Welcome To www.LupusMCTD.com
March 28, 2024, 05:29:46 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2010 Flight of the Hope Bracelet ™  (Read 30362 times)
Adminஐﻬ
"Pay It Forward" ஐﻬ
Site Owner

LupusMCTD Founder ஐﻬ

« on: September 10, 2010, 07:54:50 pm »

Fundraiser for ALR...
LIMITED to 20 participants to add a charm to LupusMCTD 2010 Flight of the Hope Bracelet™. MUST SIGN UP Today!!! last day to sign up is Monday Sept 13 or till all 20 participants have been added.

WHAT: Your name is on a list for this special bracelet to travel to your home for you to personalize it with a charm. Then mail it within 24 hours to the next person on the list.
By October 23 it should return back to me, where it be put up on FB for open bid..highest bidder wins this custom made bracelet made by LupusMCTD patients!
Bracelet proceeds will be donated directly to ALR.

Be looking for more details on http://www.LupusMCTD.com/ or here on Facebook with Kathy Patterson and Kim Nault. When participants are done, please share your moving experience on our group wall http://www.facebook.com/LupusMCTDFoundation#!/group.php?gid=230133614145&ref=ts
PLEASE share photos on FB with you wearing the bracelet as well as post your story!

2010 Flight of the Hope Bracelet ™

I look normal, as I have an "Invisible Illness". You can not catch it, you can not see it. It's called Lupus.My body is attacking itself on the inside.
www.LupusMCTD.com Represents:
1) We are patients helping researchers build a future for the lives of others...
2) Where HOPE is a WORK In Progress
3) Pay It Forward~Giving Back To The Future Lupus/MCTD Patients
Adminஐﻬ
"Pay It Forward" ஐﻬ
Site Owner

LupusMCTD Founder ஐﻬ

« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2010, 01:30:11 pm »

2010 Flight of the Hope Bracelet ™

The Lupus MCTD Foundation is very excited about launching the 2010 Flight of the Hope Bracelet ™!

In agreeing to participate, we ask that each participant commit to the following:

A ) That the mailing list remain confidential among the participants

B)   Bracelet chain is silver, so please keep to the color scheme when adding your charm

C)   Participants are asked to get their charms before the bracelet arrives at their homes

D)   That the bracelet is in your possession for no more than 24 hours

E)   After the bracelet is mailed to the next person, we ask that you go to the Face Book Lupus MCTD group page, under the Discussions tab/ 2010 Flight of the Hope Bracelet and:

•   type a personal message about how it felt to participate in this project
•   how it felt to have the bracelet in your possession
• the reason/meaning behind your particular charm
•   explain how the project made you feel bonded with other Lupus patients in America
•   a brief personal message of hope to others living with Lupus.

We encourage participants to take pictures wearing the bracelet and upload them into the photo album 2010 Flight of the Hope Bracelet on the Lupus MCTD group page. It will be exciting to see the bracelet evolve as it makes it rounds!

It is encouraged to reuse the original shipping box for the bracelet, as it will adequately protect the bracelet while keeping the shipping costs minimal.

Any questions should be directed to either Kathy or Kim via the Face Book PM system.

It is our deepest hope that the Flight of the Hope Bracelet™ becomes an annual project and a significant symbol of the bonds between Lupus patients.

Thank You and Keep the Light Going,
Kathy A. Patterson, Founder/Owner Lupus MCTD Foundation
Kim Nault, Administrative Assistant Lupus MCTD Foundation

I look normal, as I have an "Invisible Illness". You can not catch it, you can not see it. It's called Lupus.My body is attacking itself on the inside.
1) We are patients helping researchers build a future for the lives of others...
Adminஐﻬ
"Pay It Forward" ஐﻬ
Site Owner

LupusMCTD Founder ஐﻬ

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2010, 01:10:36 pm »

List of Hope Bracelet Participants as of Monday, September 13, 2010  CandleSmilie  LUAW

1) Sue Myrick (Massachusetts)

2) Tracy Bennett (Texas)

3) Kristel Goodspeed-Correa (Illinois)

4) Melissa Bishop Wise (Indiana)

5) Sylvia Chavez Weitzel (California)

6) Tesa Perry (Washington, DC)

7) Erica Wheaton (Ohio)

8) Faith Dean (Texas)

9) Allison Wisenbaker (Florida)

10) Pat Thompson (Alabama)

11) Maria Basulto Ortega (New Jersey)

12) Tracey L. Flenner (Ohio)

13) LuAnne Trivelli (South Carolina)

14) Cheryl Cerisano (New York)

15) Sy Robinson (New York)

16) Katie Ruddy (Ohio)

17) Suzanne Amir (Michigan)

18) Chrystal Burdette (South Carolina)

19) Patty Jones (Florida)

20) Kimberly Ann Possible (New York)

Thank you to all of our participants!!!

Adminஐﻬ
"Pay It Forward" ஐﻬ
Site Owner

LupusMCTD Founder ஐﻬ

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2010, 03:02:09 pm »

http://redefiningmyselfwithlupusandms.blogspot.com/

Be sure to visit Kim Naults site for more information on Lupus & MS

Adminஐﻬ
"Pay It Forward" ஐﻬ
Site Owner

LupusMCTD Founder ஐﻬ

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2010, 12:49:24 pm »

Thank you CHRONICALLYsiLLy for the plug!
Every bit helps raising awareness!
http://www.chroniclysilly.com/2010/09/flight-of-2010-hope-bracelet-lupus-mctd.html

Adminஐﻬ
"Pay It Forward" ஐﻬ
Site Owner

LupusMCTD Founder ஐﻬ

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2010, 02:02:57 pm »

UPDATE for FRIDAY Oct1, 2010....
Now at Sy Robinson's wrist!

REMINDER ~In agreeing to participate, we ask that each participant commit to the following:

A ) That the mailing list remain confidential among the participants

B)   Bracelet chain is silver, so please keep to the color scheme when adding your charm

C)   Participants are asked to get their charms before the bracelet arrives at their homes

D)   That the bracelet is in your possession for no more than 24 hours

E)   After the bracelet is mailed to the next person, we ask that you go to the Face Book Lupus MCTD group page, under the Discussions tab/ 2010 Flight of the Hope Bracelet and:

•   type a personal message about how it felt to participate in this project
•   how it felt to have the bracelet in your possession
• the reason/meaning behind your particular charm
•   explain how the project made you feel bonded with other Lupus patients in America
•   a brief personal message of hope to others living with Lupus.

We encourage participants to take pictures wearing the bracelet and upload them into the photo album 2010 Flight of the Hope Bracelet on the Lupus MCTD group page. It will be exciting to see the bracelet evolve as it makes it rounds!

It is encouraged to reuse the original shipping box for the bracelet, as it will adequately protect the bracelet while keeping the shipping costs minimal.

Any questions should be directed to either Kathy or Kim via the Face Book PM system.

It is our deepest hope that the Flight of the Hope Bracelet™ becomes an annual project and a significant symbol of the bonds between Lupus patients.

Thank You and Keep the Light Going,
Kathy A. Patterson, Founder/Owner Lupus MCTD Foundation  LUAW
Kim Nault, Administrative Assistant Lupus MCTD Foundation
CandleSmilie
« Last Edit: October 01, 2010, 08:40:30 am by Adminஐﻬ » Logged

Adminஐﻬ
"Pay It Forward" ஐﻬ
Site Owner

LupusMCTD Founder ஐﻬ

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2010, 10:25:10 am »

UPDATE for Thursday Oct 14, 2010 LUAW
..."Kimberly Ann Possible I just got the bracelet! I have added my charm and it is on its way to MAria Ortega in NEw Jersey! I added a sterling silver helm of a ship to represent my favorite quote " smooth seas never lead to skillful sailors" as it is a constant phrase i tell my self when things get roough- also i want it to symbolize how regardless of our diagnosis and what not you are in control, Not lupus so take the helm and steer your ship! wink putting pics up now too my loves ♥"

http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?topic=15951&post=130725&uid=230133614145#post130725
LINK TO OUR FACEBOOK GROUP
« Last Edit: October 14, 2010, 10:25:46 am by Adminஐﻬ » Logged

Adminஐﻬ
"Pay It Forward" ஐﻬ
Site Owner

LupusMCTD Founder ஐﻬ

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2010, 11:22:55 am »

OCT 21, 2010-

I've received confirmation, the bracelet has landed in New Jersey!
 Sista Maria says the bracelet is I quote her "BEAUTIFUL"
LUAW CandleSmilie
« Last Edit: October 21, 2010, 11:24:38 am by Adminஐﻬ » Logged

Adminஐﻬ
"Pay It Forward" ஐﻬ
Site Owner

LupusMCTD Founder ஐﻬ

« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2010, 12:41:34 pm »

Received a spoon charm via mail today from fellow patient Sylvia Weitzel.
Her letter she hand wrote is as follows:

"Hello my "Lupie" friends. We have been given this burden called Lupus.I find it comforting to know, that I am included with all of you living with this disease.
I pray that one day we weill alll be cured. We will never have to go through any more pain or loss.
The only good thing that has come of this is...I have met many wonderful friends. You all, "get it" You understand. I am sending this charm to go alongside the rest.
It is a spoon to go along with Christine Miserandino Donato's "Spoon Theory".
Now we always have one spoon in reverse. I wish you all love, pain free days, frienship and a long life to enjoy.

Yours in Friendship:
A Lupus Survivor
Sylvia Weitzel
California

Adminஐﻬ
"Pay It Forward" ஐﻬ
Site Owner

LupusMCTD Founder ஐﻬ

« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2010, 12:51:10 pm »

« Last Edit: November 30, 2010, 12:51:46 pm by Adminஐﻬ » Logged

Adminஐﻬ
"Pay It Forward" ஐﻬ
Site Owner

LupusMCTD Founder ஐﻬ

« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2011, 06:13:17 am »

AN UPDATE.. the bracelet went *missing* back in Dec 2010..
It arrived at Kristel Goodspeed-Correa February 17, 2010

"I am very honored and excited to be participating in the Flight Of Hope bracelet. Its very beautiful and it represents the special bonds that we the patients ourselves have with one another.

The charm I chose, is a key with a heart on top with pretty gemstones. I chose it because the heart is the key to the cure for Lupus and hope comes from the heart. The colorful gemstones resemble are own uniquenesses, but united together to find the cure.

My Message of Hope to others living with Lupus is to keep the faith. They WILL find a cure someday, its just a matter of time. Lupus has afforded me many wonderful opportunities that I would not have had otherwise, so try to look for that silver lining. Everything in life happens for a reason, including Lupus. Perhaps its because we have the power to make a difference. Lupus has made me find strengths in myself I never knew I even had. I have been able to meet some phenomenal people from all over the world and I count them among my blessings."-Kristel Goodspeed-Correa

« Last Edit: February 18, 2011, 06:19:35 am by Adminஐﻬ » Logged

Adminஐﻬ
"Pay It Forward" ஐﻬ
Site Owner

LupusMCTD Founder ஐﻬ

« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2011, 03:21:47 pm »

It has arrived at the next home safely!  CandleSmilie

Adminஐﻬ
"Pay It Forward" ஐﻬ
Site Owner

LupusMCTD Founder ஐﻬ

« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2011, 03:24:50 pm »

http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?topic=15951&post=144886&uid=230133614145#post144886

Bracelet has landed safely @ Tracy F's house!!! CandleSmilie LUAW

Adminஐﻬ
"Pay It Forward" ஐﻬ
Site Owner

LupusMCTD Founder ஐﻬ

« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2011, 10:34:52 am »

It felt amazing to receive the bracelet. Something came over me when I saw all the beautiful charms. I thought about each charm and wondered about the person who placed it on the bracelet. I thought about how each charm was so different yet each had the same meaning. We are all fighting this disease and how different it is for each one of us. I went to choose my charm with my daughter, Lauren. She was as into finding the perfect charm as I was. Right now we are waiting on blood test results to find out if she has Lupus. My heart is breaking for her. She has been having a lot of crazy symptoms. It was her choice to put the wolf charm on the bracelet.

She has been with me every step of the way. I thank God that my children were older (not babies) when I first got sick. For that I am thankful. I have often said I don't know how I would do it if they were babies. I know so many of you have young ones at home, my heart goes out to you. I can only imagine how difficult it is for you.

Thank you for allowing me to be a part of this.

Adminஐﻬ
"Pay It Forward" ஐﻬ
Site Owner

LupusMCTD Founder ஐﻬ

« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2011, 10:35:34 am »

Can't tell you how excited I was to get the bracelet in the mail! I was on the list of the first bracelet which never made its way around so, this time, it's like winning the lotto smiley After I opened the envelope and saw the bracelet, I immediately was curious to read about the meanings behind the charms so that was the first thing I did -- search for the stories behind them. We need more!

Adding the peace symbol was important to me because, not only is peace important in life itself but it is especially important to find peace within oneself when dealing with a chronic illness. Patience has been especially hard to come by when it comes to having an autoimmune disease -- not only for me, but for those around me. I hope this charm will be a reminder to the wearer to find a few moments of peace every day.

Reading the messages on here where everyone is asking where the bracelet is ... what better to unify us in a positive way? [Because we know for damn sure that lupus isn't positive!] The good thing about this mad disease lupus is that it brings people together with their unique stories of how lupus has affected them. I'm so grateful to have "met" the people I have as a result of having that positive ANA! And, sharing the flight of the bracelet only adds to that feeling of community. Thank you, Kathy and Kim, for allowing me to participate! On a side note, I was VERY excited to see that someone I've "known" since the days of AO-Hell Journals is who gets the bracelet next ... LuAnne ! ♥ ! ♥ ! ♥ [going in the mail this afternoon!]

~*~*~*~ REMEMBER to BREATHE! ~*~*~*~

Adminஐﻬ
"Pay It Forward" ஐﻬ
Site Owner

LupusMCTD Founder ஐﻬ

« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2011, 05:48:18 pm »

LUAW   the bracelet just arrived in Iva, SC with Chrystal Brock Burdette.

Adminஐﻬ
"Pay It Forward" ஐﻬ
Site Owner

LupusMCTD Founder ஐﻬ

« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2011, 08:23:28 am »

cry Dear Friends of LupusMCTD,
After one year of the 2010 Flight of the Hope Bracelet being successful in flight visiting lupus mctd patients all over the United States who graciously participated by adding charms and writing their words of support for one patient to another... THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart!
YOU are the ones who made this awareness campaign be what it is is! Once it left Alabama, it never made it to Faith's home.
It is officially lost.

While I continue to hold the only known charm and handwritten letter from Sylvia, I will return it to her.

I am closing out the LupusMCTD Facebook page and group.
Any information I can still continue to post for support and information to "Pay It Forward" I will do so on here until this domain name expires.

Thank you to all who has been here from the beginning on November 11, 2005 to present.
LupusMCTD will be no more.
I'm toast.. done.
Time to start living my life, not life live for me.

Special heartfelt thanks to Kim for being my right hand lady through all this... you are one of a kind special sister of the heart who totally understood the mission to help support, educate and bring much needed awareness to invisible illnesses.
 LUAW

Wishing You Well,
Kathy Patterson-Founder LupusMCTD

3sisters
Lupus patient with overlapping accessories
Newsletter Editor

« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2011, 05:04:57 pm »

CandleSmilie  The bracelet symbolizes unity and the commonality of the unique lupus patient fighter spirit. To those who honored the Hope Bracelet project and its participants, by keeping the bracelet traveling; I do thank you very much for keeping your commitment.   But I do  karma

Kathy, God through lupus and MCTD connected us and a treasure our sisterly bond. Thank you for welcoming me into the Lupus MCTD Foundation in 2007 and for the incredible journey of service work that we have shared. You have taught me so much and I will continue to Pay it Forward to other's!

Keep the Light Going, Everyone!
Warmly & Respectfully,
Kim Nault    smileywrites  (Kathy's right hand lady) 

Living with NP-SLE/ MCTD and MS. Powered by the Indigenous 7th Sense and lots of meds... Living with an invisible illness sucks. But living with an UN-diagnosed and UN-treated illness REALLY sucks.
"Where HOPE is a Work in Progress™"
Adminஐﻬ
"Pay It Forward" ஐﻬ
Site Owner

LupusMCTD Founder ஐﻬ

« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2011, 02:10:04 pm »

CandleSmilie  The bracelet symbolizes unity and the commonality of the unique lupus patient fighter spirit. To those who honored the Hope Bracelet project and its participants, by keeping the bracelet traveling; I do thank you very much for keeping your commitment.   But I do  karma

Kathy, God through lupus and MCTD connected us and a treasure our sisterly bond. Thank you for welcoming me into the Lupus MCTD Foundation in 2007 and for the incredible journey of service work that we have shared. You have taught me so much and I will continue to Pay it Forward to other's!

Keep the Light Going, Everyone!
Warmly & Respectfully,
Kim Nault    smileywrites  (Kathy's right hand lady) 

Bless your heart!  smitten
Thank YOU for entering my life and the lives of others ...
The friendships formed have created such a strengths bond between us as women...
... and us as patients...

I can't see not having Lupus in my life now..
Without Lupus, where would be meet such a fine group of compassionate women who understand what we go through??
(It takes one to know one!!!)

Love & Hugs!  LUAW

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

© Page Contents, Layout, Graphics and Design All Copyrighted by Credited Artists and are Not Public Domain.

LupusMCTD Founder & Patient
Former Domestic Violence SURVIVOR
Kathy A. Patterson

Author of the Upcoming Memoir Book:
"Fighting From The Inside Out"..
A lupus patient fights the beast within her immune system and the beast at home....

e-Booklet filled with photos and videos of what abuse was, signs to look for,
where to turn to for help, and much more to help others like me...

For more information
Call the National Domestic Violence Hotline at 1−800−799−SAFE(7233)

"The Meaning of the Words in the Second Amendment .... "That the people have a right to freedom of speech, and of writing, and publishing their sentiments;"

PRIVACY NOTICE: Warning--any person and/or institution and/or Agent and/or Agency of any governmental structure including but not limited to the United States Federal Government also using or monitoring/using this website or any of its associated websites, you do NOT have my permission to utilize any of my profile information nor any of the content contained herein including, but not limited to my photos, and/ or the comments made about my photo's or any other "picture" art posted on my profile. You are hereby notified that you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing, disseminating, or taking any other action against me with regard to this profile and the contents herein. The foregoing prohibitions also apply to your employee(s), agent(s), student(s) or any personnel under your direction or control. The contents of this profile are private and legally privileged and confidential information, and the violation of my personal privacy is punishable by law
Photobucket
© 2008 LupusMCTD Foundation of America - All Rights Reserved
Est.November 11, 2005
"We Understand What You Are Going Through"™