Welcome To www.LupusMCTD.com
March 28, 2024, 03:02:52 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: the last person to post here wins  (Read 657143 times)
fleamailman
Hero Supporter

« Reply #240 on: July 02, 2011, 11:50:13 am »

repost from elsewhere

So what’s it like on the other side? That’s the side opposite life, in case you don’t get my drift. Have you dipped your toe in, and returned? What did you experience? Have you communicated with someone on the other side? How did that communication take place? Can you recommend it as a place to go? Do you have any views on the notion that when a person dies, that person's soul returns to Earth to inhabit a new-born baby's body? And do we know we’ve been here before? If you’re wondering what I’m on about this time, I’m going under the knife in two weeks. The doc told me there’s a chance I might die. If that happens, I know you’ll breathe a collective sigh of relief and then throw a party, but in the meantime I want answers**    **erm, but not from Christians. Go annoy someone else.

"...does anybody have any more life than anyone else I wonder, where tomorrow is not promised even to the most healthy amongst us..." mused the goblin, adding "...and besides, where are those you loved in life if not within you at this point, so too, by that logic then, if someone loves you in the way you yourself hold someone dear within you now, then you already know where you will be, just welcome in the their hearts...", in fact, the goblin often wondered if the heart was not some portal to a spirit-dimension then, where perhaps the afterlife was akin to our internet then, just another sea of forumland perhaps

133 240 14669
« Last Edit: July 02, 2011, 12:14:30 pm by fleamailman » Logged

"...ah, signs of life..." said the goblin feeling that if that there was one thing the humans did well, it was "greed" but little did they know that they were dealing with a black-belt "last post" poster, "...post at your peril humans..." he softly warned them without him even reaching across to his coffee, he was fast
fleamailman
Hero Supporter

« Reply #241 on: July 04, 2011, 02:09:52 pm »

repost from elsewhere

what do i win? and when. i'd settle for an autograph from the Goblin.

"...I guess one wins a reflection of self through one's post..." replied the goblin adding "...but if you write out my name, and then think of it as mine, that will be me then, for in truth there is no way that I can prove my identity to you..." replied the goblin as if knowing that fame and fortune were medusa's enticements to let her set one in her published stone again, like so many dead or dated authors now, adding "...well, wasn't it enough for one to have lived these thoughts here free on forumland, rather than having suffered the weight of her gaze by now..."

133 241 14761
« Last Edit: July 04, 2011, 02:10:52 pm by fleamailman » Logged

"...ah, signs of life..." said the goblin feeling that if that there was one thing the humans did well, it was "greed" but little did they know that they were dealing with a black-belt "last post" poster, "...post at your peril humans..." he softly warned them without him even reaching across to his coffee, he was fast
fleamailman
Hero Supporter

« Reply #242 on: July 07, 2011, 02:13:46 am »

repost from elsewhere

Anyway, so I've recently started a fantasy novel and am on my third chapter, but I'm finding it difficult to get the right balance between dialogue and description. At the moment it seems to be mostly dialogue, and whenever I try and add more description the plot seems to stand still... So my basic problem is: how do I keep the plot moving without leaving out the description entirely? However, there's also the problem of trying to find various ways of saying "said"

"...ah now, put it this way then..." started the goblin looking out across today's gray white winter's view of more whatever all this winter's snow was about anyway, not that it was actually cold indoors though, just that it was coldly dull outside, enough to make one feel cold everywhere, as the untrustworthy goblin slowly built up to his idea again, saying "...look, suppose one addressed any musician about what they need to do for some forthcoming concert, they probably reply "well first I'd look over the composition again, and then I'd practice my instrument till I got it fluid now", then ask any actor what they'll do for some forthcoming film, where they'd probably reply "I'd go over the script again, and practice my lines till I felt myself to be the part"...", at which point the goblin wondered just how many writers really wanted to write fluidly in third person within their books but spent most to the posting days here writing in that monotone unnarrated first person, smiling "...you see, there's nothing is stopping you now but it's does takes a bit of madness to do it, and more madness still to do it well, so what say you human, for practice's sake then, your transition awaits you now does it not, where you could become any persona you like, so why so first person always, can't I tempt you a little bit into my world then..."

fleamailman
Hero Supporter

« Reply #243 on: July 12, 2011, 12:55:36 pm »

repost from elsewhere, the "any new year's resolutions" thread

"...me, I'm out to conquer forumland now as some livewriter would..." said the goblin, adding "...and yes, I don't even know what a livewriter really is, only that it's never been done before, and after that I'd like to capture the moon too, though that's been done before countless times...", simply the goblin had to cup the moon in his hands like he had done in his childhood, saying "...ah yes, I was so much better at catching moons when I was little, then all types of rationality cluttered my mind and somehow I lost the knack, so today too I don't want to be some rational writer here, no I just want to cup the idea in my hands..."

134 243 15188
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 12:56:33 pm by fleamailman » Logged

fleamailman
Hero Supporter

« Reply #244 on: July 14, 2011, 07:35:11 am »

repost from elsewhere

Hauling my butt off this chair and away from the 'puter. So, one... two...
I’m with ya. Spend way too much time on here.

"...ah now, the wood for the trees then, I mean you want to be reading books more, doing other things then, and yet here you are here each time reading through these posts again..." mentioned the goblin, whose point had been this all along, adding "...for if this is where you don't want to be as often as you are now, and if this holds true for most readers on forumland too, then something tells me that here in fact, and not that bookworld then, is where I'll find my readership, but only if I don't get hoodwinked into that silly notion that the persona and the piece can exist as two separate entities here, ah no not on forumland then, not where one is what one writes, and what one writes is one then, or all that it will ever be, just a persona that is, a mere act perhaps, or just some portrayal in so many words, for that's what we really here aren't we, personas, or puppets perhaps, definitely portrays of ourselves then..."

135 244 15267
« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 07:36:17 am by fleamailman » Logged

fleamailman
Hero Supporter

« Reply #245 on: July 15, 2011, 10:59:22 pm »

repost from elsewhere

Fleamailman – I always wanted to know why you state your opinion in through a talking goblin? It’s interesting, but unusual for me at least. What isn’t it about? Theology, psychology, science, the meaning of life and alcohol embedded in a tale of fiction.

"...ah now, one can't write in third person without having a persona here, yet it always begs the question "yes ok, but who or what is actually writing this then", simply, since most readers being used to books, they expect it, where some blanc from experience annoys them whereas a persona played well amuses them..." mentioned the goblin who also knew that most people wouldn't remember his username, like they wouldn't remember most, if not all, of the other usernames on this forum now, but here again using a persona was the trick since he didn't know how many times he had actually read somewhere that line oh no not that bloody goblin again, explaining "...so perhaps the idea here is to have a unique username that people can actually find one by googling it, together with a loose association with some persona that people can remember you by, where I in return get the chance to practice writing in third person and to illustrate my posts by adding a picture here, so welcome to my world human, now I imagine the next question is either why in the off topics section goblin, or that other one why remain anonymous goblin, or why that writing style goblin or who are the other livewriters goblin, though more likely you probably just want to know what I've been smoking..."

135 245 15391

« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 11:01:27 pm by fleamailman » Logged

fleamailman
Hero Supporter

« Reply #246 on: July 21, 2011, 03:53:06 am »

repost from elsewhere

"...well I understand that it is a compromise then..." restarted the goblin now, continuing "...that is, that I get to own nothing here but I remain both ageless and faceless in doing so...", for the goblin had often pointed out that his posts were all dead by the time they were posted, that all this posting was just a journey to self to him, adding "...but really, must I waste what little talent I have upon writing some unread book in that ever declining bookworld now, while all along, under our very noses then, this vast sea of forumland awaits and surrounds us, where all one has to do is just go to the reader in ones posts now, oh yes, those writers might want that readership, where a livewriter might enjoy the readership too, admittedly it does flatter one, but no, in the end he's actually seeking rapport here, for it's rapport and not readership that actually feeds one ones thoughts...", and, apart from that, the goblin had also wondered, what there was to know about him that would change anything anyway, for nothing here one claims can be proved now, least of all ones identity that is, saying "...ah no, I'm not anonymous really, well not any more anonymous than anyone reading this is, so welcome to the masked ball of the internet then, where the truth is yet another mask it seems..."

135 246 15746
« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 03:54:13 am by fleamailman » Logged

fleamailman
Hero Supporter

« Reply #247 on: July 24, 2011, 03:46:33 am »

repost from elsewhere, an australian having a guess at the goblin's identity

You mightn't be quite as anonymous as you think, fleemale. I'd put you down as a British civil servant or solicitor.

"...ah no, the truth is more that after the santa family got devoiced, mrs santa, fed up with the arctic cold it seems, moved to australia where she now rides her great surfboard, drawn by sixteen faithful wombats no less, across that ozzy ozoneless sky rewarding good boys by filling up their fishnet stockings with beer cans of course, whereas with bad boys she could be far more imaginative with her riding crop and batwoman outfit..." recounted the accounting british civil servant goblin here, aware that xxxxx's detective work was second to none now, oh yes no goblin was ever safe it seemed

135 247 15891
« Last Edit: July 24, 2011, 03:47:49 am by fleamailman » Logged

fleamailman
Hero Supporter

« Reply #248 on: July 27, 2011, 11:26:25 pm »

repost from elsewhere

As a budding freelance writer, lately I have been busy searching for lots of tips and information on the career that entices me. On my travels I have read about so many fabulous writers, how they came about, their style of writing, what drives them, etc, etc. However, it seems that every writer I come across has the same gene......they have been writing since they were little.... For some reason this seems to dis-empower me. It's so wonderful reading about their journeys, but....then I realize...I don't have one! I'm so new to this industry. I haven't been writing for years and years. I have been keeping a journal for years - but I don't think that counts lol. Just something that was cruising my brain cells.......

"...well the question is "what would you write where you had no motivation to do so now"..." mentioned the goblin, knowing that sounded like a trick question then, and yet he was dead serious in asking it, continuing "...well if you can answer that question honestly to yourself, then you will know how you stand as to whether you really are a writer by nature or just one of those people who use writing as their means to some end in life...", the goblin's own answer was clearly in his anonymity here, no external reason then, which lead him to ask a second question, daring "...do you store your posts ever, I mean as some proof of progress now, funny how we use the wrong things as our benchmarks, where bits of your journal for example, reposted here might be a better proof of actual readership, rather than unknown conjectures concluded by comparing yourself with others, and besides, even if you were the worse writer in the world, it's not their journey to self here, it's yours, so don't you want to know yourself by what you write regardless of what anyone thinks of it..."

135 248 16148
« Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 11:27:26 pm by fleamailman » Logged

fleamailman
Hero Supporter

« Reply #249 on: July 30, 2011, 03:03:45 am »

what's up flea? how's the winter treating you?

"...well I still feel I'm arranging deckchairs on the titanic now, though I do feel that I'm rather good at it, meaning that on a personal level all goes well, whereas whenever I look over the side of the ship I seem to notice that rising sea level again..." mentioned the goblin, adding "...perhaps a lot has to do with simply accepting the half-news given on the television, or going onto the internet to find the news the television isn't offering then, that happy sheep or unhappy wolf choice then, depending on what one knows I suppose, not that knowing it changes it now..."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8GyHK8751s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L59UWWUfY9Q

135 249 16245
« Last Edit: July 30, 2011, 03:13:59 am by fleamailman » Logged

fleamailman
Hero Supporter

« Reply #250 on: August 01, 2011, 09:11:35 am »

repost from elsewhere

all these years later, the plaque was still there then, unchanged since the goblin's childhood, even if the old green painted bridge, together with its dark almost motionlessly water beneath had changed, in that hammersmith has become measurably cleaner today, but this little plaque then, that the goblin had first seen in his childhood, went back to a time even before him, december 23rd 1919 in fact, so the goblin just looked over the metal railing down the short drop to the gray dull water again trying to envisage a ghost here even if the details were so few now, relating "...the sparkling dark of chritmas time perhaps, simply he had jumped in after her, and saved her too, only to die a few days later then of some infected injury...", where, in the absence of any more detail, it all seemed to spell attempted suicide on her part, leaving the goblin's imagination to fill in that blanc that the internet had drawn for all his researching, but perhaps the truth might spoil it even

135 250 16416
« Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 09:13:15 am by fleamailman » Logged

fleamailman
Hero Supporter

« Reply #251 on: August 04, 2011, 04:24:27 am »

repost from elsewhere

I wonder about this seeking of immortality through words. I mean, the competition is so intimidating.

"...me too, I share this folly of leaving something behind..." smiled the goblin, adding "...where perhaps the journey to self does ends at self then, but still it would be nice to think that a little bit of forumland is forever goblin here, where good or bad, we were still the first ones, we lit the way for others so to speak..."

135 251 16562
« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 04:25:30 am by fleamailman » Logged

fleamailman
Hero Supporter

« Reply #252 on: August 06, 2011, 03:17:53 am »

repost from elsewhere

...and I'm considering offering my book as a free download.

"...well I'm not so sure..." mentioned the goblin, wondering about that human nature again, explaining "...you see on this internet people don't really appreciate, nor trust for that matter, anything that looks and feels free now, so because of that I suggest that you first add the price tag to set value and to align any doubts, and then just let them pirate it as usual..."

135 252 16655
« Last Edit: August 06, 2011, 03:18:51 am by fleamailman » Logged

fleamailman
Hero Supporter

« Reply #253 on: August 12, 2011, 03:59:49 am »

repost from elsewhere

“….as long as someone never admits it, it is very hard to prove an identity on this internet for I always remain anonymous where even if someone found out my identity down to the very last detail now, I would just never confirm it to them…” said the goblin, knowing that situations often change, explaining “…so my email address remains fleamailman, where my ip address changes with each session, and where the mac address behind my ip address is a linux clone, so at best someone would trace it back to a laptop in some bistro in geneva…”, just that the goblin was repeating that on the internet anonymous is best, explaining again “…for imagine if the political situation, moreover the freedom of speech laws, were to suddenly change for the worse here, then all that you had written to date as someone known would then be held against you now, wouldn’t it, for example did anyone back in 1923, during their failed uprising that is, think that the very same bunch of thugs would actually come to power in germany 1933 under hitler, where obviously intellectuals were then targeted either to be corrupted or, when that failed, to be suppress then…”

135 253 16979
« Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 04:01:18 am by fleamailman » Logged

fleamailman
Hero Supporter

« Reply #254 on: August 14, 2011, 05:25:35 am »

repost from elsewhere

"...yes you are quite right again, where I am well fed on your post, and where too, my being gnostic means that I am not allowed to blindly believe in anything, even god, no especially god, so instead I have a duty to find out what I know..." mentioned the goblin, splitting the two between the self determination, something which as a writer needs, and considering that reader, which can be blinding as rightly pointed out, so the goblin put it another way then, saying "...imagine your readers to be like a pack of wolves then, where one needs to keep them in view because one both admires them while they inspire one, but even so, one doesn't actually let them devour one through their expectations...", simply the goblin felt that the reader often ate up the writer in this way whereupon the writer then became trapped, much like arthur conan doyle hating his own creation sherlock holmes because that's all the readers ever wanted of him, so the goblin just felt the answer was keeping a safe-distance from the pack while writing with them in mind, a compromise of sorts

fleamailman
Hero Supporter

« Reply #255 on: August 15, 2011, 03:53:57 am »

repost from elsewhere

"...and all the king's horses and all the king's men couldn't put the paperbook world back together again goblin..." smiled the muse in her usual off the cuff manner not that she cared, ah no she was bipolar, she always bounced back one way or another getting all that attention she craved for then, she just continued "...this transition is just another great moment for originality goblin, for later things just settle down and that benchmark goes up doesn't it, and besides, they only really remember two types now, the first, and the best, where the best is always open to discussion, whereas the first, well isn't that up to you now..."

137 255 17160
« Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 03:54:56 am by fleamailman » Logged

fleamailman
Hero Supporter

« Reply #256 on: August 18, 2011, 03:01:25 am »

repost from elsewhere, an australian "last post" thread

But it seems that US services, no matter what hat they wear, are more interested in 1) standing around making a lot of noise about what they intend to do, and 2) being paid for it when they eventually get around to doing it. Americans just don’t have that “let’s all pitch in now and help each other” attitude that we do. They simply don't understand the concept of mateship.

"...no it's just we're talking about those ramifications of size again, where, the bigger the unit in question is, the more its laws stifle self sufficiency to encouraging dependency..." mentioned the goblin, thinking of how each empire in their turn became so clogged up, by their own bureaucracy and red type, that they were either overtaken by someone else, or toppled in war, or just fell apart by on their own accord then, adding "...each empire, one after the other then, like so many waves on a beach perhaps, and each without exception too, where at the time each empire seemed so powerful that no one thought the crash coming, which is probably what most people on the planet today think too, about these western powers and of the present status quo now, where human nature always submits to authority pushing that wave along each time, so why should this be any different now, perhaps too, the autopsy will read death by waiting for instructions then..."

136 256 17328
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 03:02:58 am by fleamailman » Logged

fleamailman
Hero Supporter

« Reply #257 on: August 19, 2011, 04:09:13 pm »

repost from elsewhere

"...what a odd game they play then, where those member states try not to be the country that actually breaks the back of the eurozone while taking their turns to grab whatever cash that's going while they still can, where the unspoken truth is simply that no sovereign debt ever needs to be repaid to anyone at all..." mentioned the goblin letting the penny drop and thinking of those various countries that have defaulted ranging from england to the medici bankers in the middleages, on to argentina in our times, adding "...well this pretence grows thinner with its continuation here of course, yet good intentions do make excellent vote-winning platforms here, and borrowing money that one doesn't have to return within ones term of office, if at all, does make fiscal sense to people as short sighted as those politicians are..."

136 257 17402
« Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 04:10:06 pm by fleamailman » Logged

fleamailman
Hero Supporter

« Reply #258 on: August 22, 2011, 04:04:26 am »

repost from elsewhere, coming across someone from a folded forum

So my question is, How does one develop a hobby like yours? Joining every kind of forum under the sun and engaging members to participate in this random ... fun?

"...just perhaps..." started the goblin looking at the post, thinking back on what had happened over the years now, continuing "...perhaps, there are no every kind of forum, nor even forums then, there's just forumland, no trees for the forest of forumland, and those personas one comes across upon it, where somewhere amongst those personas, are the livewriters who write in their posts and feed off replies, so you ask me now why, and I find myself answering now for them then...", where the goblin also remembered that forum in question too, and those other posters who had moved on from there then, smiling "...ah now, an ex girlfriend is someone one doesn't talk about, though one does remember the better moments to oneself, together with the lesson of why it drifted apart..."

136 258 17538
« Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 04:08:24 am by fleamailman » Logged

fleamailman
Hero Supporter

« Reply #259 on: August 24, 2011, 04:28:50 am »

repost from elsewhere

"...and gaius, goblin..." the witchdocter asked knowingly enough not to actually be asking, just adding instead "...oh no, he was probably neither as bad, nor as mad for that matter, as they make out goblin, just unacceptable now, more a threat to the senate and the status quo at the time then...", the goblin, for his part, was recounting to himself his memories of gaius ceasar now, better known as littleboots or caligula then, of that final assassination in the coliseum by those very praetorian guards who were meant to protect him, but the witchdocter just interrupted the goblin's thoughts, continuing "...doesn't it remind you of someone else goblin, I mean where, when the emperor is extremely popular both with the common folk and soldiers alike, and yet he is also hated by both the senate and his own bodyguard then, and where the praetorian guard would be on par with the cia or the fbi of today, simply the system played accomplice to that assassination, remember the restoration of the senate was at stake too, and although we'll never know for sure, and they'll never tell us either, president kennedy was probably just as set up for the kill as guias was, for regardless of who actually pulled the trigger now, he was placed in the line of fire to that required result, so it's not the action itself, but the context of that action now, that really tells us the truth of the matter, so just say cui bono and look again, so what do you see now of that assassination..."

136 259 17625
« Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 04:30:07 am by fleamailman » Logged

fleamailman
Hero Supporter

« Reply #260 on: August 28, 2011, 02:48:47 am »

repost from elsewhere

How important is originality and should the writing process be contrived or organic?

"...well now, if nothing is new then how can anything be original..." mentioned the goblin, who had somehow guessed that once one starts looking over ones shoulder in doubt like that, then one will only start all sorts of sillinesses just to prove to oneself that one is indeed original, saying "...if it is not natural then it is unnatural, and where it is unnatural it is unsustainable, but I don't know how to write, I just write anyway, where what I write leads me to what I write next, so nothing I write is original because I have already thought of it by the time I have written it...", simply all originality has its origins in something else, be that words thoughts ideas or anything, and then the goblin just concluded by saying "...so by this logic then, either nothing is original having its roots elsewhere, or everything is original because it sprang from ones own conception of it...", which was why the goblin tended to avoid philosophical questions that ever seemed to out-pace his simple mind here, "...lord forgive him for he knows not what he thinks..." went the chorus in the background of his mind again where the goblin was loathed to agree with them once more, though he just had to it seemed

« Last Edit: August 28, 2011, 02:57:13 am by fleamailman » Logged

fleamailman
Hero Supporter

« Reply #261 on: August 28, 2011, 02:50:38 am »

repost from elsewhere, the "defamation risk increases as we hide behind the anonymity of the web" thread

"...ah now, the internet is very anonymous, set the ip address is fluid with session, have the mac address behind the ip address cloned, proxy servers used, linux has no license key, one can create an email account changing it for another, etc., etc., etc., ..." mentioned the goblin who simply pointed out that the internet is anonymous because identity can't be proven, adding "...if identity can't be proven, then by default one is anonymous...", but turning back to topic, the goblin simply replied "...there is no freedom of speech until one goes against the law and speaks out anyway, so freedom is not when something is allowed but when one has taken it upon oneself to accept the consequences of ones actions, and of course what they fear most is a law unto oneself now..."

137 261 17812
« Last Edit: August 28, 2011, 02:52:32 am by fleamailman » Logged

fleamailman
Hero Supporter

« Reply #262 on: August 30, 2011, 08:11:06 am »

repost from elsewhere

the goblin smiled at something, relating "...perhaps here was born the goblin fleamailman might be read on a plaque someday, just as here lies the goblin now might be found somewhere else then, not that I'll actually be around to see either though, nor would any of that fame and fortune mean much to me in my old age either, so between the two then, I'd rather opt for this eternal youth of my anonymity now, than be whatever else then..."

137 262 17921
« Last Edit: August 30, 2011, 08:14:19 am by fleamailman » Logged

fleamailman
Hero Supporter

« Reply #263 on: September 02, 2011, 01:10:58 am »

repost from elsewhere

I think this falls into the fame side of 'fortune and fame'. Sure, I'd love people to find merit in my comments, but not because it's me giving them. I don't much care that people recognise my posts or remember that it was me that said something specific. Oddly, I'm not sure I like the idea of people searching for my name hoping to uncover more gems of wisdom and wit.

"...yes I suspect we live the same contradiction here human..." replied the goblin liking that reply immensely now, explaining "...well, in that I too, have no need of being known either, and yet I still read to feed now, where feeding requires me to find those who would post content in return for being fed now, perhaps it's the difference between being known and being recognised...", but all that was only the goblin's personal motivation now, whereas this thread was more about self publishing, so the goblin in his last post was merely explaining here how to self publish on forumland, how to maximise the chances of a good feed by drawing posters towards ones unsername while having an easy to remember persona perhaps, adding "...for example, if one starts a new thread, it usually dies within a week or too, whereas if one starts a random thread of some shared interest, well they can go on forever it seems, as seen with those threads in the games section here, so creating one's random thread across forumland is yet another trick of livewriting..."

137 263 18067
« Last Edit: September 02, 2011, 01:12:18 am by fleamailman » Logged

fleamailman
Hero Supporter

« Reply #264 on: September 05, 2011, 03:07:44 am »

repost from elsewhere

I hope you realise just how hard it is to turn a desktop computer upside down. I thought that woman had dropped off our radar. I'm beginning to change my mind about your domicile. Either that, or you are extremely well-read on the subject of Queensland. "Please explain."

"...simple..." replied the goblin, thinking that was probably best summed up by the line when humans sleep ozzies roam, or was that ozzies roam when humans sleep, saying "...no, I'm on the austrailan forums in the morning here, european ones during the day, and american ones in the evening for forumland never sleeps it seems...", in fact, the goblin liked the ozzies very much for their otherworldness, saying "...just that when on ozzy forums one has to be appropriately dressed and versed in their culture now..."

137 264 18266

« Last Edit: September 05, 2011, 03:09:26 am by fleamailman » Logged

fleamailman
Hero Supporter

« Reply #265 on: September 11, 2011, 02:42:28 am »

repost from elsewhere

"...so what do you suggest then goblin..." agamemnon asked, but the goblin was just looking down at the map of troy now, until moments later the goblin looked back at the king and presented his idea here, saying "...well obviously to date force of arms hasn't worked, but you could try another tactic now, I mean what if you were to first pull back your forces and then build a big wooden horse, calling it the federal horse of troy of course, and inside it, you were to place printing presses, promising to underwrite all trojan debt by issuing long term trojan bonds at interest to cover them, and as long you weren't actually audited, and if they don't ask any questions, you could then unpeg the currency from the gold standard too, churning out ever more notes with ever less value here, taking it ever further form fiscal stability and soundness, until it reached at point where, even with high taxation and austerity programs, they wouldn't be able cover their mountain of debt, and thus the whole economy would simply collapse, whereupon you could then jump in and silently buy up those politicians, corporations and any other assets you desired, after which you could then tighten up fiscal policy again, strengthening the currency too while requesting a surrender of bullion act perhaps calling it "the new deal" while making sure that all gold is handed over to the horse once more by it, whereupon you would simply up gold's price by 70%, and let the whole process repeat until you owned everything by default, but the real joy of this would be that the trojans themselves would still think that they, and not you here, are somehow still in control and running their country by voting for some irrelevant distraction every four years MYAHAHAHAHA...", not surprisingly now the king was giving that goblins are definately not to be trusted look again

137 265 18534
« Last Edit: September 11, 2011, 02:45:45 am by fleamailman » Logged

fleamailman
Hero Supporter

« Reply #266 on: September 14, 2011, 02:44:01 am »

repost from elsewhere, someone who took notes at bedtime

So now the bed time routine now consists of the extra, notepad on table, CHECK, Pen on table, CHECK, Glasses on notepad, CHECK, Stick long enough to reach my lightswitch... i'm working on it, or could just get my lamp fixed...

at with that, the goblin somehow suspected that here was someone confessing, in a roundabout sort of way of course, that he or she didn't in fact have a nubian manservant bodyguard scribe who sat diligently at the bottom of the bed each night just in case those marauding scots or lustful sheep approached the settlement again, where the goblin sympathized deeply imagining how those endless steppes of yorkshire could be daunting to anyone inexperienced like himself, and yet the goblin also knew, that for all its wretched lack of civilization, yorkshire could be quite stunning in a stark barren beauty that closely rivaled its mongolian counterpart, saying "...look, think of me as your friend then, for I will talk to the camel traders in london, and hopefully they will be able a pack a box of pens with the next caravan then, actually I feel it's the very least I can do for you now, just keep you spirits up while you still can..."

137 266 18666
« Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 02:52:17 am by fleamailman » Logged

fleamailman
Hero Supporter

« Reply #267 on: September 20, 2011, 11:18:16 pm »

repost from elsewhere

My problem is I’m kind of floating in limbo. I met most of my friends while riding the bike. I left my phone in the hospital and I don’t know where most of them live. They probably think I killed myself on the bike one day, I just fell off the Earth. Hurricane Katrina compounded that, it scattered people all over the place, hell there’s relatives I still haven’t seen since the storm. I’m trying to make new friends but I don’t know where and being disabled ain’t helping any.

"...ah but it is not so human, for what is so where it cannot be proved..." replied the goblin, thinking of j m barrie, continuing "...that is, that our forumland is simply whatever one portrays of oneself here, forumland is just the sum total of all these portrayals then, where you have no disability whatsoever bar the one you carry around with you, so dump it and let the slot become your moterbike anew, letting these threads pass below your wheels now on that fabled journey to self once more...", somehow that line if you can't live without it then you are not ready for it summed up the goblin approach always, adding "...race you then, think you can catch me human, I want you to..."

137 267 18965
« Last Edit: September 20, 2011, 11:19:24 pm by fleamailman » Logged

fleamailman
Hero Supporter

« Reply #268 on: September 24, 2011, 11:56:48 am »

repost from elsewhere

Today I was asked whether I was a miss, mrs or ms. I said I am not young enough to be a miss, and not married enough to be a mrs, so I am stuck with the horrible label of ms. Whoever invented that title should be shot. Can't wait till I'm as old as miss daisy so I can call myself a miss again........

"...why not settle for something different, and simply sign yourself the right honorable and chased housewife xxxxx each time, in that most women seemed ever married to housework now..." suggested the goblin, sometimes wondering if indeed his captain too, wasn't more married to her housework than she was to him, and, although oft times he had tried to explain to her the futility of king sisyphus's curse here, ah but no, she still wanted to roll her housework-bolder up that hill of tidiness, of course aided by her ill fated unworthy goblin that is, where they invariably just watched it roll back passed them each time, but the goblin never flinched from his delegated housework where he couldn't somehow first escape doing it

138 268 19739
« Last Edit: September 24, 2011, 11:58:10 am by fleamailman » Logged

fleamailman
Hero Supporter

« Reply #269 on: September 29, 2011, 02:44:28 am »

repost from elsewhere, the goblin relating a dream that he had had

last night the goblin's bed had been restless, it just seemed hours had passed before finally he had drowned into that otherworld again, finding himself standing in the sitting room vaguely recognising that it was still his parent's house now, albeit with minor alterations, where those two decrepit armchairs, the ones the goblin himself had burned in the garden for their strong smell of urine or sickly white wine that his mentally failing mum had spilt herself often enough on, were new again each placed with backs facing the two windows that combined to give a decent unchanged view of the wet autumn garden and its stone gravel driveway, whereupon a car could be heard now, that soft distinct crushing sound crescendoing nearer by the long moment till it stopped as usual in view revealing itself to be a normal aluminium type car, where dad must have been either driving or at least had met her outside if simply because when they came in together, she was supporting herself on his arm, like so many time before that is, save that he was longer supporting her weight here, no, here the action was more symbolic in perfect control perhaps, and she must have decent thirty years younger here, middleaged then, as they walked together to the further of the two chairs now, where the goblin's mother let go of her husband to to sit down normally, and to simply look around herself too as she often did, while wearing clothes that the goblin clearly knew to be those he had seen many years ago, though whether not allowed to speak or not wishing to now, instead she gently adjusted one of the two enormous bracelets letting the goblin note that each rectangular matchboxed sized set emerald had six pearls set impossibly within them, simply she was thinking again, whole again then, and with that the dream ended but the goblin had imagined, when he woke up in present, that perhaps she had returned to show her gratitude for spilling her ashes in sea last november, where then the goblin too, had said nothing at the time either, sometimes silence says it all

138 269 20257
« Last Edit: September 29, 2011, 02:46:56 am by fleamailman » Logged

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

© Page Contents, Layout, Graphics and Design All Copyrighted by Credited Artists and are Not Public Domain.

LupusMCTD Founder & Patient
Former Domestic Violence SURVIVOR
Kathy A. Patterson

Author of the Upcoming Memoir Book:
"Fighting From The Inside Out"..
A lupus patient fights the beast within her immune system and the beast at home....

e-Booklet filled with photos and videos of what abuse was, signs to look for,
where to turn to for help, and much more to help others like me...

For more information
Call the National Domestic Violence Hotline at 1−800−799−SAFE(7233)

"The Meaning of the Words in the Second Amendment .... "That the people have a right to freedom of speech, and of writing, and publishing their sentiments;"

PRIVACY NOTICE: Warning--any person and/or institution and/or Agent and/or Agency of any governmental structure including but not limited to the United States Federal Government also using or monitoring/using this website or any of its associated websites, you do NOT have my permission to utilize any of my profile information nor any of the content contained herein including, but not limited to my photos, and/ or the comments made about my photo's or any other "picture" art posted on my profile. You are hereby notified that you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing, disseminating, or taking any other action against me with regard to this profile and the contents herein. The foregoing prohibitions also apply to your employee(s), agent(s), student(s) or any personnel under your direction or control. The contents of this profile are private and legally privileged and confidential information, and the violation of my personal privacy is punishable by law
Photobucket
© 2008 LupusMCTD Foundation of America - All Rights Reserved
Est.November 11, 2005
"We Understand What You Are Going Through"™