Welcome To www.LupusMCTD.com
April 18, 2024, 11:35:57 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: UC David Rhuematology- Northern California  (Read 5551 times)
Adminஐﻬ
"Pay It Forward" ஐﻬ
Site Owner

LupusMCTD Founder ஐﻬ

« on: August 28, 2009, 12:14:24 pm »

*Note: I recieved a phone call from a local woman seeking a Dr. for her 10 yro daughter with Lupus. She mentioned she goes to San Francisco. If you are reading this, please try UC Davis. I go there personally I prefer it and it's an easier drive to get here, straight up Highway 99 right past Sacramento. The traffic isn't as bad.
Good luck, please call me again or email me at LupusWebsite@aol.com I will send you information I have on Pediactric Lupus.
Good Luck,
Kathy

Doctors links:
http://www.ucdmc.ucdavis.edu/internalmedicine/our_team/index.html

UC Davis Medical Center
Internal Medicine Residency Program
4150 V Street Suite #3100
Sacramento, CA 95817

From the south (Stockton, Los Angeles), follow Highway 99 north to Business 80/Capital City Freeway east (Reno). Exit at T Street. Turn right onto T Street, then right onto Stockton Boulevard. Continue 3 blocks to UC Davis Medical Center. The parking structure will be on the left.

Division of Rheumatology/Allergy/Clinical Immunology
The mission of the Division of Rheumatology/Allergy/Clinical Immunology is to provide the finest treatment available to patients who suffer from allergies or arthritis. Our physicians are renowned for vigorous, compassionate patient care. We focus on the immune system, which provides protection against infection and invasion of hostile organisms. However, the immune system can turn against patients and cause disabling, painful and deadly illness that affects many parts of the body, including the joints, liver, bowel and lungs. New insights into the complexities of the immune system have led to innovative therapies and prevention strategies. In recognition of their work, division faculty have been awarded honors by prominent medical schools in 25 countries.

Patient Care

Our physicians provide consultations for physicians throughout California regarding the diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation of rheumatic disorders and autoimmune diseases. We also see patients who come from as far away as Europe, Japan and South America. The division features special-emphasis panels in rheumatoid arthritis and systemic lupus erythematosus. In addition, we offer a clinical program to address allergies, including special treatments for food allergies and food hypersensitivity. State-of-the-art therapy for patients with serious and chronic asthma includes a self-care component involving environmental education, food, nutrition and pharmacotherapy. One clinic is dedicated to evaluation, therapy and rehabilitation of the unique problems faced by musicians such as overuse syndromes and tendonitis.

Research
Since 1974, the division has received funding from the National Institutes of Health (NIH). We have led the country by organizing national and state committees to develop cutting-edge research. Our researchers initiated efforts in California to improve understanding and treatment of food allergies and introduced the first oral vaccine for an autoimmune disease. We have pioneered efforts to find cures for patients harmed by their own immune system by investigating responses to food allergens, immunologic mediated liver disease and asthma. Our scientists have developed a notable alternative and complementary medicine program, especially related to asthma. The division actively tests the use of new drugs for patients with serious intractable arthritis. Clinical research also includes the prevention and treatment of overuse syndromes and the role of autoimmunity in rheumatoid arthritis.

Visit the UC Davis Immunology Lab Web site for an in-depth look at the research being done.
http://www.ucdmc.ucdavis.edu/internalmedicine/rheumatology/

Making People Feel Better
The division consists of a unique, versatile multidisciplinary team of rheumatolo-gists, immunologists and allergists dedicated to improving the immune system. We know what it means to suffer from chronic disease, and we want our patients to feel our devotion and thoroughness. The division has new research grants from the NIH totaling more than $2.5 million allocated to finding better treatments. We will use technology to make the important discoveries of this new century and bridge the gaps in our health care system. Our goal is to help people help themselves, start living and stop suffering. If we do not have the answers, we will find them for our patients.

I look normal, as I have an "Invisible Illness". You can not catch it, you can not see it. It's called Lupus.My body is attacking itself on the inside.
www.LupusMCTD.com Represents:
1) We are patients helping researchers build a future for the lives of others...
2) Where HOPE is a WORK In Progress
3) Pay It Forward~Giving Back To The Future Lupus/MCTD Patients
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

© Page Contents, Layout, Graphics and Design All Copyrighted by Credited Artists and are Not Public Domain.

LupusMCTD Founder & Patient
Former Domestic Violence SURVIVOR
Kathy A. Patterson

Author of the Upcoming Memoir Book:
"Fighting From The Inside Out"..
A lupus patient fights the beast within her immune system and the beast at home....

e-Booklet filled with photos and videos of what abuse was, signs to look for,
where to turn to for help, and much more to help others like me...

For more information
Call the National Domestic Violence Hotline at 1−800−799−SAFE(7233)

"The Meaning of the Words in the Second Amendment .... "That the people have a right to freedom of speech, and of writing, and publishing their sentiments;"

PRIVACY NOTICE: Warning--any person and/or institution and/or Agent and/or Agency of any governmental structure including but not limited to the United States Federal Government also using or monitoring/using this website or any of its associated websites, you do NOT have my permission to utilize any of my profile information nor any of the content contained herein including, but not limited to my photos, and/ or the comments made about my photo's or any other "picture" art posted on my profile. You are hereby notified that you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing, disseminating, or taking any other action against me with regard to this profile and the contents herein. The foregoing prohibitions also apply to your employee(s), agent(s), student(s) or any personnel under your direction or control. The contents of this profile are private and legally privileged and confidential information, and the violation of my personal privacy is punishable by law
Photobucket
© 2008 LupusMCTD Foundation of America - All Rights Reserved
Est.November 11, 2005
"We Understand What You Are Going Through"™