Welcome To www.LupusMCTD.com
March 28, 2024, 07:27:59 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: the last person to post here wins  (Read 657164 times)
fleamailman
Hero Supporter

« Reply #300 on: December 15, 2011, 08:42:01 am »

repost from elsewhere, the "political 2cents" thread

"...china's priority is not economic growth here, it remains its elite's own self preservation always, where it's export-market might booster its coffers, yes, though that is in no way matched by any incentive on their part to develop their own domestic-market to its own products now..." mentioned the goblin fully aware that one in seven people on this planet were chinese, repeating "...so the question, posed to china's elite here, is simply one of "at what point, in a slowly rising level of domestic prosperity, does a population agitate for democratic reforms"...", which is why the goblin thought it unwise to apply american style economic considerations, which were at their base capitalism, to an economy that was at its top totalitarianism

143 300 24355
« Last Edit: December 15, 2011, 08:43:19 am by fleamailman » Logged

"...ah, signs of life..." said the goblin feeling that if that there was one thing the humans did well, it was "greed" but little did they know that they were dealing with a black-belt "last post" poster, "...post at your peril humans..." he softly warned them without him even reaching across to his coffee, he was fast
fleamailman
Hero Supporter

« Reply #301 on: December 17, 2011, 03:04:28 pm »

repost from elsewhere

"...and so we just took those addicts, who were collecting anything they could from the rubbish dump to sustain their habit, off to prison..." voiced the pakistani police chief, suddenly shaking his head, smiling as if in disbelief at the memory now, continuing "...and then of course, when they started hurting themselves in the pit of their withdrawal, we had to do a whip-round between us to go out and buy some drugs for them, and I was picked to fetch it from the dealer, but today our priorities are elsewhere I suppose...", as he fell silent looking downwards hiding something, where the goblin guessed that he meant the insurgency by it again, yet the goblin left it at that, seeing the bus stations had neared without their noticing even

144 301 24505
« Last Edit: December 17, 2011, 03:05:19 pm by fleamailman » Logged

"...ah, signs of life..." said the goblin feeling that if that there was one thing the humans did well, it was "greed" but little did they know that they were dealing with a black-belt "last post" poster, "...post at your peril humans..." he softly warned them without him even reaching across to his coffee, he was fast
fleamailman
Hero Supporter

« Reply #302 on: December 19, 2011, 09:17:40 am »

repost from elsewhere

"...well, I love this thread now..." went the goblin thanking xxxxx for her question, adding "...perhaps what it proves is that some of those accepted writing rules can be changed without much loss to the context here, where again, if I ever tried to write normally in threads, at the other end of the scale, on youth's forums for example, they would simple reject one for the stodginess of writing as matron's prime target for that suppository on bingo night...", but the goblin also knew too, that writing like this had much in common with writing a book, where both narration and illustration played their part of it and seemed just normal then, saying "...anyway, if you ever start writing delving into livewriting, you'll understand the fun of it far sooner to yourself than explanation I could offer you here...", at which point the goblin had to re'read the post once more to visualize its suitable picture, something that also stopped him from hitting the post button too soon, saying "...besides, a post is not a post until it is a repost..."

144 302 24620
« Last Edit: December 22, 2011, 04:36:07 am by fleamailman » Logged

fleamailman
Hero Supporter

« Reply #303 on: December 22, 2011, 04:41:11 am »

repost from elsewhere

flea: Don't kill yourself over this one. Some of us take what we find then go on to use it without great fanfare on the site. Which is to say, some spend more time writing instead of posting. Your efforts (although confuddling at times) are recognized and appreciated. Now stop crying.

the goblin appreciated xxxxx both for his astute observations, his quick mind and for his compassion too, saying "...well actually anything to get a reply now, not that anyone would ever accuse me of being an attentionwhoxre or anything, just that I like to do rather inconspicuous posts under some cloak of anonymity for posterity's sake here, while failing miserably at it, that's all...", yes, somehow the goblin bore this mantle of prestigious posting with fortitude and foreboding hoping that readers here, and normal people alike, would excuse him his indulgence here

144 303 24801
« Last Edit: December 22, 2011, 04:42:30 am by fleamailman » Logged

fleamailman
Hero Supporter

« Reply #304 on: December 25, 2011, 04:50:30 am »

repost from elsewhere

and with that the goblin showed, looked over the thread, and said "...good, your posts are getting so much better mortals, where there seems hope even for you writertypes now...", in fact, the goblin somehow knew that the humble writer's forum was actually the deep end of the pool for each poster regardless of background was just equal to the next one, saying "...ask yourself this then, if given the choice between reading someone's dead book or actually conversing with them in live posts, which do you think would pull the average reader of today with far less time than before...", where again, the goblin repeatedly saw those publishers come up with yet more trashy so-called bestsellers by the likes of president bush, sarah palin, paris hilton, and umpteen other non-writers too, but instead on this forum the goblin was able to see the caliber of those whom he felt to be actual writers simply by the test of their pens directly within their posts, confessing "...so, without malice then, the truth is that I probably won't read your book anyway, whereas I'll always read your posts instead, why, because I am no different from the average reader on forumland who hasn't many reading hours left in his day now, and you may shoot the messenger if you like, yet I doubt that that will change the actual message in your doing so..."

144 304 25022
« Last Edit: December 25, 2011, 04:51:21 am by fleamailman » Logged

Adminஐﻬ
"Pay It Forward" ஐﻬ
Site Owner

LupusMCTD Founder ஐﻬ

« Reply #305 on: December 25, 2011, 11:55:48 am »

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   

I look normal, as I have an "Invisible Illness". You can not catch it, you can not see it. It's called Lupus.My body is attacking itself on the inside.
www.LupusMCTD.com Represents:
1) We are patients helping researchers build a future for the lives of others...
2) Where HOPE is a WORK In Progress
3) Pay It Forward~Giving Back To The Future Lupus/MCTD Patients
fleamailman
Hero Supporter

« Reply #306 on: December 26, 2011, 01:33:43 pm »

("...my christmas lacked christmas tree and little child to go with it..." mentioned the goblin, adding "...those days have gone or those days are yet to come, but they were not these days then...", in fact, the goblin had wanted to go to work by afternoon time)

repost from elsewhere

The white wolf stretched her body before focusing on the goblin again. "So dear goblin, new friend, you have taken me into your world. Would you be so kind and tell me who you are?"

"...I suppose what I am is just what you read of me now..." replied the goblin without malice though, continuing "...for we are actually anonymous, though within reason I'll believe whatever you tell me to be the truth about yourself, where if you like, you can fit me neatly into that "married with children" bracket then...", no, the goblin was trying hard not to bring too much of his dailylifeself into his persona here, somehow he knew too, that for this to work, the persona had to be both faceless and ageless to be credible, adding "...oddly perhaps, I never wish to see your photo, nor know your age either, for me you're just what you become here, yet what you become here is as much you, and has the right to be you too, as that "you" you see in the mirror now, think of it as inner and outer selves perhaps, or more simply an internet's peter pan watching the decline of one's dailylife wendy...", and yet, those around him on this forum were those content to be, or those who wished to become, a recognized writer where the goblin had often likened that same recognition to medusa's stare that dates one by it, but perhaps he had missed something, so instead he asked the wolf what she really wanted from her posts now

145 306 25147

« Last Edit: December 26, 2011, 01:34:58 pm by fleamailman » Logged

fleamailman
Hero Supporter

« Reply #307 on: January 01, 2012, 12:02:58 pm »

repost from elsewhere

for some reason the notifications hadn't come through here, but the goblin enjoyed the posts all the same, saying "...my children are moving on now, they're welcome to stay but to date each generation of goblins has immigrated, I in my turn was no exception then, so today too, I see my daughter's move to london as a leaving of the nest as something just as final to me now, as mine must have been to parents back then, where many thoughts upon it will not reach my mouth now, but at least I feel, or probably know by this what they were thinking at the time, the emotions are mixed, yes, the action is correct in itself, but I am so left behind by it..."

145 307 25544
« Last Edit: January 01, 2012, 12:04:32 pm by fleamailman » Logged

fleamailman
Hero Supporter

« Reply #308 on: January 03, 2012, 09:23:23 am »

repost from "happy new year" thread

"...nah MYAHAHAHAHA, I'm not wishing you a happy new year humans, I'm going to wish you a whooping great hangover for new year's day instead..." went the goblin, explaining "...or just wishing you some reckless youthful recollection of when you once had a whooping great hangover for new year's day that is, and weren't they worth it at the time, even if you don't actually remember what you did nor how you got there now..."

1 308 25635
« Last Edit: January 03, 2012, 09:27:36 am by fleamailman » Logged

fleamailman
Hero Supporter

« Reply #309 on: January 05, 2012, 07:09:17 am »

("...just remove if you feel this shouldn't be voiced here..." mentioned the goblin)

repost from elsewhere

where is the freedom of speech where one is held accountable for what one says
FleaMM, do you think some people often mistake freedom from censorship with freedom from accountability ? I think so.

"...and suddenly there's a post that stops me in my tracks for the depth of thought it produces within me..." mentioned the goblin knowing that xxxxx had him thinking that, given no choice, he would have to brake the law to talk out, or else the law was tyrant's law and one was silenced by it, saying "...if one is accountable, then one is not anonymous, moreover my understanding of this forumland is that it is the devil's playground and that one swims with the sharks here, in that, the price of having a voice was that of having no face to go with it, saying "...today we think nothing of what we say, but, just like many time before, the situation can change overnight where all that one has written is held against one, and the times are certainly turning for the worse in my view, that's all..."

146 309    25721
« Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 07:12:07 am by fleamailman » Logged

fleamailman
Hero Supporter

« Reply #310 on: January 08, 2012, 07:25:56 am »

repost from elsewhere

"... a bit of a catch 22 I suppose..." replied the goblin, welcoming xxxxx then, explaining "...I mean if one writes that which readers don't want, well obviously they won't read it, whereas if one writes what readers want to read, well they won't remember it, nor you now...", simply, the goblin never took the reader too seriously here, thinking of that maxim "what the horse doesn't know the horse won't eat"...", hence the goblin's posts were usually bitesize and easy to digest, except when faced with odious writertypes now, for then, and only then that is, he guessed that one could clearly surpass the threshold of sanity bigtime and still be accepted as one of them, as long as it worked as writing per se, saying "...ah yes, only the utterly mad can actually write, the rest are just normal people who would never dream of tilting their pens towards the windmill of their own imagination here..."

147 311 25878
« Last Edit: January 08, 2012, 07:32:14 am by fleamailman » Logged

fleamailman
Hero Supporter

« Reply #311 on: January 08, 2012, 07:30:26 am »

repost from elsewhere

the goblin loved xxx for her power of her words again, saying "...oh yes we're mad but I would rather have our madness here than all their normal ways of that aging dailylife of theirs, no, for here we close our eyes and anything is possible and then we try to catch that anything in a little slot, and on it goes then, getting better, growing ever more vivid and better portrayed with the passage of time, no, not something for one's old age, something instead of one's old age, for how can there be an old age on forumland where there was only ever reflections here to begin with..."

148 311 25931
« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 06:22:19 am by fleamailman » Logged

fleamailman
Hero Supporter

« Reply #312 on: January 09, 2012, 06:21:31 am »

repost from elsewhere, the "confessions" threads

"...I confess to liking this thread, so is there something wrong with me I wonder..." asked  the goblin,  adding "...also, to having an addiction to illustrating posts, where often it's more an excuse to exhibit some picture here than to actually write anything, no, it almost feels like the picture is talking to me where I am merely relating what it's saying to you by way of me here...", and with that the goblin wished his daughter well in her move to london this june, wished every success for her future there, but confessed, to the slot alone perhaps, that it was not without some unshown sadness on his part at seeing her go now, saying "...I suppose it's as they say, that some grow old so that others can grow up, and I suppose too, that there's never the one without the other, and yet even if it were within my power to stop the clock, or turn it back even, I would just let it tick onwards, oh yes my little child is dead now, but long live my daughter still..."

148 312 26183
« Last Edit: January 13, 2012, 04:49:15 pm by fleamailman » Logged

fleamailman
Hero Supporter

« Reply #313 on: January 18, 2012, 08:51:44 am »

repost from elsewhere, a writer's forum

Many of the younger generations don't even recognize bad writing because their own grammar skills are low

"...well there you go goblin..." went the slot's voice now, continuing "...just say that you're writing for the younger generation and that publishing world will at last admit your unrivaled ability to write wrongly as their latest tread in this summer's emperor's clothes collection...", but the goblin wasn't so sure, saying "...I don't know slot, I'm not sure if the younger generation aren't actually more interested in being on social networks than that one way reading of books now, yes, they're certainly conversing far more than previous generations, and one only has to turn up on their forums, to see how quickly they are both receptive to reading in posts and contributing back in posts too, but I don't know where this is going, nor how to reconcile them to writers who in their turn don't seem to take forumland seriously as a writing medium, it's like each dislikes the other then, where the younger generation takes one look at those writertypes suspecting that they all jumped off the mayflower with the founding fathers, and where those writertypes too, glance back thinking that the younger generation was some sort of necessary evil to be promptly ignored while getting on with that serious stuff of bookwriting again...", so it seemed a kind of writing generation-gap that was carried over onto forumland here, where neither would recognize the other nor change their ways it seemed

148 313 26452
« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 08:55:23 am by fleamailman » Logged

fleamailman
Hero Supporter

« Reply #314 on: January 20, 2012, 05:00:54 am »

repost from elsewhere, a "last post" thread again

"...you win when I sleep..." replied the goblin, adding "...also, and you win whenever I don't notice the passing of time for the distractions of dailylife, and dailylife by the way can make anything and everything seem so much more important than this journey to self here, and then later, somewhere along this path then, when one realizes that all one has of oneself are those material trinkets of the moneygod and various social trappings of dailylife, one might feel a stranger to oneself, simply it had always been ever that everywhere but inwards , so you win when I lose sight of that fact, but I can't blame you for my own blindness towards the obvious..."

149 314 26610

« Last Edit: January 20, 2012, 05:07:28 am by fleamailman » Logged

fleamailman
Hero Supporter

« Reply #315 on: January 25, 2012, 04:27:36 am »

repost from elsewhere

I didn't like your posts first but now, I also like reading them... keep them coming, Flea.

"...simply, most people don't like my writing-style either, yet this is the price of my anonymity here..." replied the goblin, continuing "...where, a bit like someone's heavy foreign accent, they just get used to it, till finally they don't even notice, where I, for my part, manage to slip by medusa stare now, which is ever my goal on forumland, I mean who wants to be recognized on forumland then, ah yes, well known perhaps, but not actually recognized please..."

149 315 26913
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 04:29:48 am by fleamailman » Logged

fleamailman
Hero Supporter

« Reply #316 on: January 30, 2012, 08:27:26 am »

repost from elsewhere

Perhaps the op should learn to distinguish between 'friend' and 'acquaintance'.

and with that the demon looked down at the goblin sternly, barring him, and with grin said "...come now, first tell me the difference be a friend and an acquaintance here, or otherwise you must return from whense you came...", so the goblin paused thought hard for a second, somehow knowing that his entry here depended upon this one reply now, and then, as if the answer seemed to rise up with him, looked back at he demon and just repeated his thoughts word for word saying "...well perhaps a friend is someone one doesn't know, whereas an acquaintance is someone one doesn't know either but moreso...", "....pass, for now you may continue my goblin friend, oh and welcome to our kingdom of facebook now..."

149 316 27254
« Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 08:28:46 am by fleamailman » Logged

fleamailman
Hero Supporter

« Reply #317 on: February 09, 2012, 03:09:45 am »

repost from elsewhere

"...but you are everywhere, that you are in fact every member in this forum under different names, and more than that, every member in every forum ever created, a more than astonishing feat, for sure, a truly Godlike feat, an impossible yet undeniably visible miracle," xxxxx puts out there, feeling invisible suddenly, then sort of translucent and tingly, then fully manifest and knowing that he is also you as a result, like all the others out there in the handbag of orgiastic atoms that is God's creation, the universe

whereupon the goblin too, stuck to his guns a bit and repeated the line that there is no identity on the internet bar one's own, saying "...you see, I used to wait for the number 9 bus to take me to work, where other buses would turn up and leave, and after a while I simply realized that it was all a conspiracy now, that is, that the london bus service was testing me once more, tricking me into thinking that they were all different buses, but where in fact each bus was actually the same bus only that had turned around changing it's route number the moment it was out of sight again, and although by logic one felt it couldn't be true, still one didn't have any proof, and by that same lack of proof any poster here becomes that other bus again, simply there is oneself here surrounded by phantoms, that's all..."

149 317 27350
« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 05:07:11 am by fleamailman » Logged

fleamailman
Hero Supporter

« Reply #318 on: February 13, 2012, 05:02:49 am »

repost from elsewhere,  having it out with writers again

"...ah, but we are all just personas here anyway, where to post is to publish now, but without any of that circus publishing fanfair, or hoops and hurdles either, simply one posts away and that's that then, in that if one is read and the hitcount soars, or conversely if no one clicks onto your threads then that too is just the truth of the matter..." replied the goblin knowing that nothing was this direct then, simply he could post as he liked, while someone else could just read it, and reply if they wished to, at which point the goblin tried to bridge it to himself by saying "...look if I'm any good I'll make a fruitcake or two with the hitcount, whereas no amount of prestigious pedigree stuff elsewhere is going to substitute in the slightest for what they read, simply all that fancy stuff elsewhere may impress someone else, but on forumland it is only ever one thing to remember here, you're your posts now, meaning those elsewheres only make you look ever more naked..."

[footnote; a friutcake is 10,000 hits]

149 318 28742

« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 05:11:05 am by fleamailman » Logged

fleamailman
Hero Supporter

« Reply #319 on: February 15, 2012, 06:03:51 am »

repost from elsewhere,

and with that the goblin knew that he had been spotted by a mommy now, knowing that these usually docile creatures were in fact some of his most avid readers across forumland and beyond that is, ah yes, but one never forgot that when one could see one, there were probably others lurking in the kitchen cupboards looking at you, indeed at any moment a whole heard of stomping mummies could stampede through the goblin's "last post" thread here in some wild shopping frenzy demanding autographs of terry wogan again, in fact, the goblin just took it in his stride knowing that this then was one of those occupational hazards one faces when one was thread custodian here, but the rest was as it should be

150 319 28925
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 06:05:40 am by fleamailman » Logged

fleamailman
Hero Supporter

« Reply #320 on: February 21, 2012, 09:24:46 am »

repost from elsewhere, the subject of writer's block

whereupon the goblin landed fresh form fending off yet another hoard of stomping mummies on his "last post" thread somewhere else, saying "...one of the most overlooked and simplest ways to overcome writer's block is to engage in rapport with someone else, so share your stuff a bit, converse a bit about the plot now, just bring it to life in your posts and it will live for you as you to yourself, so try out different writing tricks and styles in posts, remember if you don't enjoy what you do, then something is wrong and back will come that block by it, so look to your posts mortals, because if you yourself aren't looking at them, then your readers certainly are, where if you narrate, illustrate and genuinely become more imaginative, who knows what posts you might yet make with a mind that seems on fire for its ideas now..."

150 320 29427
« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 09:26:23 am by fleamailman » Logged

fleamailman
Hero Supporter

« Reply #321 on: February 23, 2012, 06:00:50 am »

repost from elsewhere

There are a lot of major bookstores here in oz that are shutting their doors, thanks to poor sales. We all knew this day would come. Internet has replaced books, almost completely, for me as well. Once upon a time, when I was a child, I would walk down the street, with a book in my hand, reading while I walked. Now I never even pick one up! I feel sad for this day. But that is progress, and change, and evolution. I suppose.....

the could relate, for he too, had had that "wind in the willows toad's moment" then, where, neither minding that the fact that forumland's automobile had smashed headlong into his caravan of conventional bookwriting here, nor the fact that all this caravan baggage just lay scattered useless around him too, no like the toad then, the goblin's mind had simply become drunk on the new realities of posts, of rapport, and hicounts here, saying "...whereas some dinosaurs took to air and became birds, some writers must take to the ether here and do whatever it takes to reach their audience, simply I like to feel that I am one of those writers then facing this same hurdle as everyone else but, unlike those still refusing to jump now, I am actually embracing this medium here..."

321    29603
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 06:02:19 am by fleamailman » Logged

fleamailman
Hero Supporter

« Reply #322 on: February 28, 2012, 07:15:20 am »

repost from elsewhere, a writer's forum's "last post" thread

Q: Is anyone still reading the goblin's posts?

"...depends..." replied the goblin, continuing "...I mean wouldn't that be kind of letting the side down, and betraying one's own latent intelligence now if one confessed it, so no, I imagine the best thing would be just be to say that one's finger somehow slipped under the words followed by a sudden yet overwhelming urge to just pronounce syllables out loud for no reason at all, but that no, in fact you weren't actually reading these posts here, only doing what writers do best, that is actually admiring at the pictures each time, it'll remain our secret if you like..."

150 322    30000
« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 03:08:17 pm by fleamailman » Logged

fleamailman
Hero Supporter

« Reply #323 on: March 05, 2012, 03:05:44 pm »

repost from elsewhere, mummy baiting again, never fails

noting that the furtive mind had now scampered off, the goblin, aware that the show should continue still, somehow swallowed his pride and accepted from the mommies their comments once more, saying "...look, I'm on your side here, I know you've been holding back on me just because you think I'm new and all that, but somehow I can tell when you're just dying to tell me about which washing powder can save the world from those dire stubborn stains, and, since I do try to accommodate all posting levels here on my "last post" thread, no doubt I will relish the prospect of both that topic, and that other one of course of how the height, type and color of a pair of shoes that can actually change one's world outlook now, as acceptable topics in our future conversations, in fact I can assure you that you'll have my unwavering attention at all times..."

151 323 30443
« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 03:07:04 pm by fleamailman » Logged

fleamailman
Hero Supporter

« Reply #324 on: March 12, 2012, 05:14:05 am »

repost from elsewhere

I can't wait until tonight, although I'm tired.

"...yes, that's definitely the kind post will make sense to those who understand it..." replied the goblin, adding "...the rest of us will just use our imaginations intuitively...", where images of tall sailing ships burst romantically though undulating waves of passion to the return of hubby from work, he goblin imagined, saying "...yes I was young once too, and to know what it was to have a wife that awaited me..."

passion time, click me

151 324  30789
« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 05:16:31 am by fleamailman » Logged

fleamailman
Hero Supporter

« Reply #325 on: March 14, 2012, 12:47:59 am »

repost from elsewhere

what got you first interested in writing

"...well I guess one just fights past defeats I suppose..." mentioned the goblin ever as a dyslexic still, where all those repeated failures, of youth and before then even, had left him ever in need of a bitter coffee and a cutting pen perhaps, saying "...guess one can't change one's spots and run away from habitual writing now, any more than I could be someone else at the time, that's all, so it's thank god for forumland at least...", in fact, the goblin had been clearing out the cave today, more precisely a collection of books that no one seemed to want, real classics that he couldn't even give away to anyone at this point, adding "...so I guess the question is not how I became interested in writing then, which is ever "no where else to go I suppose, I just was habitual as in me to begin with", no, the question remains, how do I interest an increasingly non book-reading reader to read me still, well that's what actually interests me now, and what I'm up against too..."

151 325 30916
« Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 12:49:10 am by fleamailman » Logged

fleamailman
Hero Supporter

« Reply #326 on: March 29, 2012, 04:04:29 pm »

repost from elsewhere

Do not post comments that contain bad spelling, or Grammar. This practice becomes the norm after a time. Making comments on others work sharpens your own skills. Steel sharpens steel.

and then the despicable goblin showed up, read through the posts, agreed entirely and just said "...um, well you're right of course, but then again, it's such fun being forumland's best example of "how not to write" now, where too, I seriously doubt that I would have my present readership if I had actually written well to begin with, no, more likely I probably would have just published a novel like everyone else does, and then seen myself in terms of books alone like most writers do, but no, this way, remaining anonymous that is, I am forced to put my all into my posts alone, where I also understand that books and posts are two mediums apart requiring adaptation towards their respective readers, and in the case of posts their disrespective readers...", at which point the goblin just went "...ok, hands up all those whose heart sinks at seeing a long post like this one then, um, well folks, you're not going to hit it off with writers if you think like that, why, because they actually write volumes..."

152 326 31924
« Last Edit: March 29, 2012, 04:09:26 pm by fleamailman » Logged

fleamailman
Hero Supporter

« Reply #327 on: March 31, 2012, 12:55:53 pm »

repost from elsewhere, the "joy" thread

"...hard to say what my happiness is any more, not that I am unhappy, only that it always seems something in the context of that which is around it..." mused the goblin at least happy to have found this thread then, adding "...perhaps one of my happinesses is a build-up I see within myself, how during the day my posting seems all clever, attentive, and responsive to others, and how just it continues into the evening where at some point something else takes over now, and the slot in front of me seems to become a path where I'm slowly walking within these written words, at times retracing my steps perhaps, but going somewhere all the same, this then is my journey to self, till finally at some point just before the sandman shows, the clock slows its ticking, and in that moment one knows that this is it all that it is, but one also knows that this really is everything too, for here is the self that was trying to reach all along..."

154 327 32041
« Last Edit: March 31, 2012, 12:58:15 pm by fleamailman » Logged

fleamailman
Hero Supporter

« Reply #328 on: April 11, 2012, 07:19:23 am »

repost from elsewhere, the "writing about writing about writing" thread

and with that the goblin showed, read through the posts and felt he was onto something, saying "...on forumland the choice is a simple one, that of either becoming an anonymous peter pan, or of being some known wendy, where wendy grows old that is..."
But my dear friend, isn't growing old growing at least?

"...a friend I am, yet I see you've been talking to goblins again, steady now, bad idea, they're not to be trusted you know, but, whereas in dailylife one has no choice about it, on forumland one has that choice, so for me, I'd like to grow something other than simply old..." replied the goblin, adding "...and since nothing here can be proved at all, what is the point, and where is the need, of one's dailylife mask now, one's mask by fate perhaps, but a mask all the same...", the goblin guessed that any self portrayal was unlikely to be as objectively honest as perhaps how others around him would see him, so that just saved the goblin from drawing the line about himself, by having no line at all, observing "...it's quite simple, an ageless faceless goblin on forumland, masks an old fart in his dailylife, who in turn masks an ageless faceless goblin within him too, so now, do you judge something by its appearance or by its contents where perhaps both are the two sides of the same coin here..."

154 328 33021
« Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 07:20:57 am by fleamailman » Logged

fleamailman
Hero Supporter

« Reply #329 on: April 16, 2012, 03:33:31 am »

repost from elsewhere

Should society expect you to work all your life?

"...no, I don't know what society expects..." replied the goblin, continuing "...only that I do know that it becomes a growing problem within it, in that most people are living longer, where often their minds can't keep up with their bodies, and where generally the two ideas of mentally active and socially engaged are not address enough by them during their working years, hence the two biggest killers of the elderly are a maladjustment to retirement, and a surrender to lethargy...", simply, to the goblin work was far more than mere matter of finances here, it was a social network of sorts, and hopefully a mental challenge too, whereupon the goblin just added "...ah no, I repeat that I have no idea if society intends one to work all one's life, yet somehow, through its lack of spelling out this problem clearly, one might be forgiven for thinking that it doesn't mind your dying in your maladjustment to retirement now, so it's this forumland or those social networks to the rescue here, for are we not kept mentally active and socially engaged by this..."

154 329 33238
« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 03:34:32 am by fleamailman » Logged

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

© Page Contents, Layout, Graphics and Design All Copyrighted by Credited Artists and are Not Public Domain.

LupusMCTD Founder & Patient
Former Domestic Violence SURVIVOR
Kathy A. Patterson

Author of the Upcoming Memoir Book:
"Fighting From The Inside Out"..
A lupus patient fights the beast within her immune system and the beast at home....

e-Booklet filled with photos and videos of what abuse was, signs to look for,
where to turn to for help, and much more to help others like me...

For more information
Call the National Domestic Violence Hotline at 1−800−799−SAFE(7233)

"The Meaning of the Words in the Second Amendment .... "That the people have a right to freedom of speech, and of writing, and publishing their sentiments;"

PRIVACY NOTICE: Warning--any person and/or institution and/or Agent and/or Agency of any governmental structure including but not limited to the United States Federal Government also using or monitoring/using this website or any of its associated websites, you do NOT have my permission to utilize any of my profile information nor any of the content contained herein including, but not limited to my photos, and/ or the comments made about my photo's or any other "picture" art posted on my profile. You are hereby notified that you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing, disseminating, or taking any other action against me with regard to this profile and the contents herein. The foregoing prohibitions also apply to your employee(s), agent(s), student(s) or any personnel under your direction or control. The contents of this profile are private and legally privileged and confidential information, and the violation of my personal privacy is punishable by law
Photobucket
© 2008 LupusMCTD Foundation of America - All Rights Reserved
Est.November 11, 2005
"We Understand What You Are Going Through"™