and read to feed, where people don't want to read our posts like some book now, oh no they want to jump up from their seats, much like when that all too ugly sister in the pantomime addresses them in person here, with that same old line "oh no you can't humans MYAHAHAHA" and they shout back "oh yes we can goblin" and how many times now, but that's panto for you, and everyone loves pantomime, and how I love it too..."

fleamailman
Hero Supporter

« Reply #213 on: May 11, 2011, 05:31:39 am »

repost from elsewhere, a writers site's "last post" thread

xxxxx has had too much chemo. She is taking a break now. She comes here and reads, but doesn't post, let's give her our best wishes now--here. Thanks!

"...ah now, life's angels are not there to be nice, they're there to help one shine in their reflection..." repeated the goblin once more that line he so loved, not that it ever diminished the truth in its repetition though, simply, that without these trials and tribulation, well life's angels as the goblin called them, the mind is not sharpened, nor the heart tempered, nor the soul forged here, concluding "...surely, the you the emerges at the other end of the process is of someone, whose mettle has been tested and proven, someone who then shines in its reflection then...", where, outside his apartment, the last of autumn was giving way to winter now, where everywhere too, just seemed another test of willpower here

130 213 11323
« Last Edit: May 11, 2011, 05:33:24 am by fleamailman » Logged

fleamailman
Hero Supporter

« Reply #214 on: May 13, 2011, 02:45:40 pm »

repost from elsewhere, the "do you believe in god" thread

"...I don't believe in god, because I know god, but I don't know what I know, and yet I know it all the same..." mentioned the goblin, adding "...look, no one goes around saying that they believe in death, though they know death, but they don't know what they know, and yet they know it all the same, same difference...", just that the goblin was gnostic, continuing "...so when people replace knowledge with belief, it just states that they are fobbing their homework for an excuse here..." adding "...and how organized religion tricks you into those externals each time, when all along it is just you alone with this infinite internal that touches you now..."

130 214 11444
« Last Edit: May 13, 2011, 02:47:23 pm by fleamailman » Logged

fleamailman
Hero Supporter

« Reply #215 on: May 15, 2011, 03:05:19 pm »

repost from elsewhere

Are there rules to livewriting? Also a rather morbid question, ... when does it end? Does the goblin; not to offend; present as a separate character to you, or is it in fact the caricature of yourself?

"...ah, somehow I missed this PM then..." mentioned the goblin now, adding "...no rules to livewriting but simply you'll recognise a livewriter, they're much like the pied pipers of forumland,...", in fact, the goblin was just flea's persona where one couldn't write in third person without having one, adding "...or else it would be "said the person who is writing this" each time, so writing in third person requires a persona now, that's all,...", lying because there was so much more to it, but that was the goblin for you, simply one didn't quite know if one could trust oneself for ones caricature could well be the truth even saying "...but what is true in forumland anyway, and how does one find that out now, all personal choice then..."

130 215 11554
« Last Edit: May 15, 2011, 03:06:20 pm by fleamailman » Logged

fleamailman
Hero Supporter

« Reply #216 on: May 17, 2011, 08:03:37 am »

repost from elsewhere

haha, true. So do you write away from the forums, or is this what you write? ... Another q. sorry, but I have many, why do the mods have problems with it? It's creative and thought-making. Like, I got super confused at first, but now I like reading it... mind you I think I'd go insane trying to write it... but. Shouldn't the mods on here and other forums be open to ideas like that?

"...ah my bad then..." went the goblin knowing that it all blurred somewhat, adding "...well no, of me there will only ever be that which you read on forumland here, albeit that whatever I write bounces back between my laptop and forumland often enough with such remarkable ease too, perhaps so much so that one can't tell the two apart anymore, where to post is to publish perhaps...", where perhaps too, the goblin's focus on forumland itself as his mode of publishing didn't exactly endear him to those who would still have us believe that in order to be recognized, one had to wholly conform in both writing style and content to the publishing world, yet the goblin felt that one simply become another unrecognizable nonentity like that, so no, the goblin was actually happier conversing in the game-section rather than doing whatever in the writing section, adding "...so without my voicing it ever, nor their voicing it either, a heresy is born between us and sides are drawn because of it, that's all..."

fleamailman
Hero Supporter

« Reply #217 on: May 17, 2011, 08:17:47 am »

repost from elsewhere

"...nice thread..." went the goblin feeling he had learned something again, adding "...well, inflation is basically the systematic thief from the individual by the state, for the longer one waits the less value ones savings have, so the temptation here is to welcome debt on the understanding that an object bought now on credit now, will cost less on borrowed money paid back slowly in the future, rather than by directly paying it in its total today...", but the goblin felt that he didn't need to explain the obvious here, only adding "...but what if the fed too, was also using this same method of icydicey(inflationary caused devaluation of currency) to wipe off its own debt, one would be left with only two choices, either to convert ones saving into something more valuable, such as gold perhaps, or to spend away accepting that ones future poverty was inevitable even...", so perhaps the goblin was thinking that it was this logic than that had caused the present day "gold rush", adding "...ah, but that which is visibly valuable to you now is just as visibly valuable to the powers that be too, as seen in america's 1933 bank enabling act, dubbed the then the surrender of bullion act, simply that there is no way to bank against the future now, where the state has to look after it's own interests first, and where it doesn't offer you security at all...", in fact, the goblin didn't believe the media hype for the facts on the ground, anymore than he was distracted by wars elsewhere either, no, he was simply feeling grateful that it hadn't all collapsed already, that's all

130 217 11656
« Last Edit: May 21, 2011, 11:41:58 pm by fleamailman » Logged

fleamailman
Hero Supporter

« Reply #218 on: May 21, 2011, 11:48:20 pm »

repost from elsewhere

How is it that your garbled writing makes so much sense? The other day I was sitting across from someone that was puzzling out a cursive word. Took me but a few seconds to get it, upside down. I enjoy your perspective. Be well

"...well that's probably because I can't write like you humans do, and perhaps that's what the posters actually want too, besides, where is there any anonymity where one writes on forumland as one does in dailylife now..." replied the goblin honestly enough, noting that his PM box seemed more active towards him than the forum was, adding "...you see, most writers are still trying to write for that publishing world, whereas I am a livewriter from the livewriting scene, you can google my username to find the others if you like, in that a livewriter's username is traceable like an authorname, whereas the persona bit is simply that which most posters will remember you by, so one builds up a loose association with some persona here, for example slinky_bas is a kobold, jats is a chameleon, giggler is the foolish, silentxmidnight is a spirit, etc., simply because few people will actually remember a username like fleamailman, whereas I don't know how many times I've read something equating to "oh no not that goblin again"...", "...well goblin she'll know you're mad now..." went the slot's voice in the background, "...ah no, she knew that even before she sent her PM, but now she knows the means behind the madness here..." replied the goblin hoping it helped her even if alas the goblin was well beyond help by now

130 218 11874
« Last Edit: May 21, 2011, 11:49:23 pm by fleamailman » Logged

fleamailman
Hero Supporter

« Reply #219 on: May 21, 2011, 11:51:44 pm »

repost from elsewhere, a writer who was very ill

"...life's angels are not there to be nice, they're there to help you shine in their reflection, moreover as a writer if you can't do justice to her with your pen, then dailylife has won this round I believe, and yet, if you can write even a few lines now, then I will respect you as a writer for your stance then, appreciating anything that you might post as something more powerful in sentiment than if you hadn't had this situation then..." mentioned the goblin, thinking back to seneca's line again "misfortune is the chance to show character", adding "...simply, it's not "what you write" but "if you write" that counts now, remember a writer is not what he has written, it's what he is still writing even on his death bed to his last remaining breath, well that's the writer you want to be I imagine, the angel awaits your pen, shine in her reflection here..."

fleamailman
Hero Supporter

« Reply #220 on: May 25, 2011, 03:25:37 am »

repost from elsewhere

hhmm, I don't think the livewriters path is necesarilly for me. Thought its exceedingly interesting reading it in convo haha.

"...nobody pushing you either, just that if you continue posting on forumland, you'll need to think out your persona at some point, I mean your readers will see you both by your books and by your posts too, meaning a loss of interest on their part if your posts don't merit much attention now, where conversely, imagine that your posts were extraordinary then, surely those readers would then rush to see if your book too, had the same pull now..." ventured the goblin, knowing that livewriting was not for everybody then, besides, he wasn't selling something here, only explaining why he already had a readership of book and was known across forumland for what he did, adding "...catch me in the game section then, interesting game is it not..."

131 220 12081

« Last Edit: May 25, 2011, 03:48:19 am by fleamailman » Logged

fleamailman
Hero Supporter

« Reply #221 on: May 25, 2011, 10:52:21 pm »

repost from elsewhere, and a moment in the past now

on a day slightly different from others, the sun almost burns ones back from its brightness, and yet, the passing view from this village minibus is of a winter's cold frost here, where the goblin too, calmly holds on his lap his workday rucksack containing the plastic urn of what was his mother, and where the feeling is serene enough, surreal in its oddness even, with that same old slideshow of passing scenery without coupled with memories from within, where together they idled away the goblin's time aimlessly enough, "...first exeter bus terminal, a quick snack, and then that long leg down to london, then finding some cheap undemanding hotel in an old haunt, and then..., ..." but the goblin broke off form wording it now as if knowing that it wasn't really like him to think things through beyond their planning side, besides, his expectations were ever "well whatever happens, happens then", continuing "...and tomorrow, it's on down to felixstowe, that beach, and her sea once more, well perhaps it'll be our sea till I sprinkle her into it, then it's just my sea after that I suppose, so "so long" mum, you were ever restless during your lifetime, guess there's no point in my uttering "rest in peace" now, but would "so long then" do as some passing note between us...", but the goblin never did know how long that "long" actually was, nor how long it would be either, where no doubt that sea would seem an ocean of tears at the time

13 221 12135
« Last Edit: May 25, 2011, 10:57:00 pm by fleamailman » Logged

fleamailman
Hero Supporter

« Reply #222 on: May 30, 2011, 03:51:15 pm »

repost from elsewhere

"...don't confuse it now, your elected governments will still come and go but the underlying system itself is slowly steering to a close here, where what with fewer births against a greater lifespan leading to a population tail-off, simply to date no one has cared about either the aging or the depletion of resident populations because the issue was clouded by, or depended upon, immigration where those immigrants were in a seemingly endless supply here, however, subtract the newcomers from the situation and one soon notes both the general lack of confidence and the risk aversion towards creating families here...", japan is a case in point, but most other countries will suffer a population shortfall if they can't produce a system that encourages family confidence, adding "...a graying europe is not a simple problem of who will pay ones pension later, nor just one of old people being meager spenders, no the real problem is that the resulting gradual loss of law and order, where such demographic system-stall occurs, is usually followed by a system collapse and anarchy, a new darkage even..."

131 222 12433
« Last Edit: May 30, 2011, 03:55:00 pm by fleamailman » Logged

fleamailman
Hero Supporter

« Reply #223 on: May 31, 2011, 04:12:55 am »

repost from elsewhere

so here i am, late on purpose; what's the deal here

"...welcome human to this forum..." started the goblin now, adding "...let us first discard all that you have heard about this forum being a troll's site, far from it in fact, no, this forum is for those who wish to bring out their creative side, the avant grade of posting perhaps, anti-posting even...", where maybe the real joke was not so much how ludicrous the goblin's words actually sounded here, but more how often he had been proved right by them, simply most posters given a free hand in posting evolved into something immeasurably better than if they had been told to follow standard forum procedures  

131 223    12523
« Last Edit: May 31, 2011, 04:14:13 am by fleamailman » Logged

fleamailman
Hero Supporter

« Reply #224 on: June 02, 2011, 03:12:13 am »

repost from elsewhere

"...well human..." went the goblin at least guessing that xxxxx had to be one now, adding "...a lot depends on what one posts to where then, try posting in the games section where most posters accumulate, look across their posts too, a lot comes across in their posts that will serve you well in knowing who to approach in one's aims now...", in fact, a forum often turned into a visit to the supermarket like this, where one enters intending to certainly buy one thing only to come out with more than one had originally bargained for, so the goblin just explained it, saying "...isn't there an ease at posting in the games section, where nothing is expected of one, rather than those more formal "workshop" sections now, but oddly it's just the same posters there with their hair let down..." but the goblin meant well by it, simply he befriended anyone who befriended him back but he was always alone in this

132 224 12667
« Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 03:14:41 am by fleamailman » Logged

fleamailman
Hero Supporter

« Reply #225 on: June 04, 2011, 02:34:07 am »

repost from elsewhere

It seems like people are greedy and think of themselves more now than they used to. The politicians are corrupt and so is Wall Street. We were led into war by misinformation. People gave out false information to obtain home loans, etc, that is why they lost their homes. They could not afford them. What happened to honesty? Is it vanishing? Did we used to think people were honest who were not? Is character an issue anymore and is it taught in school?

and then, as if to spoil it, the goblin showed, saying "...well, at any rate, the world of adults is lying is it not, trouble is that is that lying slowly spirals out of hand in its continuation, for today has no american dream now, nor job for life either, so people have merely become a product of a harsh reality here, simply every man for himself then, compete with others and expect nothing less than to be lied to now, and the need to lie back in return, for these are our "fall of empire" times are they not...", and yes, the decline is well masked, and still the fanfare continues all around us too, but few people ever see an upheaval coming until it is upon them, because the world of adults is one of lies, and of our clinging to those secure lies that we ourselves so much want to hear now

132 225 12816
« Last Edit: June 04, 2011, 02:35:41 am by fleamailman » Logged

fleamailman
Hero Supporter

« Reply #226 on: June 07, 2011, 08:15:02 am »

repost from elsewhere

"...quite right queenbot, writers live shared lives, they are schizophrenics so to speak, and perhaps too, it's a journey to self here, to know oneself by what one posts that is..." replied the goblin, adding "...where perhaps too, if I do enough posts, some silhouette of who I am might be seen by it...", yet at this point the goblin's senses were dulled through lack of sleep last night, where his bed had been a court of his own conscience once more, concluding "...that's the trouble with my bed, I start conversing with myselves where I should be sleeping, and then when I'm awake I'm sleeping through my day again...", somehow between clocks that stole time, and his bed that acted like some psychiatrist couch, the goblin wondered who would wish to copy his stuff or to claim to be him then, explaining "...actually I must be a plagiarist's worst nightmare target-wise, I'm well known, where both my writing style and content act like fingerprints, pictures have to be found and added too, and besides, people would rightly ask why someone who prides himself on his being anonymity should ever choose to reveal himself now...", where the line was ever "if you write like everyone else, then like everyone else is all it will ever be", so the goblin chose to do it all wrong then, saying "...perfect is so predictable, wouldn't you settle for something more unpredictable then..."

fleamailman
Hero Supporter

« Reply #227 on: June 07, 2011, 08:18:25 am »

repost form elsewhere

Do you have a Christmas wish list?

"...alas, not a list but I have a wish that, that just perhaps now, and even just once too, if I could have a dream, and within that dream to suddenly find myself reliving some christmas day as a child once more, and in that dream too, just to be able to say "thank you" to all of them there, and have again those childhood senses of sight smell touch and sound that are so dulled in my adulthood today, and where too, all these adult calculations towards consequences could just melt away to some total childlike elation that just being part of my whole family again on a carefree christmas day that is..." mentioned the goblin, adding "...so now, if you ask me what I want for christmas, I would wish to emulate their benchmark then, because I can't go back to say "thank you" in person. ah but if I could now..., ..."

132 227 13034

« Last Edit: June 10, 2011, 01:06:42 am by fleamailman » Logged

fleamailman
Hero Supporter

« Reply #228 on: June 10, 2011, 01:03:27 am »

repost from elsewhere

I'm not sure what to do, I kinda hate to let it fade away but I just won't have as much time for awhile ...and well, this forum is small already, which is actually OK with me coz it's easier to catch up on threads if I miss a day or two... but I don't know if it can sustain itself with just you and Jats

"...just post when you can then, remember, a forum lasts as long as the admin is happy on it, in fact, forums come and go anyway, where I have seen forums with far more members pack up shop, yes, but I have also seen forums with one or two members only, that are rock solid still..." mentioned the goblin, who too, always preferred small forums to big ones for the ease of which one could keep abreast of things, but the goblin hated tagging or posting merely the sake of others here, saying "... no, the question is simply why post, where a journey to self was my motive, but now it's mere habit, so much so, that I doubt I could seriously go long without posting something, for example, no one needs to have a bath, just they don't feel clean without one...", , whereupon the goblin just added "...so no, this is just how I cleanse that ever so indoctrinating dailylife out of my system each day, so I'm here but I'm here for myself..."

132 228 13269
« Last Edit: June 10, 2011, 01:07:27 am by fleamailman » Logged

fleamailman
Hero Supporter

« Reply #229 on: June 13, 2011, 08:30:06 am »

repost from elsewhere

"...glad you see it that way then queenbot..." replied the goblin, who didn't care for those set writing perimeters either, saying "...mind you, it's not that I go out of my way to be wrong either, just I borrow machiavelli's idea here, that the prince must keep his word, ah but not any price now, meaning play the part, yes but remain true to oneself where one must...", hardly any wonder that the church then banned that book for being too subversive, and with that the goblin was just trying to remember how machiavelli had put it then, saying "...for the fox gets eaten by the wolves, where the lion falls into traps"was the concept then, for the prince must come across as a gallant lion to others, that is a man of an unflinching word then, and yet he must break faith where he has to...", whereupon the goblin just laughed, saying "...well, I keep faith to those who read and write with me, but goblin's are not to be trusted now..."

132 229 13477
« Last Edit: June 13, 2011, 08:31:02 am by fleamailman » Logged

fleamailman
Hero Supporter

« Reply #230 on: June 15, 2011, 11:46:39 pm »

repost from elsewhere

"...your best post yet, and so true too..." replied the goblin, happy to have someone smart feeding him now, continuing "...true that we think we are what we are, most probably because of how we see ourselves in the context of our dailylife then, but then again, that's exactly why too, I remain anonymous now, besides, since I can't prove anything about myself anyway, someone has yet to explain to me why I need to qualify my words here with some unprovable personal paraphernalia at this point, for here folks, both you and I are just as so many words written upon a screen, living books if you like, livewriters then...", and with that the goblin went over at the text he had written in terms of an image now, knowing how important it was to illustrate his texts, adding "...saying, well if every picture tells a story, then conversely every text must convey an image, but so what is the image of internet anonymity where it could just be anyone or anything..."

132 230 13743
« Last Edit: June 15, 2011, 11:51:49 pm by fleamailman » Logged

fleamailman
Hero Supporter

« Reply #231 on: June 15, 2011, 11:50:32 pm »

repost from elsewhere

"...actually, I remember a lot more when making a point to recollect the past, than when I don't test my memory at all..." mentioned the goblin, adding "...though admittedly whatever I did at some point past has no meaning in my today now, just that it's best to not let ones memories go unrecollected too long I suppose, and yet, when I address my past objectively like this, lots of other memories that I had forgotten come to the fore, but however much I recollect them, it all means nothing to anyone else and is of no consequence to me, as it's just gone...", and besides, the goblin had long noted that there seemed some pattern in his childhood, carried on through his youth into early adulthood and beyond, summed up by that term the path of least resistance towards ones dailylife here, where one just repeats the same routine week in week out year after year, etc, so the goblin just laughed, saying "...amazing isn't it, that one dreams of adventure here, yet everyone actually prefers that little "nine to five" dailylife of theirs, with its security and creature comforts against that big unknown, that fear of death too, whatever, simply we all shelve the big adventure for some other moment to come, mine are memories of this shelving then..."

132 232 13825
« Last Edit: June 17, 2011, 12:05:25 pm by fleamailman » Logged

fleamailman
Hero Supporter

« Reply #232 on: June 17, 2011, 12:04:28 pm »

repost from elsewhere

"...ah now, that is the world of humans for you then is it not..." went the goblin, reading xxxxx's post, thinking how important it was to render unto dailylife what was dailylife's, and unto the internet that which is more uncompromising here, adding "...when I was younger, whenever I wanted something, I would simply compromise for it, not so much as a deception towards her here, more as a delusion towards myself in believing such a compromise was at all workable in the long run, or that somehow today's gratification wouldn't come without tomorrow's consequence, simply "youth" for me was the folly of no foresight then...", where today, even if the goblin were to be given some time-machine, he couldn't really go back to his youth now, as his inner age has killed off his youth, just like his youth in its turn had killed off his childhood then, concluding "...so perhaps one day now, medicine will make one look and and feel young again, but it will never make me youthful like I was, no I would only hate myself for hurting her through compromise this time around..."

132 232 13825
« Last Edit: June 17, 2011, 12:06:27 pm by fleamailman » Logged

fleamailman
Hero Supporter

« Reply #233 on: June 20, 2011, 03:51:34 am »

repost form elsewhere

So that has me thinking, do writers really have the right to step into the cesspool of people's misery just for the sake of adding more "authenticity" to their works? Are there writers who have more license to access certain atrocities than others? Should there be respects given in some way or another, and how?

"...lots of hurdles to writing then but "by what right" has got to be one of the biggest now..." mentioned the goblin, adding "...and whatever one writes, someone is bound to raise an objection to it, where if one actually heeded each and every objection, nothing would flow from ones pen so to speak, so no, a writer has no more right than anyone else I suppose, just he's the one that ignores that fact and writes anyway...", simply the goblin understood that where one didn't name names, and where one remained anonymous too, then the internet was the devil's playground for news both true and false, adding "...but mind you, what with the standard media coverage being some muted joke of omissions, is it really any wonder that each one of us becomes our own journalist now..."

132 233 13977
« Last Edit: June 20, 2011, 03:56:53 am by fleamailman » Logged

fleamailman
Hero Supporter

« Reply #234 on: June 21, 2011, 02:22:49 pm »

repost from elsewhere

But...I'm a bit of an awkward person in real life. In the sense where it's not easy for me to relate well to just anyone who walks up to me, because I have a very strange mind. (Though what writer sees the world 'normally'?) I sometimes feel like when I make my characters, a lot of my awkward thinking pours into them, making them so unusual from anything that has ever been published, I start doubting any agent or publisher would want to invest in them. So I ask; am I wrong for thinking this way? Have any of you had the same or similar worries? And more over, how do I prevent this from keeping my self-confidence from dropping as I flesh my characters out?

"...ah now, you sound so unsure of yourself, but have I not mentioned elsewhere that a writer-type lives a shared life here..." inquired the forgetful goblin again suspecting that most musicians heard music in the back of their minds, whereas, more likely, artists would probably see images in their minds, and where again mediums would meet those spirits he supposed, and with that the goblin just continued "...all very matter of fact then, it's hardly madness in my view or something to fear now, and besides didn't seneca, in one of those famous letters put it everything one has, has you in return, so why not extend that same idea to everything one does, does you too, where alas the muse won't go back into her bottle, and where her little pact goes honesty, a shared life, and a thick skin, so accept it for what is, and yourself for who you are too, as one of us perhaps, for that wondrous journey to self is how she rewards those who share with her, promise..."

fleamailman
Hero Supporter

« Reply #235 on: June 23, 2011, 01:55:14 pm »

repost from elsewhere

Fleamailman, if you dont mind me asking, where do all of these reposts come from?

"...they're just a residue of those posts that one makes vis a vis forumland here.." explained the goblin "...for example this post too will follow that same process then, that is, I will first store it, and later repost it across many elsewheres in some air/edit/backup context, knowing that the airing got me feedback, whereas the editing improved it, and backing it up was due to the fickle nature of this forumland here...", in fact, the goblin was often doing his air/edit/backup of some post where the forum itself no longer existed, joking "...I'm a door to door blogger perhaps, rather than someone who just waits to be read then..."

133 235 14193

« Last Edit: June 23, 2011, 01:56:53 pm by fleamailman » Logged

fleamailman
Hero Supporter

« Reply #236 on: June 23, 2011, 02:09:58 pm »

repost from elsewhwere

Do you believe critiquing others' work is important? Do you believe critiquing others helps you improve your own writing? Do you learn from others' critiques? Do you believe you can critique? Do you critique/review/comment in a constructive way, or at all? if not, Why? Thanks for your time and thoughts. Sync

"...well I suppose I do form an opinion on that which I read, if that is meant by critique here, and then reply where need be too, aka feeding then, or correspondence perhaps..." replied the goblin, continuing "...though I'm careful not to tell you humans how to write now, or how anything should be either least you all turn into clones of one another...", no, what the goblin actually craved for was an individuality from posters based on their imperfections, saying "...you see, anyone could say anything but on forumland I am simply my own writer/reader/editor/illustrator/publisher/journalist/whatever, if only because I write/read/edit/illustrate/post/inquire/whatever for myself here, and where I could put on those meaningless writer's airs too, offer qualifications, or justifications then, but at the end of the day it's the hitcount to my posts which either condones or condemns my efforts now, me I just write then, the rest has no meaning..."

« Last Edit: June 23, 2011, 02:22:33 pm by fleamailman » Logged

fleamailman
Hero Supporter

« Reply #237 on: June 25, 2011, 12:28:47 pm »

repost from elsewhere

Democracy is the greatest farce ever. That must have been proven to everyone by now. If we elect a government for four or five years, during that time they have the ability to do what they like within the bounds of the constitution. At best, they act in the in interests of the majority that elected them, virtually disregarding everyone else. At worst, they destroy the country for their own good.

"...well yes, democracy is a farce, agreed..." went the goblin, adding "...where dictatorship is for real then, but mind you, given the choice, wouldn't you prefer to to lied to, rather than being ordered about here..." , somehow the goblin's mind was first thinking about russia, where mr medvedev was president but mr putin was in charge, and then about america, where mr bush was president but obviously somebody else was in charge, concluding "...well there you have it then, the russians are more honest to their electorate than the americans are..."

133 237 14314

« Last Edit: June 25, 2011, 12:30:35 pm by fleamailman » Logged

fleamailman
Hero Supporter

« Reply #238 on: June 25, 2011, 12:37:31 pm »

repost from elsewhere

christmas morning and the goblin was awake now, alone too, anyway at his age it simply meant that, like it or not, he couldn't sleep off those mornings like he once did, saying "...so the view from the window this morning is of windswept white rooftops, some bare trees too, but mostly it's of a grey featureless sky, and yet in a short while I will go for a walk within this painful scene, and with luck it'll spur my mind into gaining something worth posting from it for the surrounding adjectives will be fortitude, gratitude, and sobriety, ah yes bitter fruits compared with those of my youth perhaps but nonetheless mine for the writing about here...", in fact, the goblin wasn't looking back, nor looking forward either, no his present mind now seemed filled with a sense of foreboding towards those european economies in the forthcoming year, explaining "...the key to understanding all this musical chairs is an easy line sovereign debt does not have to be repaid here, where the logic is exactly as machiavelli explained in his book the prince, just to keep one's word till one can't...", so somehow the goblin knew too, that his christmas walk was going to be worth every cold hardship if the plot was evidently far deeper than anything the media was offering piecemeal and superficially in their coverage of it

fleamailman
Hero Supporter

« Reply #239 on: June 28, 2011, 11:58:38 am »

repost from elsewhere, the "what give the state the right to exist" thread

"...since humans lean towards the comfort of an authority, which is a compromise of some sort or other, they form their family unit, or their clan, their state, their empire, etc., where any absence of authority, the state in this context, in some form or other, is a non starter in my view, since they always fall back into that comfort of this authority each time..." mentioned the goblin, adding "...however authority, being a compromise too, suffers from structural stress over time, meaning that families, clans, states right on up to empires, wax, wane, and finally collapse, just as history has so clearly shown us, even if the underlying desire for authority on the part of the individual remains constant throughout, albeit one tempered with a desire for some impossible freedom too...", simply the goblin was stating that humans were like incapable chickens in terms of that great wild outdoors, where they still aspired to those very ideals they couldn't possibly survive in, "...well goblin, why not just borrow lincoln's words then, addressing it as "a chicken-coop of the chickens, for the chickens, by the chickens"..." went the voice in the back to the goblin's mind now, not that the goblin himself would ever dare utter anything like that though

133 239 14511
« Last Edit: June 28, 2011, 12:01:39 pm by fleamailman » Logged

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

© Page Contents, Layout, Graphics and Design All Copyrighted by Credited Artists and are Not Public Domain.

LupusMCTD Founder & Patient
Former Domestic Violence SURVIVOR
Kathy A. Patterson

Author of the Upcoming Memoir Book:
"Fighting From The Inside Out"..
A lupus patient fights the beast within her immune system and the beast at home....

e-Booklet filled with photos and videos of what abuse was, signs to look for,
where to turn to for help, and much more to help others like me...

For more information
Call the National Domestic Violence Hotline at 1−800−799−SAFE(7233)

"The Meaning of the Words in the Second Amendment .... "That the people have a right to freedom of speech, and of writing, and publishing their sentiments;"

PRIVACY NOTICE: Warning--any person and/or institution and/or Agent and/or Agency of any governmental structure including but not limited to the United States Federal Government also using or monitoring/using this website or any of its associated websites, you do NOT have my permission to utilize any of my profile information nor any of the content contained herein including, but not limited to my photos, and/ or the comments made about my photo's or any other "picture" art posted on my profile. You are hereby notified that you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing, disseminating, or taking any other action against me with regard to this profile and the contents herein. The foregoing prohibitions also apply to your employee(s), agent(s), student(s) or any personnel under your direction or control. The contents of this profile are private and legally privileged and confidential information, and the violation of my personal privacy is punishable by law
Photobucket
© 2008 LupusMCTD Foundation of America - All Rights Reserved
Est.November 11, 2005
"We Understand What You Are Going Through"™